Emmerdale- festival

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
Forum Member
✭✭
Festival in october - it must be bloody freezing!!

Comments

• meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the proclaimers! how many of the kids there would know their songs. I don't and I'm in my 30s!
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    It was boring
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looked like the tamest most bland festival ever. Why do soaps sometimes just get it so wrong?
  • ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Festival in october - it must be bloody freezing!!

It wasn't filmed this week :p

Plus it has been warm this week, where I live.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Imonfire wrote: »

I don't know where you live but it was chilly today where I live in the south!
    Do you live in Scotland then?
  • ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    I don't know where you live but it was chilly today where I live in the south!
    Do you live in Scotland then?

No, not far out of Yorkshire. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imonfire wrote: »

I know it wasnt filmed this week. Was just saying it must be freezing to go to a festival in October.

Also it looked the most boring festival ever. The extras were rubbish and couldnt even act like they were enjoying it.
    Forum Member
    I know it wasnt filmed this week. Was just saying it must be freezing to go to a festival in October.

Also it looked the most boring festival ever. The extras were rubbish and couldnt even act like they were enjoying it.

I agree entirely.
    There didn't seem enough extras to be able to make a profit of £250K with every ticket sold! In real life there would be thousands attending.
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Has it finished yet:confused:? Is it safe for me to open my eyes again now:confused:?? I was literally cringing through every scene of the 'festival' :o:o:o!

It was soooo embarrassing to watch and the extras were about as convincing as the ones at Eileen's party in Corrie last week:o!
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I loved it. Eureka Machines were brill and who was that at the end? Looked a bit like Jarvis Cocker, great anyway.

Scouting for Girls going to be on too :cool:

I'm the only one enjoying this aren't I :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Eavis will be inconsolable.

Declan's stripped the man bare tonight.
    That's what you call a 'proper' festival Eavis, you bloody charlatan!
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did they green screen the audience?
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Eavis will be inconsolable.

Declan's stripped the man bare tonight.
    That's what you call a 'proper' festival Eavis, you bloody charlatan!

I know. He should have stuck to milking cows.:rolleyes:

:D:D:D
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering how much it would have cost to rig that lot up and pay the bands I think they did a pretty good job!
    Forum Member
    Has it finished yet:confused:? Is it safe for me to open my eyes again now:confused:?? I was literally cringing through every scene of the 'festival' :o:o:o!

It was soooo embarrassing to watch and the extras were about as convincing as the ones at Eileen's party in Corrie last week:o!

I agree Michelle. It was awful wasn't it? I hope it is finished.
  • Soap VillainSoap Villain Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I loved it. Eureka Machines were brill

Glad you noticed. Eureka Machines truly are brilliant, I'm a big fan of theirs so it was exciting for me to have a relatively unknown band getting good airtime!

I als like the Proclaimers, but could they possibly have chosen 2 more obvious songs for the show, and as for having Scouting For Girls HEADLINING, bloody hell it's the wrong way round!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodstock it wasn't.

What a truly shamblic show it has become.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,672
    Forum Member
    Didn't I read somewhere (on here, probably) that the plan had been to film the scenes at MFest in the grounds of Harewood House in July, but that got cancelled due to seriously bad weather? There would've been about 30,000 people there and lots of acts.

If this was plan B, they've done a not-too-bad job pulling something together on a limited budget at short notice as they were already committed to the storyline.

Although an outdoor festival in mid-October was always going to stretch the viewers' credulity.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    What a dreadful episode.
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would make sense that it was filmed at an existing festival, but as above many of these type events have been cancelled. I would also think they had to film the event well in advance to ensure decent weather etcp
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't I read somewhere (on here, probably) that the plan had been to film the scenes at MFest in the grounds of Harewood House in July, but that got cancelled due to seriously bad weather? There would've been about 30,000 people there and lots of acts.

If this was plan B, they've done a not-too-bad job pulling something together on a limited budget at short notice as they were already committed to the storyline.

Although an outdoor festival in mid-October was always going to stretch the viewers' credulity.

Yes that's exactly what happened. They then had to film their Plan B festival in August, so they really didn't have much time to put it together. I thought they did a pretty good job under those circumstances.
  • MrsP86MrsP86 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    My first thought watching it was 'have the producers ever even been to a festival!?' Thought it was awful, not realistic at all.
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they did a pretty reasonable job of portraying a music festival, as much as you could expect from a soap episode.

You're simply not going to get any top-line acts so they had to make the best use of those available.

Seen worse from real festivals...
  • MrsP86MrsP86 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    For me, it wasn't the acts that were the problem, it was the crowd. I've never seen such a polite and orderly crowd of festival goers lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    loved the computer spliced crowd sceans look carefully and you can see the same folk 10+ times, only about 200 crowd extras also liked the "unmistakeable" Ilkey Moor in the back ground to think Emmerdale is 53 miles from Leeds Home Farms Estates must spread far and wide.