Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) 8/10
  • Options
    Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lego Movie (LINK)

I was surprised at how good it was. Very funny film! Batman pretty much stole it. :D
  • Options
    sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hangover (for a second time), could never understand what was supposedly so funny in it. Gave it a rewatch last night with a couple of beers to improve its chances of tickling my funny bone. still scratching my head as to where the hilarious bits are?? To be fair its not a bad film and its quite engaging, I'd just love to know what the hilarious moments everyone goes on about are?? The end credits made me smile the most. 6/10
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes 7/10
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Festen 1998....Ooh I enjoyed this...upper classes couldn't keep up the pretence I suppose, everyone has the potential for skeletons in the closet..it was dark, comedic with a bit of mystery thrown in. Danish cinema, I am loving it, thanks to my local library, need to get the idiots next (idioteren?!) The Dogme think interests me, although Wee Lars may have broken some rules..hehe!

10/10 for Festen!
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharknado 2: The Second One (2014) 3 out of 10 LOL :D
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jealousy (La jalousie) (2013) 8/10
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Matrix Reloaded. I haven't given it a score because I switched it off after about half an hour.
    Just one flashy set piece after another, as far as I could see.
    I recorded all three Matrix film when they were on Channel 5. I stuck with The Matrix, I switched Matrix Reloaded off, and I have just deleted The Matrix Revolutions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    capatain america winter solider - 3/10

I dont get the hype. i found it really boring and just stupid and predictable. very hard film to watch i didn't like anything about it. from the actors to the story to the direction
    its weird they tout these superhero movies as good. maybe the expendiables should all wear capes they might get more respect. as those films are far better than this one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noah- expected not to like it as I cant stand stuff like Lord ot the Rings which it has been likened to. Thought it was very compelling and well acted, I even found the rock monsters quite watchable in the context of the movie. 8/10
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    Sand Sharks - 1/10

2 hours of my life I'm never getting back.....
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Name Of the Rose, DVD. Excellent film. Set in the 14th century a time of great religious power and brutality. Very atmospheric and memorable characters.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Monster Inc 2

5/10

Very disappointed, terrible pacing and poor script.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Captain Phillips

"What was that!!!"

Your arse being saved, that's what. Vivid recreation of events with a career-best from Tom Hanks. However, the intensity and weighty feel give the impression there ought to be something bigger and more important at stake. A good ride, but a tad overblown? 7/10

Headhunters

Delirious, blackly comic euro-thriller that while entertaining enough, is a little too haphazard to truly turn the screws. You never quite buy it, so to speak. 6/10
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    State of Emergency - 6/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Femme Fatale- a slightly bonkers 'entrapment' style romantic heist thriller from Brian De Palma, the plot doesn't really hold any water given a second thought but De Palma has never lost his knack for putting a stunning set piece together and definitely makes this worth a watch.

7/10
  • Options
    MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Betty Blue
    Shagging a loon. I watched it because of award nominations. 6/10

Winter's Bone
    For anyone that watched 'Deliverance',it's for you 9/10
  • Options
    Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Changeling - Seen before but still has me crying every time. Great film and great acting.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sinbad8982 wrote: »
    The Hangover (for a second time), could never understand what was supposedly so funny in it. Gave it a rewatch last night with a couple of beers to improve its chances of tickling my funny bone. still scratching my head as to where the hilarious bits are?? To be fair its not a bad film and its quite engaging, I'd just love to know what the hilarious moments everyone goes on about are?? The end credits made me smile the most. 6/10

There's a few memorable scenes IMO e.g. the beardy guy getting knocked out by Mike Tyson and the tiger in the bathroom but they didn't make me laugh out loud either. I do like the film though.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissySmith wrote: »
    Winter's Bone
    For anyone that watched 'Deliverance',it's for you 9/10

That's an unexpected comparison. What do those have in common?

They have different premises, tropes, characters, genres, pacing and locations (Deliverance is in Georgia and Winter's Bone in Missouri). The men in Deliverance were escaping, and the girl in Winter's Bone was searching. Oh, banjo. It's the banjo, isn't it? :D
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 - 4/10

I loved the first movie but this was like a trip back to the early days of computer animation. I don't think their heart was in it.

After seeing the beautiful animation in 'The Croods' this seemed very lacklustre and cheap.
  • Options
    MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    That's an unexpected comparison. What do those have in common?

They have different premises, tropes, characters, genres, pacing and locations (Deliverance is in Georgia and Winter's Bone in Missouri). The men in Deliverance were escaping, and the girl in Winter's Bone was searching. Oh, banjo. It's the banjo, isn't it? :D

The bleak landscape of their lives.
  • Options
    Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    The Baader Meinhof Complex - 9/10
    Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom 8/10
  • Options
    oncemoreoncemore Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two very different but really enjoyable movies:

Guardians of the Galaxy - exciting, fast-paced and clever comic book movie which I think is one of the best ones that Marvel has done so far. Lots of humor, great special effects and a couple of very touching moments.

Boyhood - Richard LInklaters latest with Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette. They filmed it over 12 years and follows a young boy and his family in Texas. It's really special and I was awestruck at it. It's very much a love letter to the state and manages to capture a lot of moments just perfectly. Definitely don't miss this one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i just re watched Black Swan :D
This discussion has been closed.