Virgin Media 'Tickles'

mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
Forum Member
I have just received a 'tickle' in the mail.

A sachet of 'posh' hot choclate and reduced non Virgin mobile calls for 10p a minute, same with some International calls but what's very good is also free 250 minutes of 0870 and 0845 numbers a month. And free 192. 0870 were included anyway but 0845 is a real boon for this household.

Very, very impressed. No requirement to start new contracts or the likes either. VM's phoneline seems very good value for me personally now.

Jolly good. I hope all you guys get a simlar letter.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    i was paying for the 250 minutes but now get it free
    also 118 180 now free
    https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-news/articles/Director118180.html
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Rob King wrote: »
    i was paying for the 250 minutes but now get it free
    also 118 180 now free
    https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-news/articles/Director118180.html

I'm not personally too bothered about 192, 0845 is a boon though. Very happy.

I hope everyone get's the same offer.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,323
    Forum Member
    mersey70 wrote: »
    VM's phoneline seems very good value for me personally now.

Jolly good. I hope all you guys get a simlar letter.

I also got free 250 minutes of 0870 and 0845 numbers a month.

This Talk Mobile for £10 is also good value if you use it.
    http://shop.virginmedia.com/phone/talk-mobile2.html

It is now a lot easier to find on Virgin Media's website.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only tickle i get from VM is the one in my throat when my bill arrives lol.
    Forum Member
    martine93 wrote: »
    I also got free 250 minutes of 0870 and 0845 numbers a month.

This Talk Mobile for £10 is also good value if you use it.
    http://shop.virginmedia.com/phone/talk-mobile2.html

It is now a lot easier to find on Virgin Media's website.

Sure, but all I was talking about is a free offer to Virgin customers.

We don't require advertising that's there for everyone to see.

We'll find that ourselves.
    Forum Member
    My partner has just noticed the chocolate contains hydrogenated fat though! Not as posh as I thought.

Tut tut! still a good deal though. Maybe not very Virgin sending that out though. Doubt the good Sir would approve!
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    Where is my Tick, after spending a fortune every month for XL Phone, 50MB Broadband and M(+) TV plus all the Phone and Broadband add ons on top?

I know that I get Anonymous Call Rejection Free instead of £2.55 a month, but I thought I can get something else as well,
    I know you are going to say that I am greedy
    But I have been with Virgin since they started, plus before that with Videotron, Cable and Wireless then NTL
    Forum Member
    Where is my Tick, after spending a fortune every month for XL Phone, 50MB Broadband and M(+) TV plus all the Phone and Broadband add ons on top?

I know that I get Anonymous Call Rejection Free instead of £2.55 a month, but I thought I can get something else as well,
    I know you are going to say that I am greedy
    But I have been with Virgin since they started, plus before that with Videotron, Cable and Wireless then NTL

Dont know how they choose customers to receive tickles.

I'm just pleased I have. I don't bother them like some people do that are always contacting them, I just pay my bill each month and never really pester them.

Not saying you do either, i'm just a loyal happy customer, pay my bill on time. I have no idea how they choose customers for offers. I'm very grateful they chose me though.

I'm extremely happy with my phone and BB services now.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that "tickles" were random upgrades to selected customers, not confirmation of something already included in their package :confused:

Post 105 of this thread appears to suggest otherwise:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=777093&page=5
    Forum Member
    I thought that "tickles" were random upgrades to selected customers, not confirmation of something already included in their package :confused:

Post 105 of this thread appears to suggest otherwise:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=777093&page=5

I got a mailing today, card and a chocolate sachet and that was my offer, 'tickle' as mentioned earlier.

What I was offered was mostly something I didn't have in my deal.

I was also required to contact VM, (virginmedia.com/ticklemyphone) but I chose to call.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like they are upgrading some customers, but trying to pad it out to make it look like some people are getting extra freebies, when, in fact, they are not.

They have tried to infer that the free directory enquiries is a tickle, when it's available to everybody.

In the post referred to above, they tried to tell the customer that the free inclusion of Sky Anytime to a TV XL customer was also a tickle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I was tickled yesterday............what a waste of money,they could have said that in an email press release...and put the money they'd saved in a pot to get sky atlantic....
    Forum Member
    It looks like they are upgrading some customers, but trying to pad it out to make it look like some people are getting extra freebies, when, in fact, they are not.

They have tried to infer that the free directory enquiries is a tickle, when it's available to everybody.

In the post referred to above, they tried to tell the customer that the free inclusion of Sky Anytime to a TV XL customer was also a tickle.

