Friends Gripes

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a stand up? A comic actor? A serious actor? He did a lot of stuff.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just in general.
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that scene with Robin Williams - The one where he thinks his wife is sleeping with her gynocologist?! And it turns out his friend is the one sleeping with her

Great scene so funny
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I love that scene with Robin Williams - The one where he thinks his wife is sleeping with her gynocologist?! And it turns out his friend is the one sleeping with her

Great scene so funny

Where as i think it is the worst scene ever in friends, Right up there with Joey speaks french

But it just shows humour is subjective, No one is right or wrong
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Where as i think it is the worst scene ever in friends, Right up there with Joey speaks french

But it just shows humour is subjective, No one is right or wrong

Quite correct.

Although you are right in this instance.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Pheobe's apartment done up she mentions that the wall in the bedroom which her grandmother put up was taken down. Yet it seems to be back up again in the one with Monica and Ross's cousin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suszie wrote: »
    I see they are showing the episode that robin williams was in, can anyone explain what the whole scene was meant to be about, because i thought it did not add anything funny.

I like that scene "You are a bastard for doing that to me!" :D
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding S6. So Monica tells Rachel that her and Chandler are moving in together. Anyone find it odd that they did it straight away before Rachel got an apartment. She was basically thrown out before she had somewhere to move. In TOW Ross Denial, rachel says to ross 'I was going to be homeless, you're my hero'. They could have at least moved in after rachel had somewhere else to live.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Regarding S6. So Monica tells Rachel that her and Chandler are moving in together. Anyone find it odd that they did it straight away before Rachel got an apartment. She was basically thrown out before she had somewhere to move. In TOW Ross Denial, rachel says to ross 'I was going to be homeless, you're my hero'. They could have at least moved in after rachel had somewhere else to live.

Yea that was very strange they would do that, Even more so when they weren't even using the other room and Chandler lived 3 seconds away.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Yes the whole Rachel moving out story was a bit weird IMO just more of Chandler and Monica putting themselves first
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Quite correct.

Although you are right in this instance.

Huh? How can the poster you quoted be correct if you go on to contradict the
    point they were making in their post?
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A minor gripe but in the episode where Phoebe is standing outside a shop taking charity donations around Christmas time she is wearing a Santa hat and her hair cannot be seen. One guy comes up and puts a note in the bucket but then starts to take out change to use on the bus. When Phoebe challenges him by saying its for the poor and he can't take money out he says he is poor as he has to take the bus. He then says: "Bite me blondie".

Her hair is covered up and he has never met her before so how does he know she is blonde?
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you really think they would have made Rachel move out before she found somewhere? Maybe during the fight at the end of the moving out episode :D, but generally not!
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A minor gripe but in the episode where Phoebe is standing outside a shop taking charity donations around Christmas time she is wearing a Santa hat and her hair cannot be seen. One guy comes up and puts a note in the bucket but then starts to take out change to use on the bus. When Phoebe challenges him by saying its for the poor and he can't take money out he says he is poor as he has to take the bus. He then says: "Bite me blondie".

Her hair is covered up and he has never met her before so how does he know she is blonde?

Maybe he has met her before?

That scene is funny though, especially the old woman who Phoebe calls a bitch once she is removed from the job.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Blonde eyebrows? Can't remember if they are or not!
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When she's ringing a bell? You can see her hair - http://akamai.paramountcomedy.com/cc/videos/friends/friends_510_phoebe_charity_bucket_bitch.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one where Joey and Ross date the same girl: The neon sign in the shop window is off, then on then off while Joey is talking to her.

There's also another blooper where in one scene Mike's scarf is tied up, then undone then tied up all in the same scene!

You can see that one here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meXfh69ZLZg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The scene before that when she is speaking to the man her hair is tucked under her hat and can't be seen.

But that picture you've linked to reminded me when another woman comes to take over Phoebe's pitch Phoebe says something about the old lady who you can see in that picture something along the lines of: "I'll give you one piece of advise, watch out for that bitch". :D
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene before that when she is speaking to the man her hair is tucked under her hat and can't be seen.

But that picture you've linked to reminded me when another woman comes to take over Phoebe's pitch Phoebe says something about the old lady who you can see in that picture something along the lines of: "I'll give you one piece of advise, watch out for that bitch". :D

Ah I see, I couldn't find a grab from the scene with the man so I thought it'd be the same - no idea then!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I see, I couldn't find a grab from the scene with the man so I thought it'd be the same - no idea then!

This is the scene I'm talking about (the man appears at 0:38) where Phoebe's hair is covered up but the guy says: "Bite me Blondie".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWG0ha2WI98

After that the scene jumps to further in the episode where Phoebe's hair is now showing at the back
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her setting the money alight with the "coffee" :D:D:D I love that episode.
  • susziesuszie Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Why did Ben not have any lines at Monica and Chandler's wedding, even when Ross was sat at the kids table he did not acknowledge him even a wee line about what Ross was doing sitting at the table would have been nice.
  • endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    suszie wrote: »
    Why did Ben not have any lines at Monica and Chandler's wedding, even when Ross was sat at the kids table he did not acknowledge him even a wee line about what Ross was doing sitting at the table would have been nice.

I'm sure I've seen somewhere a scene where Ben does acknowledge him, it may be one of those deleted scene bonuses on the DVD, or I may have dreamt it completely
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I've seen somewhere a scene where Ben does acknowledge him, it may be one of those deleted scene bonuses on the DVD, or I may have dreamt it completely

Yeah I think so, something about him being embarrassed by his Dad.
  • endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think so, something about him being embarrassed by his Dad.

Glad someone else has seen it now I know I'm not going crazy lol