Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 42)

Comments

• Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    I feel Shinji is either going to have to bide his time on the bench and play better than Rooney when he gets the chances or be more versatile and get better playing on the wing. Footballers should be versatile.

kagawa won't succeed playing on the wing at united unless the system/style of play at united changes to a more narrow possession oriented style. if you are asking kagawa to run up and down the touchline putting crosses in and getting back to help the full back, well he just is not that type of player, he is lightweight and doesn't have the pace to get up and down the touchline like that. kagawa is a bit of a spare part that doesn't really fit anywhere in the united squad, he has 2 players ahead of him in the behind the striker role and i think he'll continue to struggle in a wide role for the above reasons. in my opinion this time next season he'll be back at dortmund...
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't t personally have Young in the side, I would use Valencia or Zaha ahead of him, and also are you playing Kagawa on the wing in that formation? As that is just not his most natural position.
    I would swap him and Rooney around in that line up.

Your obsession with Kagawa is a little silly, as is suggesting that Zaha is already in our top XI.

If Rooney and RVP were fit Kagawa wouldnt be in the first XI and he isnt a first choice winger because he isnt a winger nor a midfielder the way we play.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kagawa won't succeed playing on the wing at united unless the system/style of play at united changes to a more narrow possession oriented style. if you are asking kagawa to run up and down the touchline putting crosses in and getting back to help the full back, well he just is not that type of player, he is lightweight and doesn't have the pace to get up and down the touchline like that. kagawa is a bit of a spare part that doesn't really fit anywhere in the united squad, he has 2 players ahead of him in the behind the striker role and i think he'll continue to struggle in a wide role for the above reasons. in my opinion this time next season he'll be back at dortmund...

I would agree. The more i think about it I have my doubts about him playing behind one striker as well. Im not sure what SAFs plan was for him but i suspect it was blown out of the water when he realised he could get RVP. Shame as he looked absolute class at Dortmund. The player in a red shirt last season we could take or leave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Moyes talking absolute s***e about the price for Fellaini. It really pi$$es me off the way he assumes we are stupid.
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I would agree. The more i think about it I have my doubts about him playing behind one striker as well. Im not sure what SAFs plan was for him but i suspect it was blown out of the water when he realised he could get RVP. Shame as he looked absolute class at Dortmund. The player in a red shirt last season we could take or leave.

yep, sir alex did say after we signed rvp that he didn't think we would get him, perhaps the plan was to play kagawa behind rooney, then rvp joined and kagawa became the spare part. i loved watching kagawa at dortmund, if he doesn't establish himself at united then i hope he goes back there, klopp said recently that he would take him back...
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't t personally have Young in the side, I would use Valencia or Zaha ahead of him, and also are you playing Kagawa on the wing in that formation? As that is just not his most natural position.
    I would swap him and Rooney around in that line up.

you would swap kagawa from the wing because its not his most natural position but move rooney there instead?

The rooney that always performs miles better when played in his natural position......as a forward?
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep, sir alex did say after we signed rvp that he didn't think we would get him, perhaps the plan was to play kagawa behind rooney, then rvp joined and kagawa became the spare part. i loved watching kagawa at dortmund, if he doesn't establish himself at united then i hope he goes back there, klopp said recently that he would take him back...

Now you mention it I think you might be onto something with Kagawa & RVP. I think you're also right about him heading back to Dortmund if he doesn't establish himself this season. Neither he or Rooney or wingers either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ive said all along that the plan was kagawa behind rooney. But then rvp becomes available and you cant not go for him. Unfortunately it threw out the plans for kagawa
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Now you mention it I think you might be onto something with Kagawa & RVP. I think you're also right about him heading back to Dortmund if he doesn't establish himself this season. Neither he or Rooney or wingers either.
    ive said all along that the plan was kagawa behind rooney. But then rvp becomes available and you cant not go for him. Unfortunately it threw out the plans for kagawa

Yeah we've had the discussion a couple of times and i think thats probably the way it was. Kagawa deserves a fair chance to prove himself in his natural position which i feel is probably AM with more than one player ahead of him, but off the striker also as a more realistic possibility given how we tend to play.

There is no way that as things stands with our first team squad he can really be in our first choice XI based on his performances for us so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hacked off with the last statement from Moyes.

The "excuse" for paying what we did for Fellaini is that we were bidding for both him and Baines as we had a better chance of doing a double deal.

Makes sense.

If we signed one, then the money Everton got could have been used to rebuff the bid for the other. Makes sense. You bid for both at the same time and it solves the problem. Great.

However where it falls down is when you then ask why the bid for both was half a million quid short of what you ended up paying for one. If you are prepared to go to £27.5m for Fellaini on what planet do you think £28m gets both?

The opening bid on that basis should have been £40m-£42m if the aim was to ACTUALLY sign both.

Stop talking bollocks Moyes, we arent stupid.
  • Options
    law10law10 Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score predictions for tomorrow, folks?

I can't see Palace putting up much of a fight, though they'll turn a good few sides over at Selhurst this year.

5-0.
  • Options
    shoesgirlshoesgirl Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    law10 wrote: »
    Score predictions for tomorrow, folks?

I can't see Palace putting up much of a fight, though they'll turn a good few sides over at Selhurst this year.

5-0.

