Wills, last testament, hmmm

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am a journalist and author by profession, and so I befriended two brothers. We'll call them H and E.

Both are now dead, but the last guy standing left all his money and house went to the woman next door who used to give him a bowl of soup once a day.

We're talking about 800,000 pounds in his estate. Yet the last guy who died had a long lost lost nephew. I wanna trace him, and let him contest the will.

What ya think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's none of your business who he left his money to. Why are you going against his wishes? You looking for a story, by any chance?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    Why was the nephew so "long lost"? Did he not care enough about his uncle to visit?

If the uncle was of sound mind when he made his will then I don't see why you feel the need to get involved in it. If he wanted his neighbour to have his estate because of her daily kindness to him then that was his last wish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't bother. Nephew doesn't stand a chance. You can leave your money to whom you want, there is only cause to contest by someone who was actually financially dependant such as a child.

Knew of a woman who left all her money to the Local Authority. She had siblings but they didn't inherit. Her money, she could leave it to whom she wanted however crazy it sounds to a third party. In this case the sum involved was hundreds of thousands of pounds. The sums involved make no difference either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Relative tracing is only relevant when someone dies without a will. A Last Will is binding so there is nothing you can do.
  • That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    It's always good to see that the Fourth Estate has such high ethical values and would in no way cause anguish and grief to the people involved in order to further their principled stand against people being able to dispose of their assets in the way that they see fit... :rolleyes: (ooh, that's the first time I've ever felt justified in using that smiley)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a plot for a book or a real life situation? Either way, I'm not buying it!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously No offence but if you are for real . You really need to sort out your own life before meddling in someone else's .:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,095
    Forum Member
    Have you been at the vodka again Loose_Change!?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=896621
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    kizzie wrote: »
    Seriously No offence but if you are for real . You really need to sort out your own life before meddling in someone else's .:)

He starts some strange topics then usually doesn't return to them. He's either a troll or pretty messed up in the head.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Mind your own business, you crank!
  • redfrogredfrog Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    ...left all his money and house went to the woman next door who used to give him a bowl of soup once a day.
    How do you know that is all she gave him?
  • Miriams SisterMiriams Sister Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    The answer to all your problems are in your Thread in Chatter. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=896621