X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Comments

• Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    jalal wrote: »
    Star Trek doesn't appeal to kids, this does.

I barely remember seeing as many teens coming to see Star Trek 2 this year, when compared to End Games where the majority of the audience are under 18's.
    Kids? So what?

Star Trek 2 didn't click with the casual audience (a broad age bracket, btw) as much as they perhaps thought, but at $473m that's probably still more than Ender's Game (which I presume you mean) is going to make.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer is awful with a ripped off soundtrack to boot. I can see this being a massive flop at the box office next year.

its an amazing trailer and how is it a rip off soundtrack? iirc(only seen it once) its hans zimmer track,same one used on man of steel trailer!....its originally from thin red line i think.

it wont be used in the film or on official soundtrack!

as for trailer i loved seeing old and new faces, bryan singer is back!....and bishop!
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i remember watching the cartoon of all things a few years ago "wolverine and the x men" (i think it was called) and the series had the story of days of future past. what a great story it was, i was hooked. knowing the story obviously has slightly ruined it for me now but i hope they follow the story because it should make a really awesome film if done right
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Full trailer here, looks awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiA6sVKLlgo
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very much looking forward to this. X3 and the Wolverine standalones weren't great, but I love X1, X2 and First Class. The three I like all involved Bryan Singer and so does this, so I have my hopes up, even though the X-Men franchise has been a bit of a mixed bag at times.
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Singer's X-Men and X2 as well as First Class are better than any of the MCU output, so I have huge hopes for this amalgamation.

The cast is incredible.
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting how Jennifer Lawrence is much bigger on the poster with Jackman. Is that a marketing thing or is her character that significant?

http://i1.cdnds.net/14/13/618x916/movies-x-men-days-of-future-past-poster.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has boobs.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know what that trailer makes me wish? I wish the next Star Trek film involved time travel and Picard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryan singer plus x-men license = awesomeness
  • MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been waitin ages since first trailer
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a little disapointed in that it seems Banshee is not in this. He was my favourite from First Class. Instead we get characters and those played by certain actors that I don't like. As sean whathisface as iceman. WORST casting ever in an x-man film!

Edit: Correction worst casting ever is Halle Berry as Storm
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh, time travel films usually give me a headache and knowing there might be an inevitable plothole or two :(

But I'm still definitely looking forward to this, I'm in the minority that thought First Class was mediocre. So I'm glad that Bryan Singer is back since I love the first two X-Men films.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't blown away by the second trailer. But it was cool to see the lavish effects on what looks like mutants in their prime.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing Bobby not looking so young in this film :D Loving Shawn in The Following.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see Iceman will be in full ice form in the movie. Looks great!
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope they make it more about the characters like in X-men 1 and 2, rather than the goofy comic book stuff, or over the top/overly long action scenes. I think that's the reason X-men 3 sucked so much compared to 1 and 2.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Much better trailer IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These game of thrones actors know they have to emote in movies, right? Getting your tadger out and saying f-bombs in the middle of dialogue is not enough.
    Forum Member
    New TV Spot, which finally shows QuickSilver in action!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=96796
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sooooooooooooo excited.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The battle clip shows a mutant with a visual portal ability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA-T-HLdv7g

Makes me think they totally should have made a movie about the game Portal. Seems this is the closest we'll get but from the footage they could have pulled off some amazing fight scenes using the concept.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    New TV Spot, which finally shows QuickSilver in action!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=96796

havnt see the vid yet but he looks a bit meh compared to avengers quicksilver(pietro) from what i have seen.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen this shocking accusation against Bryan Singer? :o:o:o
    LOS ANGELES — The filmmaker Bryan Singer, whose big-budget “X-Men: Days of Future Past” is set for release next month by 20th Century Fox, was accused in a federal lawsuit filed on Wednesday of drugging and raping an underage boy here and in Hawaii more than 14 years ago.

A lawyer for Mr. Singer, Martin D. Singer, said in a statement that the claims were without merit. “We are very confident that Bryan will be vindicated in this absurd and defamatory lawsuit,” he added.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/18/business/media/in-lawsuit-director-of-new-x-men-film-is-accused-of-sexual-assault.html?rref=homepage

We don't know whether Singer is guilty or innocent yet, but this scandal is
    definitely going to hurt the film.