Atmospheric games with good storylines

2»

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of good story driven games mentioned...

Assassins Creed series (Particularly the Ezio trilogy) Uncharted, Mafia II, Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Space, Batman.

One not mentioned that really surprised me was Medal of Honor, although its quite short I found the story, setting and atmospheric it created with the different types of squads covering each other worked quite well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed MoH's sp but as you said waaaay to short, didn't get on with the MP at all. Playing Rage at the mo, it's pretty good even better as I picked it up for a fiver.
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mafia II - probably thee best story driven, atmoaspheric game I've played this gen, or any gen come to that.

Beats Uncharted for story and atmosphere imo, far less emphasis on the action and more about the character and the era the game is set in.

Highly recommend Mafia II

beat me too it, i got the platinum on this game and the dlc, just love it finished the main game in two weeks

i loved the first one too on ps2
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    Haze is fantastic! :D

Now that's just mean. Shame on you. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Zeus wrote: »
    Which games on the PS3 emphasise atmosphere and a strong storyline? Are there any you would recommend which, irrespective of graphics quality or the level of action, really grip you, as a powerful novel or movie might?

It looks like you are spoilt for choice, lots of great games there. Let us know what you chose to go with.
    Enslaved gets a vote from me too.

Yes, yes, now there are two of us!
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tobajones wrote: »
    It looks like you are spoilt for choice, lots of great games there. Let us know what you chose to go with.

I've added most of them to my wishlist.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeus wrote: »
    Are there any you would recommend which, irrespective of graphics quality or the level of action, really grip you, as a powerful novel or movie might?

Journey