[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Jon its not radio.

It's the internet.
  • Options
    Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being a Leicester City fan I would like to hear is thoughts on Coventry City's problems concerning their ground...:)
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon_Gaunt wrote: »
    Looking forward to all of my old fans on here listening to me on a fubar radio tomorrow from 10. Why don't you call in and discuss my broadcasting style to my face. Don't worry we call you back so it won't break your student grant or dole cheque.

If I had the choice mate, I'd be listening to my local Bbc station.

You remember the name?
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 hour and 6 minutes into his show..... and no callers.

Ha ha ha ha.

Hasbeen or never was?

Isn't that at least partly due to few people even having heard of the channel? Is it on the tv radio list?

EDIT: I've just NOW noticed it is actually on the internet.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Is Gaunt aware that he is not allowed to abuse people on here, as he does on Twitter etc?

His original first post yesterday was removed for referring to users of this thread as 'no marks', now he is trying to insult, antagonise and bait with the 'dole cheque' comment.

Stay classy.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Jon its not radio.

It's the internet.

It's internet radio.

And the clue's in the name, Fubar RADIO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    It's internet radio.

No, the clue is in the aptly named FUBAR -

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fubar
  • Options
    Harry_StevensHarry_Stevens Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Gaunt aware that he is not allowed to abuse people on here, as he does on Twitter etc?

His original first post yesterday was removed for referring to users of this thread as 'no marks', now he is trying to insult, antagonise and bait with the 'dole cheque' comment.

Stay classy.

Let's be fair surely if he's getting it in the ear then he as the right to reply. :confused::)
  • Options
    MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    Let's be fair surely if he's getting it in the ear then he as the right to reply. :confused::)

Within the terms of this particular site yes which was the point being made. See section 4.2.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not when he's up to his name-calling tricks.

As I said, yesterday he referred to those of us who are not fans of his, as 'no marks'. Which I assume is why DS removed it, there are forum rules here about disrespect. You'd think he'd be mindful of that, after TalkSport!

Today it's a sly dig about 'dole cheque', presumably because he thinks that everyone here who isn't one of his sycophants, is a dirty layabed benefit scrounging slob.
  • Options
    SM1978SM1978 Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to all of my old fans on here listening to me on a fubar radio tomorrow from 10. Why don't you call in and discuss my broadcasting style to my face. Don't worry we call you back so it won't break your student grant or dole cheque.

Awright Gaunty?

I'm unemployed at the moment, so could you please tell me why I am not entitled to free speech?

Many thanks.
  • Options
    MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member

As I said, yesterday he referred to those of us who are not fans of his, as 'no marks'. Which I assume is why DS removed it, there are forum rules here about disrespect. You'd think he'd be mindful of that, after TalkSport!

Today it's a sly dig about 'dole cheque', presumably because he thinks that everyone here who isn't one of his sycophants, is a dirty layabed benefit scrounging slob.

And my post with my opinion of the limitations of his broadcasting style on national radio followed up by a link to James Masterton's article which Harry replied to by quoting a section from on Jon's charity work has also been removed.

Don't see what right of reply has to do with it, they've been posts referring to people who criticise him in unflattering terms and a plug for his show.

That article has been posted here before, not difficult to find on Google search either.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some of us do have a job. Admittedly not a perfect job but it's a job!
  • Options
    VictorianVictorian Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Jon Gaunt was on BBC. London on the day of the terrible 7/7 bombings and handle things very well if I remember rightly.

For me, I prefer a presenter with a bit of a personality, good or bad, to the blandness that is present on so many stations.
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's soon to be doing a show from a telephone box. what if we don't listen jon ? you got anything planned for us ? he still can't work out why he is at the bottom of the radio heap and continues his snide remarks.
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got the feeling that Gaunt still believes the mantra that "all publicity is good publicity" despite his own experience to the contrary.
  • Options
    jon craigjon craig Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course he has the right of reply - that's what debate is all about, and I'm sure there are more than a few posters on here who would enjoy honest, open, constructive debate.

The thing is Harry, he (if it is him) has been onto this thread twice now and managed nothing more than name-calling. Quite sad and unimaginative really from one who considers himself to be such a fine broadcaster. Is that really the best he can do? Probably goes a long towards explaining why he no longer has a gig on 'proper' radio. When challenged, instead of winning over opponents through debate, and strength of argument, he just resorts to the same old swipes. Some many find it big and clever - I just find it boring and predictable.

I can safely say if I'm in the mood for some decent speech radio, I won't be heading to Fubar's website.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    It's internet radio.

Ohhhh!

I can tune in with my radio then?

No?

Hmm... :cry:
  • Options
    radioviewerradioviewer Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Will Councillor Stark be joining in you internet radio nazi? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Some of us do have a job. Admittedly not a perfect job but it's a job!

Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side!!!

What I meant was that it's Gaunt's view of anyone unemployed or on benefits, certainly not mine!
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if he still has a "Jag-war" and if so, whether he still brags about it.

Probably an ageing X-type these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »
    I wonder if he still has a "Jag-war" and if so, whether he still brags about it.

Probably an ageing X-type these days.

According to one of his recent tweets (I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread) he hasn't got it and he's 'skint'.
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to one of his recent tweets (I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread) he hasn't got it and he's 'skint'.

Perhaps his business acumen has let him down again with the t-shirt enterprise,
  • Options
    StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaunty is back !

Back on air, six days a week

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/aug/21/fubar-radio-katie-price-app-uk

At least they are free from Ofcom bollox
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaunty is back !

Back on air, six days a week

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/aug/21/fubar-radio-katie-price-app-uk

At least they are free from Ofcom bollox

Yep, but full of lots of other bollox, by the look of that line-up.