Empty shop.

tosha43tosha43 Posts: 353
Forum Member
Does anyone know how I could find out who owns a empty shop unit, there is no estate agents boards on, but been empty for about 9 maths. Thanks

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Land registry website? Think it costs a couple of quid to find out who owns property through that...
  • varialectiovarialectio Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tosha43 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I could find out who owns a empty shop unit, there is no estate agents boards on, but been empty for about 9 maths. Thanks

You say it's a shop unit, so is it in a parade of shops or other mall-type thing? Chances are that they will all be owned or leased out by one company so ask in the adjacent ones.
  • tosha43tosha43 Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    You say it's a shop unit, so is it in a parade of shops or other mall-type thing? Chances are that they will all be owned or leased out by one company so ask in the adjacent ones.

its on a high street so no company owns all shops,i have asked shops either side they don't know.
  • TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    tosha43 wrote: »
    its on a high street so no company owns all shops,i have asked shops either side they don't know.

Check the planning portal for your local authority.

Shops usually have to ask for various permissions for signs or illuminated displays or security shutters. There may be a clue in there.

Otherwise. Pay the £3 to the land registry if it is really important to you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stick a letter through the letter-box saying that you're interested - unless of course there's a huge pile of mail on the floor.