Options

Tiscali+ HD

ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
Forum Member
✭✭
I have just connected my TalkTalk+ box to a 42" LCD Full HD TV and am wondering how to access the HD content.

I have the box set to HDMI - HD: Widescreen (16:9) displaying in widescreen and 4:3 (stretched) and have also tried in HDMI - SD setting.

I have left the box in standby overnight (for about 10 hours) but whenever I try to access the test card or the Harry Potter film I keep getting the message that

"No HD Content has been downloaded. Leave the box in standby and try later on"

By stand-by I presume that this means that the box is plugged in and the fan is going, but the green light is off.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance! :)

PS - I live about 30 metres from the BT Exchange, so I'm sure that it's not slow broadband speeds!

Comments

• Options
    parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that there is any HD content at the moment. Tiscali did a trial by making available a download of an HD Harry Potter movie, I don't know if it's still running but I don't think so.

I believe that some time ago I saw Tiscali say that PQ could be improved by connecting via HDMI, but generally there are no HD transmissions... yet. But TalkTalk's commitment to the current mode of TV service is "up in the air" at the moment, with their signing up to Canvas.

parthena
  • Options
    ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there's no HD content then that explains why I haven't downloaded anything!

Thanks for the advice! :)