Please, please, please BB bosses - No Iain Lee next year

13»

Comments

• ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Iain Lee is the best thing about BBBOTS. He is excitable, rather than rude and Rylan expects him to interrupt and go off on a rant as this is their style when presenting together.
    All comedians have their fans and those that just don't find them funny.I like that he doesn't pander to the latest evictee or tow the very obvious company line with regard to the 'favourite' of the moment. OH and I look forward to the psych show every week as it is the only one worth watching.
    I wouldn't want him to be on every evening because he would get bored with it, as Rylan and Emma seem to, despite them trying to desperately inject some lightness and humour.
  • babs_lawriebabs_lawrie Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is an unfunny ignorant **** and that look on Mathew's face said it all when he tried his stupid sense of humour on him
  • planetmattplanetmatt Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is an unfunny ignorant **** and that look on Mathew's face said it all when he tried his stupid sense of humour on him

BOTS is pure trash and exactly the time and place for a "Your mum" joke. Matthew was just a little above the whole show. That's not a reflection on Iain's jokes.
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    As a person I find Iain Lee pretty risible, but as BOTS presenter I think his barely concealed contempt for BB is quite funny.

Many of us here feel the same, especially for the way the producers have taken the manipulation into overdrive since the CH5 move.

Iain is a great antidote to Rylan's cringy sychophancy.
  • Speckled_HenSpeckled_Hen Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but I like him. I think he's wickedly funny. The way he calls Dr. Funke just "Funke" and messes with her every week makes me laugh. He's also a nostalgic connection to the old Ch. 4 days, of which there are precious few left.
  • dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him too, he is very funny. I only watch Bots on a Saturday because he's on it, don't bother with it the rest of the week. What was wrong with saying Matthew's mother is a fox - she is! The only time I felt he went over the score was with Callum last year, he was very rude to him and it seemed personal rather than just a bit of banter. Callum was a bit of a diddy but he didn't deserve that.
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorsetwasp wrote: »
    I like him too.

I didn't watch the HL's last night, but I did watch BOTPsych - he makes me laugh and I think he works well with Rylan. :D
    I love when Iain is on and the bit on the psych with Rylan is the best., alongside Rylan's show on a Monday. I agree with the post about Iain's behaviour with Callum last year, but apart from this he is comedic and puts the fun back into BB.
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please, please, please BB bosses - sign up Iain Lee for next series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Iain lee.

Rylan gives me the boak.
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love You Ian
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a big Iain Lee fan, f anybody should be axed It should be Rylan, just don't like him, failure as a singer, failure as presenter.

Iain has been involved in Big Brother for as long as I can remember, and he is a uber fan.

Heard somebody compare him to George Lamb the other day, Which is a joke.

George had total zero interest in the show
  • StrawberryLacesStrawberryLaces Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I neither like or dislike him but I do get tired of his continual 'embarrassing dad' jokes which usually sees me laughing AT him rather than WITH him. And I do chuckle at the cringing expressions of all those around him who are clearly wishing he would just p!ss off! We could do with a proper observational comedian for the role.
  • JayUK69JayUK69 Posts: 1,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him, he doesn't sit on the fence like most presenters do. His interview with Callum last year was hilarious, even if it did get him in trouble.
  • Iain leeIain lee Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    No chance, Iain's defo a virgin. :blush:

Ha ha. You totally pwned me dude!

It's funny because its true!!!!!!!
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Iain Lee is HILARIOUS and look forward to the Psyche show every Saturday, wondering what he'll say next!

I wouldn't expect everyone to find him funny but, to misquote Kenneth Tynan on Look Back In Anger, I don't think I could love anyone who didn't love Iain Lee.

Sign him up for next year BB bosses!
  • planetmattplanetmatt Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iain lee wrote: »
    Ha ha. You totally pwned me dude!

Guess that means you never sealed the deal with Matthew's mum :D
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eeeeh gads! Another week, another sack Iain Lee thread ^_^ My only surprise is it took till Sunday afternoon to appear. The haters are slacking ;-)
  • Fay LingFay Ling Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    cah wrote: »
    Aww I love Iain Lee on BOTS and the way he takes the Piss -long may it continue

Couldn't have put it better myself. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea (can't please all of the people all of the time) but I think he's spot on with his observations so I forgive him when he goes a bit near the mark sometimes. I think he should be on more than once a week. Just my opinion. :)
  • LondonCityGirl_LondonCityGirl_ Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I wish they would get rid of him - I find him extremely irritating and unfunny. If he was that good we wouldn't have so many threads calling for him to be sacked. I need to mute him every time he comes on.
  • Jimbob91Jimbob91 Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Iain! Same time, same place for next week's thread? :D
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they would get rid of him - I find him extremely irritating and unfunny. If he was that good we wouldn't have so many threads calling for him to be sacked. I need to mute him every time he comes on.

Technically we only have one per week(end) ... and the majority, if you read through them the majority of the posts are, rightly, Pro Iain ;-)
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically we only have one per week(end) ... and the majority, if you read through them the majority of the posts are, rightly, Pro Iain ;-)

Let's find out! Please vote in my poll (when it's up).
  • Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    Iain lee wrote: »
    Ha ha. You totally pwned me dude!.

I'm no big fan of Iain, but considering the pasting that most slebs get when they dare to turn up on DSBB, I have to take my hat off to him for surviving as a member since 2009.

Well done, Iain. They haven't managed to drive you away (yet). :o
  • timo_w2stimo_w2s Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You find him extremely irritating and unfunny and you need to mute him every time he comes on yet you still watch?? I don't know, it sounds like you'd be better off doing something more productive with your life for the one hour a week Iain is on the show. I mean, it's not like you're missing vital information that means you won't be able to view the shows for the rest of the week if you don't watch. It's just a light hearted entertainment show.

I don't watch the five weekday BOTS shows, I don't particularly enjoy or care what the studio audience thinks and Rylan's teeth annoy me so I don't watch it but life goes on, I survive, I don't feel the need to rant and rave about it (unless you count this). :D