Whose Line is it Anyway.....

13»

Comments

• TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puffle wrote: »
    I loved this programme the first time round and I'm really enjoying the repeats - used to have a bit of a crush on Richard Ranch (or whatever his name was - the guy who played the piano)

Greg proops was so funny, as were Josie Lawrence, Caroline Quentin, Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie
    it was Richard Vranch of the Comedy Store who did the improv music he is now part of improv storytellers The Yarmbirds
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this show - and am really enjoying the repeats on Dave. Mike McShane and Greg Proops were my faves.
  • JingoJingo Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    This show certainly needs a revival.

If anyone is ever in London I would recommend the Improv night at the Comedy Store (Wednesdays and Sundays). I went last September - Josie Lawrence, Stephen Frost and Richard Vranch were all performing. Superb entertainment and great to see them.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jingo wrote: »
    This show certainly needs a revival.

If anyone is ever in London I would recommend the Improv night at the Comedy Store (Wednesdays and Sundays). I went last September - Josie Lawrence, Stephen Frost and Richard Vranch were all performing. Superb entertainment and great to see them.

Couldnt agree more the Comedy Store's improv nights are legendary
  • PicklishPicklish Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching these on Dave now and heard the radio one on BBC7 today and had forgotten how class they are. I never used to miss an episode and had to do a search to see if I was alone...it seems not!

I remember Ryan Stiles used to make me laugh and he did again today as it is long enough ago for me not to remember them all. I have literally laughed out loud all day to this show...great stuff.

Not sure if todays acts could do it but I'd like to see them try. Always amazed me how they could do it off the cuff, especially the songs, and introduced me to the lovely Josie Lawrence and great Tony Slattery.

Great nostalgia.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While watching an episode of "Mock The Week" this week on Dave.Greg Proops was 1 of the contestants.
  • PicklishPicklish Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read through the whole thread now and we all seem to agree on who we liked the best. So I am surprised no one has mentioned John Sessions as he was a regular. I must admit he was on the BBC7 show today and whilst he makes me laugh he did tend to take over a bit?

Am I right in remembering the guy in the last chair was usually the regular (a bit like Clement fraud/Willie Rushton, etc on 'Just Minute) and it was John Sessions at first and then Tony?
    I love TS....read alot about his illness and would love to see him in more. There are a few shows on BBC7 thatthey repeat alot that have Stephen Frost and his comedy partner in whose name escapes me, Jim something, :o and Josie Lawrence amongst others on WLIIA and I really enjoy the nostalgia of them.

I think Josie was my favourite, mind you there weren't many women on I remember. Sandy Tosvig is great in other shows, but I remember I never really liked her on this show. (Unless I am muddling my shows up).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was John Sessions in the early episodes of WLIIA?

I'm not too sure when in the series Dave has started showing them from.From the episodes that i have seen so far (I did stop watching it for a while because they kept repeating the ones they had already shown.)I haven't seen any feature Paul Merton.I did see an episode with Eddie Izzard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mock the week is made by Dab patterson as well as WLIIA and the format is completely the same!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    If anyone has Virgin the 4 on demand section has series 5 6 7 8 and 9 and did have 1 2 3 and 4!!

I wish they would re-make it mainly with the same cast ryan, colin, greg and josie were excellent.......also stephen fry doing a ho down was very amusing!
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    did anyone see it last night it was a clip show of the funniest bits and Ryan Stiles (the tall guy) said something like I love my grandma, I hate it when it ends, then i found out we were more than friends, he just stopped and looked down, i was crying for about 10 minutes after.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed just now on the Dave channel they are showing the first ever episode & straight after it they are showing episode 2.According to the top left of the screen it's new to Dave.

I stopped watching the episodes that Dave were showing because it was just episodes that the channel had already shown.But if they are showing episodes now from the very start i'll tune in again.
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's great news if Dave are showing new episodes - at least, new to Dave - I was too young to see it when it was originally on, so seeing it on Dave is pretty much the only chance I'll get.

I always thought Steve Frost was the best one, though I loved Ryan, Colin, Greg and Tony as well.