Options

Radio Times

BrightonelectriBrightonelectri Posts: 181
Forum Member
While waiting for a train at Amsterdam Central recently I was surprised to see the Radio Times (London and South edition) on sale in the station newsagent. A couple of German weekly TV guides also on sale. Does the BBC get any revenue from the cable companies which relay BBCI and BBC2 to many households in the Netherlands?

Comments

• Options
    TIVO_YORK99TIVO_YORK99 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    My mate who lives in Holland has to pay to receive the BBC channels as part of a package so I would assume some of that will go to the BBC.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they get the Christmas edition before parts of the UK? :D
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While waiting for a train at Amsterdam Central recently I was surprised to see the Radio Times (London and South edition) on sale in the station newsagent. A couple of German weekly TV guides also on sale. Does the BBC get any revenue from the cable companies which relay BBCI and BBC2 to many households in the Netherlands?

The BBC no longer own the Radio Times.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    The BBC no longer own the Radio Times.

The OP was on about revenue from Cable operators broadcasting BBC 1 and 2, not the sale of the radio times.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    There is indeed a deal with BBC Worldwide and the cable companies with regards the distribution of BBC One and Two in the Netherlands. BBC One and Two are also available to subscribers of Digitenne, the pay TV digital terrestrial service. The channels are certainly not being given away for free!