• CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow. You could buy an awful lot of mouthwash with £100... or soap
    :kitty:
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money well spent imo, I'd pay £100 to wash his mouth out, him and his mother look a right 'orrible pair!
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to think the majority of people will be on the mans side and not the mothers. I can't stand nasty little shits like that boy, no wonder they do as they please with parents like that backing them up
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    You can't go throwing six year olds to the ground and shoving bars of soap in their mouth, no matter how gobby they are.
  • My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible, nasty inbred looking lowlife people that woman is no 'mother' she must've brought up the child to think that behaviour is acceptable.
    How is that good parenting?
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    You can't go throwing six year olds to the ground and shoving bars of soap in their mouth, no matter how gobby they are.
    I know! Their tiny little mouths won't fit them!
    :kitty:
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

They quickly learn manners via operant conditioning.
  • Cornish_PiskieCornish_Piskie Posts: 7,489
    Forum Member
    Yet another Daily Mail OUTRAGE....!!!!

Where would this site be without them.?

Whilst the "hang-'em-high-flog-'em-to-within-an-inch-of-their-lives" brigade foam at the mouth (no pun intended) about this, perhaps we should remember that what the man did was actually assault.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not right to put your hands on another persons child no matter what they have done unless they attack you of course so this man deserves to be punished.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict this thread will be 20 pages long next time I look...:p
  • FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha. You have to give the Daily Mail credit, they are giving 'The Onion' and 'Funny or Die' a run for their money with producing some of the funniest stuff on the internet.
  • miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read a bit of this article earlier. What annoys me, is the mother thinks it's acceptable for her SIX YEAR OLD to use language like that. Is this what we've come to, as a society, language like that being acceptable for someone who is barely out of toddlerhood?

That's what made me despair. I'm glad I have minimal contact with people like that. :(
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the wrong reaction and Birtwell was lucky to get off with just £100 fine.

What he did amounted to a serious assault on a young child.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    They quickly learn manners via operant conditioning.

You might be happy for a grown man to pin you down on the ground in the park and shove something in your mouth, but he is only six. :p
  • TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on that man!!the mother though?! LOL

"My son has got a lot of allergies - asthma and eczema - soap and things aggravate him. He could have had a reaction. Who's to know? "

He's clearly allergic to respect and manors too! Which -sad day for him :(- did cause a reaction.

Christ! If I'd said that at 6 my ass would be red raw if my mother ever found out! And my mother certainly wouldn't be excusing my bad mouth by saying "kids do that kind of thing" cause her thought (rightly) would be "not in my house they don't!".
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Excellent sad faces from the DM :D but obnoxious though the kid was it is for the parent to discipline him,no one else, and certainly not some twenty something lad from the estate knocking about in the park.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I can understand feeling like doing the same actually doing it is wrong, I would have gone to find his parents/parent to remonstrate about the behaviour of their offspring and how it reflects on them.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Birtwell admits he shouldn't have done it and I highly doubt he will be a serial offender, I think in this case, the court acted sensibly. The mother, however, is needing to take a good look at her parenting skills before it's her son that ends up in court.
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all very well, but the old 'wash your mouth out with soap and water' gambit is only a saying. You're not actually meant to do it. Actually going to the shop to buy the soap in order to do it - probably not the wisest course of action.
  • boniverboniver Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    Whilst I can understand feeling like doing the same actually doing it is wrong, I would have gone to find his parents/parent to remonstrate about the behaviour of their offspring and how it reflects on them.

I doubt the mother would have done anything about it though considering she thinks swearing is just something kids do!
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But yeah, the sad faces are hilarious :)
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In front of witnesses :D
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

It's assault in anyone's language, no matter what. Hardly praiseworthy, so it's win win for hideous mother and her child. I think this nutty statement from the mother is a bit of a give away.
    She also denied that her son had kicked the elderly man's walking stick and said he had not been violent towards the pensioner.
    She said: 'There was no old man at all. He was in a park at the time with his older brother and various other friends. There were quite a few people around him.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree with what he done he has no right to lay his hands on someone else's child but I don't think he's a bad person. The person in this story who should be ashamed is the mother.