You know a soap's in trouble when...

SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
Forum Member
They have to have a big disaster to increase their ratings.
Eastenders was in a really bad way when they resorted to that ridiculous fairground disaster, and now
Coronation Street is going to have an accident at the prison, and Tyrone is going to fall off a building site.

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,174
    Forum Member
    It's time corrie was axed IMO
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You call that a big disaster?
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    No, it's just time for a new producer, that's all! Corrie will outlive us all!
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »

Here here. People won't watch it if they don't have to. I know how it feels to keep checking in on a soap to see if its got any better (*cough cough* axe Hollyoaks)
    Forum Member
    Here here. People won't watch it if they don't have to. I know how it feels to keep checking in on a soap to see if its got any better (*cough cough* axe Hollyoaks)

When Easties was bad, they still had strong actors. Corrie has one good actor in the guy who plays Roy. That's it.
    Forum Member
    When Easties was bad, they still had strong actors. Corrie has one good actor in the guy who plays Roy. That's it.

And now they've taken Haley off him, what will the future hold for him?
    Forum Member
    And now they've taken Haley off him, what will the future hold for him?

He shacks up with Norris?
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    No, it's just time for a new producer, that's all! Corrie will outlive us all!

I agree. Axe the producer :-)
    Forum Member
    He shacks up with Norris?

They are both so far deep in the closet, its about time they gave into each other's sexual aura
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they'd just give Maddie a hard hitting storyline the show could be saved :(

*Shakes fist* Damn you The Hat, DAMN YOU! >:(
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Big disasters, if planned properly can be excellent storylines. Everone says a soaps in trouble when they have one, yet I feel that way about constant affair storylines.

If they have some sort of long standing impact, (not just over in a week) they can be great!
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o Unlike you apparently Scrabbles, most of us don't tune in to a soap for an acting Masterclass, (such as can be found nightly in EE of course).:D

We tune in for good sls, good characterisation, some drama and some comedy.

Admittedly most of these are somewhat lacking in Corrie at the moment, but imo the likes of Chris Gascoyne, Alison King, Sally Dynevor, Patti Clare, Simon Gregson, Malcolm Hebden, Anne Kirkbride, Will I Am Roache, Paula Lane, Jack P Shepherd, Joe Duttine, Debbie Rush, Ian Puleston Davis, Jane Danson and quite a few others, all play their parts to the very best that the often poor scripts allow.

Acting ability is really really not Corrie's problem right now. :(
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is mostly fedora shaped...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    You call that a big disaster?

Agreed - surely a plane/tram crash is a big disaster, not the spoiler in the original post...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know a soap is in trouble when ... the soap in question has to pay a plant to come on here and tell us how good it is.

;-):):D:D
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Big disaster", how to exaggerate. How can someone collapsing in a prison count as that? Or falling through a ceiling?
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know a soap is in trouble when ... the soap in question has to pay a plant to come on here and tell us how good it is.

;-):):D:D
    Are you referring to new FM 'Aspidistra' or new FM 'Triffid'? :confused:

You better not mean me! They haven't paid me a penny yet! >:(
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When spunger, starts banging on about Cheese, Ham and Ratings.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Well, I wouldn't be too harsh on Corrie but they do need to sack Stuart Blackburn because his ideas for storylines are unrealistic.
  • Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

Admittedly most of these are somewhat lacking in Corrie at the moment, but imo the likes of Chris Gascoyne, Alison King, Sally Dynevor, Patti Clare, Simon Gregson, Malcolm Hebden, Anne Kirkbride, Will I Am Roache, Paula Lane, Jack P Shepherd, Joe Duttine, Debbie Rush, Ian Puleston Davis, Jane Danson and quite a few others, all play their parts to the very best that the often poor scripts allow.

Acting ability is really really not Corrie's problem right now. :(

I completely agree with this, I think there is some really great Actors on the show but they can only act what is written for them.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    as a child of a mixed marriage (corrie and easties) these threads irk me. I like them both. Blackburn is rubbish though and corrie is hard to watch at the moment like eastenders was last year. I'll be loyal to corrie as I was with easties.
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I'd be like Tyrone; have you seen the wallpaper in the bedroom?

Hideous, hideous, hideous.

Still at least the new studios have more than one interior bedroom set now, LOL!
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Slightly dramatic lol! :D
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Axe Blackburn but he can keep his hat
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I misread the front cover of Inside Soap. I thought the prison was going to cave in and injure Peter. It turns out he collapses as a result of his drinking!

However,
    Tyrone is involved in an accident on the building site.