Options

All Star Wars films will be on iTunes this Friday

GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
Forum Member
All six Star Wars movies are coming to iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Instant Video, and Xbox Video this Friday.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/6/8357987/star-wars-digital-hd-collection-itunes-google-play

Comments

• Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is good news, although I wish Disney would just bite the bullet and release the original theatrical versions of the classic trilogy.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news for those that want them, but having already bought them on VHS, DVD and Blu-ray I won't be dipping again.

Annoyingly though, it looks like there are mew special features that you can only get by purchasing the Digital versions. I don't suppose there's a way to buy them separately?
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news for those that want them, but having already bought them on VHS, DVD and Blu-ray I won't be dipping again.

Annoyingly though, it looks like there are mew special features that you can only get by purchasing the Digital versions. I don't suppose there's a way to buy them separately?

There will be a way to get them but it won't involve buying....
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    There will be a way to get them but it won't involve buying....

I'd rather pay for them if at all possible.

Looking at the iTunes pages, I noticed they've dropped the episode numbers. I wonder if this is the policy going forwards? Perhaps they think it makes it easier to slot the forthcoming standalone movies into the existing timeline.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Having had them already on VHS, then DVD, then Blu-Ray, I think I can manage without this version.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had them on VHS, and currently have the Special Editon DVDs. I refuse to buy the BluRay (or any later versions) because Lucas has tampered with the originals even MORE. I could just about stomach some of the SE changes, but adding the "NOOOOO" to Vader's redemption scene in Jedi was unforgivable.