Do you have a big nose?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When I was a kid, I was always called big nose, coz I was so skinny.

Now, I am older, my nose seems to have shrunk. I was told I had a Roman nose, that's a bump on the middle of the nose.

The old joke is, a Roman nose....roaming all over your face. :D

Comments

• zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nose is average size I would guess, tho' I have got a little bump in it where someone head butted me years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was born with my bump. I think I may be part Jewish, coz my great great grandmother was called Morley, and Morely is a Jewish name.
  • SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a huuuge nose, massive nostrils and it ends in a massive bump, like my Dad has. Got teased about it all through childhood/my teens, I used to want to do something about it but the surgery procedures (breaking the nose, having black eyes etc.) really put me off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No i have a tiny weeny cutsy one - nick name button!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    I have a conk on me yes complete with little bump. hate it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope! But then I'm not Jewish. :p
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was a kid, I was always called big nose, coz I was so skinny.

Now, I am older, my nose seems to have shrunk. I was told I had a Roman nose, that's a bump on the middle of the nose.

The old joke is, a Roman nose....roaming all over your face. :D

Was yours something like this :

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1351/1283676797_5a34f1280a_o.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Mine is bullbus at the end and the bridge is crooked too. :(

I used to have such a cute ski slope nose.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I love a big nose - the more Roman looking, the better.

First man I ever fancied had a massive hooter, and I ended up marrying a man with a real Roman nose (Arabic of Carthaginian <Roman> descent).
  • CabbagesAhoy!CabbagesAhoy! Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love a big nose - the more Roman looking, the better.

First man I ever fancied had a massive hooter, and I ended up marrying a man with a real Roman nose (Arabic of Carthaginian <Roman> descent).

Too right! You can't beat a big manly nose! I distrust men with pert small ones - in my experience they are tight fisted and childish. I swear it's a fact!
  • MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    Mine is an ok size but sort of sticks up like a ski jump at the end - I've always hated it.
  • singingcanadiansingingcanadian Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Yeh I have a big roman nose they used to call me concorde at school!
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,007
    Forum Member
    Too right! You can't beat a big manly nose! I distrust men with pert small ones - in my experience they are tight fisted and childish. I swear it's a fact!

Another vote for men with big noses! They add so much character.

Mine is kinda big, I definitely have the worst hooter in the family but it doesn't bother me at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I do actually being from a partly Jewish family. It's Roman too but not because it's been broke or anything - it just is that way, although I almost broke it with my knee once! :o

But as big as mine is, a lot of my relatives have far bigger, more bulbous noses.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My nose isn't huge but I do have a rather large bump on it. I used to hate it when I was younger but I'm not bothered at all by it now.
    Another reason for not having plastic surgery in your teens and twenties because as you get older you realise there's far more in life to worry about than the size of your ears/nose/breasts or whatever else you see as imperfections.

I love big noses on men, they do add character the face. I love Billy Bragg's nose, he's got a lovely hooter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've inherited my father's nose unfortunately...bulbus at the end and wide! The nose genes from my mother do soften it a bit though.