Fit a zip for next time.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll miss her bump pictures.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must say I have never heard of having too strong stomach muscles. That's a new one on me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must say I have never heard of having too strong stomach muscles. That's a new one on me.

It's not that her stomach muscles are too strong for her to deliver a baby; it's that her particular baby is in the wrong position for a natural birth and they can't turn it from the outside because of her stomach muscles.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MEW TOWN wrote: »
    I would have though that her "lady doors" would have been as loose and baggy as Gene Autry's saddle bags with the "celebrity" workouts they've had. :D

Just snorted coffee down my nose :D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks a c-section is the easy option has never had major abdominal surgery. It's a struggle to do anything for days and weeks afterwards, and I'm only talking about getting yourself out of bed to go to the bathroom and get back into bed. Absolutely exhausting - you don't realise how much you need your abs to move about until you can't use them. I can't even imagine having a baby to look after as well as recovering from surgery.

I totally agree, my first son was an emergency c-section as he was undiagnosed breech. Couldnt drive or do anything for weeks and as a result struggled to bond with him and developed PND. With my 2nd son i was asked if i wanted to try a vaginal birth and told i would have to be closely monitored in case of rupturing, i really wanted to avoid another c-section. I was in labour for 25hrs and had to have the ventouse but still preferred that birth to the c-section!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Never heard of her. Does anyone really care about here belly other than whoever she is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks a c-section is the easy option has never had major abdominal surgery. It's a struggle to do anything for days and weeks afterwards, and I'm only talking about getting yourself out of bed to go to the bathroom and get back into bed. Absolutely exhausting - you don't realise how much you need your abs to move about until you can't use them. I can't even imagine having a baby to look after as well as recovering from surgery.

^^ This. From the only sensible one on here
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ This. From the only sensible one on here

But, those that are to posh to push have maternty nurses and servants. They just lie there with their mobiles in comfort without having to do a thing for their babies.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda_Ball wrote: »
    Never heard of her. Does anyone really care about here belly other than whoever she is.

It seems odd to post on a thread about someone you've never heard of. Why would you bother?
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    But, those that are to posh to push have maternty nurses and servants. They just lie there with their mobiles in comfort without having to do a thing for their babies.

I know... I cant move in my house without falling over wet nurses and butlers
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know... I cant move in my house without falling over wet nurses and butlers

But, were you to posh to push or a ordinary Mum who would liked to push but was not able to for whatever reason?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Shes booked in for a c section this week because her baby is breech and doctors say her stomach muscles are too strong. So the baby will not be able to turn.]

You do not need to have a c-section to give birth to a breech baby.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do not need to have a c-section to give birth to a breech baby.

Not quite sure of your reasoning there.....:D

If your baby is breech, you have to have a C-section.
    Standard practice in the NHS these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not quite sure of your reasoning there.....:D

If your baby is breech, you have to have a C-section.
    Standard practice in the NHS these days.

I gave birth to twins naturally and one was a breech. Maybe it is standard practice nowadays but unless there is something life threatening then there is no need for a c-section.
    I had a cyst removed on my scalp back in November and I am still getting pain from it as I think when the doctor cut into the cyst they severed a nerve. To be honest I had less discomfort giving birth afterwards than I have had since I had the cyst removed from my scalp.
    Having never had a c-section I should imagine there would be a lot of discomfort afterwards and like what had happened with my scalp a nerve being severed the same i would persume could happen with having a section?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave birth to twins naturally and one was a breech. Maybe it is standard practice nowadays but unless there is something life threatening then there is no need for a c-section.
    I had a cyst removed on my scalp back in November and I am still getting pain from it as I think when the doctor cut into the cyst they severed a nerve. To be honest I had less discomfort giving birth afterwards than I have had since I had the cyst removed from my scalp.
    Having never had a c-section I should imagine there would be a lot of discomfort afterwards and like what had happened with my scalp a nerve being severed the same i would persume could happen with having a section?

My daughter's baby's due this week, and she's been told by her midwife that c-sections are standard practice these days, for breech presentations so I'm speaking from her own experience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My daughter's baby's due this week, and she's been told by her midwife that c-sections are standard practice these days, for breech presentations so I'm speaking from her own experience.

