Options

Another cock up on Eastenders

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »
    No, I'm still here, and I would be embarrassed if my spelling was as abysmal as yours!

I can see you're new to DS, so I'll fill you in on something as a friend. Please don't take it the wrong way, especially as I'll no doubt regret it in the morning. I seem to have found the bottom of a bottle of wine again. Anyway, I'm rambling on a bit...

It is generally accepted around here that you lose the argument when you start picking holes in people's spelling and grammar. :)

Seriously though mate, it doesn't matter if soaps happen to use the wrong times / dates for things like flights. No-one normally cares, because no-one can normally be arsed to look these things up.
  • Options
    werdna67werdna67 Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Another thing - Wellard is a bitch!
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    how sad!
    think you wanna get a life
  • Options
    werdna67werdna67 Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    And where did Chelsea's loaf appear from on Monday night? And Wellard is a bitch, female, lady etc.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,666
    Forum Member
    The person responsible that made this dreadful error should be fired. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I think the OP has a point actually. What if some poor sap felt the urge to fly from Stansted to Ibiza this Friday after seeing it on EastEnders, and was then extrememly disappointed to learn there were no flights at all and that the writers just made up the details of this flight for the sake of a storyline in a TV show!

Damn those EE writers, DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Quite clearly the OP does not know what a "cock-up" is... this is not a cock-up.

Jeez.

There are plenty of legitimate problems with EE atm (as with any show).... this is not one of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've also been known to take a felt marker into supermarkets, and amend the "6 items or less" to the gramatically correct "6 items or fewer".

No you haven't.
  • Options
    Steady40Steady40 Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll answer that question by telling you that when those road signs with a picture of queuing cars started appearing, with the caption "Queue's likely" (sic), I wrote to the Highways Agency pointing out the redundant apostrophe, and kept on at them until they changed them to the correct "Queues likely".

I've also been known to take a felt marker into supermarkets, and amend the "6 items or less" to the gramatically correct "6 items or fewer".

People can say it's all just a fictional soap opera, so details don't matter, but surely the whole point about a programme like this is that it should be as true to life as possible. Obviously they are going to use fictitious place names, brand names, etc., but when they are talking about events/places in the real world, they should take the trouble to get the facts correct. I remember a couple of years ago, they had scenes involving action in the betting shop, set on a day when there was no horse racing in Britain and all bookies would have been closed. How sloppy is that?

When people complained in eastenders that kids were going to school on Bank holiday may day, i understood that. (even though it was apparently tuesday in the show).

I even get that mickey wouldn't cheer and clap for Sean when sean hit him the other week, and broke his gate.

However the time for a plane ticket really is unimportant. I for one have no idea whether there is a flight to Ibiza on friday, but there is no reason why there wouldn't be one.

Why should scriptwriters research a detail like that. Do you suggest they research when Britain's got talent is back on, so they make sure hardly anyone is out, cos they're all watching it?

Do you expect people to go to Stanstead on Friday to see if Ronnie and Roxy are actually leaving
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I'm still here, and I would be embarrassed if my spelling was as abysmal as yours!

Yes of course, but your the sad little individual who moans and complains about everything.
    Oh there isnt actually plane tickets to Ibiza for Friday 30th
    GROW UP!!

Its not real, there is no Queen Vic and Peggy wears a wig.

Sorry if i've just ruined your life :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we better call ofcom and have a mass demonstration outside the BBC, this is outragous how dare they mislead us into thinking there are flights to ibiza on fridays this is proposterous, absolutely appaling, i am never watching eastenders again in my whole entire life. i have no sympathy towards the writers who are going to be mass beaten up in the streets becuase of this i am going to march right over there now and give the writers a smack in the face because they were so ignorant as to not look it up, how dare they, the scumbags that they are, how dare they mislead us into thinking there are flights to ibiza on fridays this is proposterous, absolutely appaling, we better call ofcom and have a mass demonstration outside the BBC disgraceful attitute to writing stories, absolute filth is all i can say this is absolutely disgusting and angering behavious, i have no sympathy towards the writers who are going to be mass beaten up in the streets becuase of this i am never watching eastenders again in my whole entire life. disgraceful attitute to writing stories, absolute filth is all i can say
    we better call ofcom and have a mass demonstration outside the BBC, this is outragous how dare they mislead us into thinking there are flights to ibiza on fridays this is proposterous, absolutely appaling, i am never watching eastenders again in my whole entire life. i have no sympathy towards the writers who are going to be mass beaten up in the streets becuase of this i am going to march right over there now and give the writers a smack in the face because they were so ignorant as to not look it up, how dare they, the scumbags that they are, how dare they mislead us into thinking there are flights to ibiza on fridays this is proposterous, absolutely appaling, we better call ofcom and have a mass demonstration outside the BBC disgraceful attitute to writing stories, absolute filth is all i can say this is absolutely disgusting and angering behavious, i have no sympathy towards the writers who are going to be mass beaten up in the streets becuase of this i am never watching eastenders again in my whole entire life. disgraceful attitute to writing stories, absolute filth is all i can say

LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2MILLWALL wrote: »
    LOL QUALITY:D

Also how old skool is Eastenders Ibiza is so 1990's it's all about malia or kos!!!

Well they are old club birds. :D :cool:
  • Options
    A CillayA Cillay Posts: 8,215
    Forum Member
    At the end of tonight's episode, when Stacey went upstairs in the Vic and found Roxy's travel tickets, you could clearly see they were for a flight from Stansted to Ibiza on Friday 30th May.

There are NO flights to Ibiza from Stansted this Friday. Once again the writers are too lazy to research their facts properly.

My initial reaction was: :eek: :D:confused: :rolleyes: :D :eek: :D :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate myself for even looking but from : http://www.spanish-airport-guide.com/stansted-to-ibiza.html

Easyjet operate several flights a day over the summer months departing from London Stansted every weekday Monday to Friday and on both Saturday and Sunday at the weekend.

Sorry bargepole but I wouldn't touch your theory with one!!;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just wondering, who was minding Oscar last night? :S
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steady40 wrote: »
    Do you expect people to go to Stanstead on Friday to see if Ronnie and Roxy are actually leaving

Well you never know...

:D
  • Options
    PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neomilan wrote: »

LOL

I may as well join in....will I be justified in reporting Neomilan to Ofcom for making my eyes go all funny with this post :confused::p:D

Apologies for quoting it all, but it wouldn't have had the same impact if I hadn't :o:D
  • Options
    glitta17glitta17 Posts: 2,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ee also made another mistake because stacey looked at their boarding passes and if they printed off boarding passes and if you print off boarding passes then you dont need to check in or check in luggage and if they were leaving then they would need to check bags in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever noticed how no-one in the Square (except Tanya) has a washing machine? :eek::p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know bit ridicoulous Ian should have one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glitta17 wrote: »
    I know bit ridicoulous Ian should have one!

He could easily convert Lucy into one. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha and have you noticed how people like Max have loads of money but never work
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    emmab1990 wrote: »
    I was just wondering, who was minding Oscar last night? :S

Call social services!!!! :mad:
  • Options
    robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg im gona have to stop watching eastenders now

i cant believe this.. why did they not research properly

those 3 seconds where i could see the incorrect date has runied the whole illusion of the show now.

shame on you deiderick.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    Call social services!!!! :mad:

Haha! i was just confused because Dot couldnt of been minding him because Dot was at the club and so was jack and obviously Tanya, so who the hell was supposed to be looking after oscar :confused: