Options

Buying too many books!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Beady Eye 2013Beady Eye 2013 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    My friends bedroom and lading is crammed with hundreds of books and she has read them all twice over. It takes me a weeks and her a day to read the same book.
  • Options
    girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too have this problem. I bought a large bookcase a year ago which is now double layered and crammed without an inch of space between books. Also instead of ornaments on my units, neatly piled books are mostly the 'decoration'.

I bought a Kindle a long while back for portable reading and hoping to halt my collection where it was, I genuinely love reading on that little device, I do. But despite it, if I wander into a charity shop and spy a copy of one of my loved kindle books... into the collection it goes. Yep - I buy the book twice!!!

I wonder if there is actually a name for out of control book hoarders? :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an ebook problem, definitely! I have about 70 on my too read list, but I love going on Amazon and browsing the book charts, looking at the bestsellers, the new releases and updating my wishlist. Especially if they have a sale on or any of the books on my wishlist have really come down in price. I bought a few Christmas books the other day, purely to put in my Christmas collection. They were either free or under £2 and I just couldn't resist.
  • Options
    ReddybookReddybook Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I,:eek: too, have a problem with about sixty on my Kindle, and piles of unread paperbacks, untidily, cluttering up my bookcase.
    I regularly borrow from the library, despite browsing and buying in charity shops, so I'm not very organised.
    I have vague idea, that I'll read one book off my kindle, one from my bookcase, then one from the library, and so on, very regimented and BUY NO MORE BOOKS, for a while