Yes I have heard that. I am talking twenty six years ago though I wanted a natural birth I had to have an epidural which I really did not want but it was just in case anything went wrong.
    A c-section just never appealed to me and I did state that I wanted to have a natural birth. I just never fancied having my stomach cut open as a c-section is a major operation and I do feel that too many of these operations are performed when they don't really need to be. that's just my opinion.
    Hope everything goes well for your daughter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have heard that. I am talking twenty six years ago though I wanted a natural birth I had to have an epidural which I really did not want but it was just in case anything went wrong.
    A c-section just never appealed to me and I did state that I wanted to have a natural birth. I just never fancied having my stomach cut open as a c-section is a major operation and I do feel that too many of these operations are performed when they don't really need to be. that's just my opinion.
    Hope everything goes well for your daughter.

I had a breech birth 38 years ago and had no choice but to give birth normally as it wasn't standard in those days to give a caesarian for a breech. It's just as well my daughter wasn't a huge baby. I was a breech birth too in 1955 - again, no caesarians then.
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    But, were you to posh to push or a ordinary Mum who would liked to push but was not able to for whatever reason?

I dont know of anybody too posh to push... and lets face it whats posh about a huge scar and damaged tissue. Its a terrible phrase and cant think why or who it was invented for.

To answer question I had two emergency c-sections. Not through choice, as I dont see how anybody would makie a choice like that, or be allowed to as its such a drain on the NHS
    Forum Member
    I had a breech birth 38 years ago and had no choice but to give birth normally as it wasn't standard in those days to give a caesarian for a breech. It's just as well my daughter wasn't a huge baby. I was a breech birth too in 1955 - again, no caesarians then.

That aint true, Caesarians were in fact named after Caesar.. which is how he was born. My mother also had one in 1964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know of anybody too posh to push... and lets face it whats posh about a huge scar and damaged tissue. Its a terrible phrase and cant think why or who it was invented for.

To answer question I had two emergency c-sections. Not through choice, as I dont see how anybody would makie a choice like that, or be allowed to as its such a drain on the NHS

That's why I can't understand when you hear about people choosing an elective c-section yours was for emergency like you say not through choice.
    As I have had back trouble since having had my pregnancy twenty six years ago and it seems to be down to having weak muscles in my stomach.
    I shudder to imagine what I would have been like if they had had to do a c-section and cut through some tummy muscles my back probably would be a whole lot worse.
    Thats what I can't understand about this thread how you can have such strong tummy muscles that you can't give birth natural. I don't half envy this woman having strong tummy muscles as she won't have any back trouble.
    Forum Member
    Thats what I can't understand about this thread how you can have such strong tummy muscles that you can't give birth natural. I don't half envy this woman having strong tummy muscles as she won't have any back trouble.

I dont think its got anything to do with the stomach muscles, thats just the way Imogen interprets it cause shes thick. I think the real reason will be as said the baby is breech
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That aint true, Caesarians were in fact named after Caesar.. which is how he was born. My mother also had one in 1964

The Caesar being born by C section is a myth as far as I know.

Just checked on Wikipedia, and apparently C sections were around in Roman times but were used to remove the baby from a moher's womb after the mother had died attempting child birth.
    Forum Member
    lesleyanne wrote: »
    The Caesar being born by C section is a myth as far as I know.

Just checked on Wikipedia, and apparently C sections were around in Roman times but were used to remove the baby from a moher's womb after the mother had died attempting child birth.

So they would have been invented by 1955 then
    :D
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I dont think its got anything to do with the stomach muscles, thats just the way Imogen interprets it cause shes thick. I think the real reason will be as said the baby is breech

I would imagine the stomach muscle mention is about attempting external cephalic version. This is where the obstetrician attempts to turn the baby from the outside through the abdomen. (As the midwife did in CTM this week) The problem with this is its very difficult to do if the mother has strong tummy muscles.

On a mother nature note, breech babies are usually breech for a reason, Usually a case of CPD where the baby will not fit through the pelvis head first so mother nature decides to not turn baby. Obviously not realising the implications.

When I was practising as a midwife in the mid 90's it wasn't routine to section all breech babies, most parents were given a choice, as generally a vaginal birth is safer for mother.
    However with the shortage of midwives/obstetricians it would be deemed too risky in this litigation strewn world.
    The sad thing is, if not used the skill to deliver a breech baby vaginally will be lost