Oh I hope so, my son has just left home to go to University up there, as a present for doing so well in his A-levels we got him a season ticket.
    Tomorrow will be his first home game so it would be fab if a few goals go in and make it memorable for him :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shoesgirl wrote: »
    Oh I hope so, my son has just left home to go to University up there, as a present for doing so well in his A-levels we got him a season ticket.
    Tomorrow will be his first home game so it would be fab if a few goals go in and make it memorable for him :D

Discounting the fact that im over 30, any chance you could adopt me? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Discounting the fact that im over 30, any chance you could adopt me? :D

Funny you should say that, I had a similar response from the ticket office guy when I purchased it - only he offered to come and do my ironing in return :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24087675

Fellaini wants to emulate keane
    The manager must decide where I play but I want to play defensive midfield

Would free carrick up to be more creative at least
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Funny you should say that, I had a similar response from the ticket office guy when I purchased it - only he offered to come and do my ironing in return :D

I couldnt possibly get involved in a bidding war, who knows what services could be offered! :D

Its just such a great thing to give someone going to Uni! Absolutely no practical relevance to his course but i bet its the best gift he will EVER get! Well played.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24087675

Fellaini wants to emulate keane

Would free carrick up to be more creative at least

Im hoping there is some plan here. It would make sense if we could have a scenario where there is a way of playing Fellaini, allowing Carrick to play and have Kagawa in his proper role.

I cant pretend im convinced that there is blueprint somewhere in Moyes Towers for these players though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I couldnt possibly get involved in a bidding war, who knows what services could be offered! :D

Its just such a great thing to give someone going to Uni! Absolutely no practical relevance to his course but i bet its the best gift he will EVER get! Well played.

Well he is doing a degree in Sports Science - so maybe it's got some relevance to his course :)
    He's so excited about it - but he knows nobody up there, I hope he has a seat next to someone vaguely friendly.
    I'm originally from Manchester but have lived down south for 20 odd years, as a youngster I used to go to as many home games as I could so it's nice to be able to give my son the opportunity now.
    Providing he carries on doing well with his studies we've agreed to buy his season ticket all through Uni - hopefully the carrot and stick approach will be successful :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well he is doing a degree in Sports Science - so maybe it's got some relevance to his course :)
    He's so excited about it - but he knows nobody up there, I hope he has a seat next to someone vaguely friendly.
    I'm originally from Manchester but have lived down south for 20 odd years, as a youngster I used to go to as many home games as I could so it's nice to be able to give my son the opportunity now.
    Providing he carries on doing well with his studies we've agreed to buy his season ticket all through Uni - hopefully the carrot and stick approach will be successful :D

Sounds great. Personally my folks we always similar to you when i was in school etc and it worked. "You've done well, you deserve this....".

Bottom line its a really cool gift!
  • Options
    Mr MacMr Mac Posts: 262
    Forum Member

But that's no excuse really.

If you had two Rooneys in the team you wouldn't only play one on the basis of having RVP. Given how absolutely special our wingers have been for the last year I cannot understand why we persist with playing two of the gits all the time.

IMO it should be
    De Gea
    Rafael - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra
    Carrick - Fellaini
    Young - Rooney - Kagawa
    RVP
  • Options
    law10law10 Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards, Mr Mac. Been enjoying your posts over the last week. Nice to have a bit of fresh blood in the thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sounds great. Personally my folks we always similar to you when i was in school etc and it worked. "You've done well, you deserve this....".

Bottom line its a really cool gift!

I hope you are right, and it does work - but then where sport is concerned, (especially football) he doesn't need much encouragement to do well because he loves it.
    He's already an FA level 2 qualified coach and he's working on other FA badges. His career aim is to go into coaching or possibly if he's good enough management at some future stage.
    Once he's settled in he's going to look for a local to Manchester team (obviously he won't be applying to Old Trafford just yet :D) who will take him on as a volunteer.
    It all seems such a bear pit though that I do worry how he'll get on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope you are right, and it does work - but then where sport is concerned, (especially football) he doesn't need much encouragement to do well because he loves it.
    He's already an FA level 2 qualified coach and he's working on other FA badges. His career aim is to go into coaching or possibly if he's good enough management at some future stage.
    Once he's settled in he's going to look for a local to Manchester team (obviously he won't be applying to Old Trafford just yet :D) who will take him on as a volunteer.
    It all seems such a bear pit though that I do worry how he'll get on.

You gotta be in it to win it as they say.

Mourinho was Bobby Robsons translator, he didnt do too bad......

All the best to him :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mr Mac wrote: »
    But that's no excuse really.

If you had two Rooneys in the team you wouldn't only play one on the basis of having RVP. Given how absolutely special our wingers have been for the last year I cannot understand why we persist with playing two of the gits all the time.

IMO it should be
    De Gea
    Rafael - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra
    Carrick - Fellaini
    Young - Rooney - Kagawa
    RVP

Young Rooney and Kagawa need to be totally interchangeable and fluid.

Both Rooney and Kagawa know that they arent wingers and Young needs to know that he is most effective coming off the wing.

Could be epic but im not convinced we will see it.
  • Options
    Mr MacMr Mac Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    law10 wrote: »
    Welcome to the boards, Mr Mac. .
    ta
    Young Rooney and Kagawa need to be totally interchangeable and fluid.

Both Rooney and Kagawa know that they arent wingers and Young needs to know that he is most effective coming off the wing.

Could be epic but im not convinced we will see it.

I think we should forget the word 'wingers' for a bit altogether. I'm sure once upon a time players could play wide but not be 'wingers'. We need to recapture this time.

I think each of Young, Kagawa and Rooney are positionally interchangeable in the formation. Nani should be, but we know isn't. Zaha one day might be. The width down the flanks would be provided by the full-backs - as it is now -with the AM MF3 playing more centrally but with obviously one or more at any time being closer to the touchline than the others to provide width if need be. But if you ask me the pinnacle is tight, controlled, narrow passing.
This discussion has been closed.