The Walking Dead - Season 3 - 5* pace

Comments

• DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you who haven't quite got the message, Channel 5 is still showing TWD, but have moved it to Monday night at midnight, so for instance my Humax box will be still recording the series. It shows it as Tuesday 00.00.

Whether there is any guarantee that it won't be dropped completely I don't know, and the first showing will be on 5*. It may be safer for those of you with PVRs to change the recordings to 5* - you will then have recorded the programmes earlier than waiting for Channel 5.

This thread is of course set up to be a discussion at Channel 5 pace. I haven't checked to see if there is one for 5* pace, so if people have decided to watch on 5* please remember this when posting - more spoiler tags may be needed!
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought i was going mad when i tuned in last night and it wasnt on C5 just wall to wall BB. C5 have hardly advertised this season and have now moved it to 5* shocking treatment by them.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's strange that the first showing of new episodes of TWD is on 5* and not Channel 5. Channel 5 sadly only gets the repeat after it's aired on 5* tonight.

Anyway, good point made about spoiler tagging if watching first on 5* first since this thread is Ch5 Pace.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    No point spoiler tagging - better to request the title be changed.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Best to change the title if we have to, there are going to be lots watching on Sundays, and accidents will happen.
  • EmmaGxEmmaGx Posts: 31,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... Argh, to make matters even worse, C4 are stretching The Returned past the hour ... so now I'm missing the start of TWD ... *sighs*
    Forum Member
    Lori, you stupid, stupid woman. Jeez.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another excellent episode tonight. Full of thrills and spills, it doesn't let up. If it continues at this pace this is going to be a great season.
    Glad to see Hershel still alive, but how long for who knows? When he woke up i did expect to see his eyes change colour. Loved Rick and the gang v the prisoners. When Rick smashed the axe into the prisoner leader's head that was a brilliant moment! :D Knew he couldn't be trusted! He looked mental when he was hacking to death Big Tiny. Felt sorry for the remaining 2 who were left to fend for themselves.

Also liked the chat between Lori and Rick when she told him to do what he has to do to keep everyone safe and if that means he has to kill people then he can do it with a clear conscience. That was an interesting moment and then at the very end too between them.

Can't wait for next week's episode.
    EmmaGx wrote: »
    ... Argh, to make matters even worse, C4 are stretching The Returned past the hour ... so now I'm missing the start of TWD ... *sighs*

The Returned isn't usually a 1hr show. It always goes past the hour, but i see your point. It's annoying.
    Forum Member
    Changed the title - no need for tags now.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Another excellent episode tonight. Full of thrills and spills, it doesn't let up. If it continues at this pace this is going to be a great season.

]Glad to see Hershel still alive, but how long for who knows? When he woke up i did expect to see his eyes change colour. Loved Rick and the gang v the prisoners. When Rick smashed the axe into the prisoner leader's head that was a brilliant moment! :D Knew he couldn't be trusted! He looked mental when he was hacking to death Big Tiny. Felt sorry for the remaining 2 who were left to fend for themselves.

And the other guy who Rick shoved outside to fend for himself amongst the walkers :D
    Also liked the chat between Lori and Rick when she told him to do what he has to do to keep everyone safe and if that means he has to kill people then he can do it with a clear conscience. That was an interesting moment and then at the very end too between them.

Just when I thought he was going to soften a little towards her, he simply puts a hand on her shoulder and says thanks instead. I didn't take that to mean he had softened much at all :D

Yep, another great episode. God knows how long Hershel will continue to live for, although I don't see him lasting that long.

Was glad that the camera cut away just as Carol was about to cut into the dead (again :D) female walker. Good on her for having the courage to do that. I just hope it helps when it comes to delivering Lori's baby.
    Looking forward to the introduction of David Morrissey, who I assumed to be the one looking out the window on Lori and Rick having their quiet moment outisde

Roll on next Sunday!
  • EmmaGxEmmaGx Posts: 31,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Returned isn't usually a 1hr show. It always goes past the hour, but i see your point. It's annoying.
    ... aaaah ... don't think there's been anything I've wanted to watch after it yet, so guess I just didn't notice before! ... it really does bug me though when channels (particularly C4) randomly extend the length of a show by 5-10 mins! x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though the title of the thread has been changed from Ch5 Pace to 5* Pace, i do hope those who don't have 5* and watch TWD on Ch5 tonight still come into this thread and comment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Hi all. After watching Season 1 and 2 back to back Season 3 is nothing short of awesome. I have actually watched up to episode 9 and I won't say a word as I understand the hate for spoilers. Its so difficult avoiding them. Its cone to it where I'm more scared of coming across a spoiler than one of the walking dead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So did no one watch this on Ch5 tonight?
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So did no one watch this on Ch5 tonight?

I watched. It was a little gruesome.
  • mizfiestamizfiesta Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Jo09 wrote: »
    I watched. It was a little gruesome.

I seriously nearly jumped through the ceiling at the scene with Lori and Hershel. Don't want to say too much in case others haven't seen it yet.

I'll be perfectly honest though - thus far I'm not enjoying it as much as previous episodes. It is only a few episodes into the run so I may eat my words in time and I hope I do.

There's only so many times you can see a walker's head being pulped before it kinda gets a bit blaa.

I feel it could become like the emperors new clothes - there's always the danger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Keep watching. Like season 2, one or two episodes do feel a bit like ....so did anything happen during those 45 mins but trust me, keep watching.
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the whole message given out by Season 3 is that you have just as much to fear from the living as you do from the dead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be watching Ep3 on Monday night instead of tonight on 5*. Too much other stuff on tv i want to see so something's gotta give. For everyone else, enjoy tonight's episode.
    Forum Member
    Flamin Merl. :rolleyes:

David Morrissey too I see. he's got bad guy written all over him.

And I'm worried for
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Five have uploaded the wrong video on the 5Demand service. It's an episode of Once Upon A Time. Numpties!!:mad:
    Forum Member
    Easy mistake to make ;)
  • mizfiestamizfiesta Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I sometimes use subtitles on the tv, not because I'm deaf, but rather I find sometimes the actors on some programs 'mumble' their lines and the dialogue isn't very clear.

TWD on 5* doesn't give you an option to use subtitles - well at least not on my Humax Foxsat Freesat box. I wonder if tonights midnight showing on Channel 5 will have. I may record it again just to see if it does. I hate missing any lines from the actors!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Easy mistake to make ;)

I spotted the goof almost immediately. It was Rumplestiltskin that tipped me off.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mizfiesta wrote: »
    I sometimes use subtitles on the tv, not because I'm deaf, but rather I find sometimes the actors on some programs 'mumble' their lines and the dialogue isn't very clear.

TWD on 5* doesn't give you an option to use subtitles - well at least not on my Humax Foxsat Freesat box. I wonder if tonights midnight showing on Channel 5 will have. I may record it again just to see if it does. I hate missing any lines from the actors!

Found this thread in the forum dedicated to Freesat.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1847358

I don't know anything about Freesat so can't be of any more help, sorry. You may get more help if you ask in that Forum.:)

The last post in there was on the 11th, so it looks like it's a discussion about the problems you are having.

Ch5 & 5* on Sky HD have subs on their programmes.:p:D:D TWD on 5* and Ch5 have an ''S'' in the EPG data. So I assume they have subs? Will check tonight if you are still having problems.

Is Freeview an option?