I have been offered 'freebies'.

Personally i'm made up to get 250 minutes of either 0845 or 0870 numbers, sure 0870 is included anyway depending on your package but 0845 is very welcome in this household.

I'm really pleased personally.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a card through the post today with a tickle.
    The card had a sachet of drinking chocolate on it and my tickle was,

talk mobile £2 add on (calls to mobiles for 10p a minute)
    talk international £2 add on (internation calls from 10p per minute)
    talk 08 £2 add on (250 minutes of 0845/0870 numbers for free)
    And the free direct enquiries.

Overall quite happy with it as i was considering adding the talk 08 anyway.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    The only tickle i get from VM is the one in my throat when my bill arrives lol.

LOL good comment :D
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    Had a card through the post today with a tickle.
    The card had a sachet of drinking chocolate on it and my tickle was,

talk mobile £2 add on (calls to mobiles for 10p a minute)
    talk international £2 add on (internation calls from 10p per minute)
    talk 08 £2 add on (250 minutes of 0845/0870 numbers for free)
    And the free direct enquiries.

Overall quite happy with it as i was considering adding the talk 08 anyway.

Same as me. Free 0845 calls are most welcome for this household. Let's face it 250 minutes of direct dialled 0845 calls would surely cost way more than £2?

Just noticed Music On demand is free on my package in December too.

Very kind VM!, it might come in useful over the hols.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst i'd be over the moon to receive a tickle, I think it's a dangerous game to play on the part of VM (it reminds me of the free Tivo competition, where only selected customers were able to take part).

Some customers will feel overlooked and undervalued and this could cause resentment.

A bit like the VIP areas in clubs, where this creates a two tier classification of customers, when, in effect, they should all be regarded as a VIP.
  • greeninfernogreeninferno Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Whilst i'd be over the moon to receive a tickle, I think it's a dangerous game to play on the part of VM (it reminds me of the free Tivo competition, where only selected customers were able to take part).

Some customers will feel overlooked and undervalued and this could cause resentment.

A bit like the VIP areas in clubs, where this creates a two tier classification of customers, when, in effect, they should all be regarded as a VIP.

no they shouldn't.

someone paying £100+ a month has every right to be "looked after" first.
  • Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no they shouldn't.

Good comment, as I have said else where VM continually ignore XL & VIP customers, good for all to get free MOD and extra channels for a month or so but it would be nice for XL & VIP to see something.
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who is forking out over £100 a month for VM services, I want more than a bloody tickle. I expect a massage and those fancy oils rubbed into me by Mr Branson himself. :p
  • Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As someone who is forking out over £100 a month for VM services, I want more than a bloody tickle. I expect a massage and those fancy oils rubbed into me by Mr Branson himself. :p

:):):)
    Not 100% percent sure about Mr Brason though, didn't he sell VM on?
  • ScottishwhiteScottishwhite Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get Sky Anytime, cos I have movies and sports............that ain't a tickle that's stating the obvious!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no they shouldn't.

ALL customers are important, but some are more important than others ;)

:D
    I get Sky Anytime, cos I have movies and sports............that ain't a tickle that's stating the obvious!!

That's what i'm saying, they are trying to make out some standard entitlements are tickles when they aren't.

Btw, has anyone noticed that i've corrected the thread title
    from "tickes" to "tickles". I had visions of VM customers going round with involuntary body movements! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    got our tickle last week, 250 minutes of 0845/0870 numbers for free.

thanks for nothing VM seeing as we deal with everything either online or in person why would we need this! not like they couldnt check if it was worthwhile being as they are my fexking phone company!

dont get me wrong, i like VM. they offer a good product for the money and i have allways found the CSteam most helpfull.

what i take exception to is these stupid waste of money promo's trying to apease customers who missed out on the Tivo 'freebie'.

they should save the money they spend with these mailings and reinvest it in areas that would actuallt benifit the costumer
  • novicenovice Posts: 3,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got emailed about our 0870 and 0845 tickle ... and I am pleased because the Inland Revenue only has that sort of number so I do need to call it occasionally. Now it's free!

Got a phone call today from Virgin to see if I was pleased so I said 'yes'. They wanted me to change to Virgin for my mobile too - and for £14.99 p.m. offered me 11,000 minutes (yes, really!!) a month (plus 500gb internet and a shedload of texts) and then said any family member could have the same deal ......

11,000 minutes?? I'd need to be on the phone for 6 hours a day!! :D

I didn't switch though.