Options

Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    saladcream wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice the life insurance letter said 500,000 then in the next episode recap,it was 2,000,000!

Wtf?

I noticed that too!

Also, Darren is Joe's brother, the latter who hooked up with Nancy. I guess its another one of Hollyoaks keeping it in the family.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully bk see the potential in Martha and keeps her.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I like to see Sienna open up about her past being raised by Patrick. Imagine Sienna talked about her childhood with Tom either by he tricks her or she feels very bad about kidnapping Tom starts opening up why she is damged.

Tom plays along with Sienna make her think she on her side, start by getting along with her, asking her questions about her childhood to discover a weak piont in Sienna he can use anainst her make Sienna feel bad about herself to let him go or to turn herself in.
  • Options
    *Baby*Blue**Baby*Blue* Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else notice the life insurance letter said 500,000 then in the next episode recap,it was 2,000,000!

Wtf?

I also noticed this too! :eek: Was it a genuine mistake or is there something else going on here?

Or I wonder if Hollyoaks filmed two different scenarios and the editor has accidentally put the £2,000,000 on the re-cap episode?
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did barney leave???

Yep, he left a few months ago. Not a huge loss if I'm honest.
  • Options
    saladcreamsaladcream Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also noticed this too! :eek: Was it a genuine mistake or is there something else going on here?

Or I wonder if Hollyoaks filmed two different scenarios and the editor has accidentally put the £2,000,000 on the re-cap episode?

I reckon it was supossed to be 2 million.. They got it wrong on the first episode. Mercedes wouldn't give cindy half.. She is too devious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty obvious what has happened: the insurance is supposed to be £2million, but Mercedes told Cindy it was £500,000 so Cindy would only get a small percentage of the actual cut. It is definitely something Mercedes would do.

Also in terms of the hostages that Will could harm, Martha seems to be the obvious one, but I'm wondering if Will actually ends up killing Sienna. Her death would hurt Dodger most, and I still think that the police are after Sienna as well for kidnapping Tom, and she ironically ends up being shot by her own weapon.
  • Options
    RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,171
    Forum Member
    npd6900 wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious what has happened: the insurance is supposed to be £2million, but Mercedes told Cindy it was £500,000 so Cindy would only get a small percentage of the actual cut. It is definitely something Mercedes would do.

Also in terms of the hostages that Will could harm, Martha seems to be the obvious one, but I'm wondering if Will actually ends up killing Sienna. Her death would hurt Dodger most, and I still think that the police are after Sienna as well for kidnapping Tom, and she ironically ends up being shot by her own weapon.

And if he does, then (assuming Sienna still has him locked up) what happens to Tom?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But on Thursday's episode, we saw £500,000 written on the paper?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But on Thursday's episode, we saw £500,000 written on the paper?

That's what I thought, too.
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    I had a look on catch up, during the episode (the first time we see it) it does say £500,000, then in the previously in the next episode it says £2,000,000.

Maybe they were meant to have Mercedes lie to Cindy about it, but whoever wrote up the paper thought it was meant to be £500,000, then after filming that take they realised it was wrong and rewrote the paper for £2 million, but when in editing they used the wrong take?

I could see Cindy and Mercedes getting away with it for £500,000, but not for £2 million.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Reo wrote: »
    I had a look on catch up, during the episode (the first time we see it) it does say £500,000, then in the previously in the next episode it says £2,000,000.

Maybe they were meant to have Mercedes lie to Cindy about it, but whoever wrote up the paper thought it was meant to be £500,000, then after filming that take they realised it was wrong and rewrote the paper for £2 million, but when in editing they used the wrong take?

I could see Cindy and Mercedes getting away with it for £500,000, but not for £2 million.

I find it very hard to believe that Shirley could get £2,000,000 life insurance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cindy had money before, it didn't suit her.
    I can't see this working out, mainly because I don't know what they'd do with Mercedes if she successfully got the money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cindy had money before, it didn't suit her.
    I can't see this working out, mainly because I don't know what they'd do with Mercedes if she successfully got the money.

I'm sure she'd still find something to moan about!:D
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can only live if her hole is filled. Bit like the alien sex creature from Torchwood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mikebuk wrote: »
    She can only live if her hole is filled. Bit like the alien sex creature from Torchwood.

Are you sure you don't want to rephrase that?:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Rinsewind wrote: »
    Are you sure you don't want to rephrase that?:)

kind of works on both levels..=D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And if he does, then (assuming Sienna still has him locked up) what happens to Tom?

I'd believe that Tom would be free at that point. How else would the police know that Sienna kidnapped him?
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    Looking at the spoilers in Soap Scoop, my first thought was that the police would be able to find out that Browning was dead before the car was reported stolen, but maybe I am giving the HOs police too much credit. :p (Or possibly Freddie knows some people that have a storage of stolen cars from weeks/months before?).

I am looking forward to Freddie knowing though, anything to get him away from Sinead and he does work better with Lynsey than Joe does.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    Hopefully BK does keep Martha - the woman is a legend and was amazing during the alcohol storyline when it was treated as an issue last year.

She relapsed, it became background - but so funny when she drunkenly waved her knitted puppets in Will's face. lol
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Looking at the spoilers in Soap Scoop, my first thought was that the police would be able to find out that Browning was dead before the car was reported stolen, but maybe I am giving the HOs police too much credit. :p (Or possibly Freddie knows some people that have a storage of stolen cars from weeks/months before?).

I am looking forward to Freddie knowing though, anything to get him away from Sinead and he does work better with Lynsey than Joe does.

Freddie and Lynesy look great with each other and have great chemistry as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sinead and Joe get together.

Now that Joe and Nancy have sleept with each other they could end up seeing more of each other. Nancy looks better with Joe then she ever was with Darren.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd believe that Tom would be free at that point. How else would the police know that Sienna kidnapped him?

Do we know that Sienna will have released Tom at the time this all happens? More importantly, if the police know she kidnapped Tom, why isn't she in custody?
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Nancy looks better with Joe then she ever was with Darren.

Yeah and I thought they had a nice chemistry there. However, I'm sure Nancy will end up back with Darren eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know that Sienna will have released Tom at the time this all happens? More importantly, if the police know she kidnapped Tom, why isn't she in custody?

Sienna wouldn't just release Tom, I'm sure he'd find a way to escape and tell on her once he's found. The police wouldn't know that Tom was kidnapped until that point.
  • Options
    Kathryn_Brown_PKathryn_Brown_P Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sienna wouldn't just release Tom, I'm sure he'd find a way to escape and tell on her once he's found. The police wouldn't know that Tom was kidnapped until that point.

This seems likely as the police in HOLLYOAKS are very dumb.