Options

Beginning to feel sorry for Robert Pattinson...

mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
Forum Member
✭✭
I didn't realise just HOW big this Twilight stuff was until I read he'd been hit by a car the other day after being mobbed by fans. I know it wasn't a big hit but still.

I've read interviews with him recently aswell where it seems he really is not loving the attention. I know he chose to be an actor but he probably didn't choose to be quite so famous.

Comments

• Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did choose to audition for and accept the role and Twilight was already huge by then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i bet he cries into his cornflakes every morning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    "Hit by a cab" is a bit strong, he lightly brushed it and he did run out into the road and anyone who's been to NYC knows that's a stupid thing to do!

My sister had a far worse accident last week that wasn't as a result of running out into the road and she's not complained as Pattison has even though she's on crutches.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    oh dear.. is he famous then? is he the Harry Potter kid that went onto bigger things..?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amesouer wrote: »
    "Hit by a cab" is a bit strong, he lightly brushed it and he did run out into the road and anyone who's been to NYC knows that's a stupid thing to do!

My sister had a far worse accident last week that wasn't as a result of running out into the road and she's not complained as Pattison has even though she's on crutches.

By some media reports it was his security who pulled him onto the road. I don't think he made much of it tbh as he continued filming straight after. Some of the fans have totally lost the plot and the production company seemingly did not have adequate security in place around the set
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    He did choose to audition for and accept the role and Twilight was already huge by then.

I wouldn't say it would have been "huge" when he auditioned for it, probably about a year before it came out. Vast majority of Twilight readers in this country started reading the Twilight saga after the film came out last year. I read them before I even knew a film was in the pipeline. I'd never heard of it, just seen the pretty looking books in WH Smith :)

It may have been "huge" in America, I really don't know, but you cannot suggest that Robert Pattinson should have seen this coming - being chased into the road by screaming young girls. Yes you hear about it in the media but I bet it doesn't feel like it would ever happen to you.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellene wrote: »
    By some media reports it was his security who pulled him onto the road. I don't think he made much of it tbh as he continued filming straight after. Some of the fans have totally lost the plot and the production company seemingly did not have adequate security in place around the set

This is kind of the point I was trying to make, I've heard of fans acting a bit hysterical around their idols but it seems to have got totally out of hand with Pattinson. Hence why I'm beginning to feel bad for him. I know he auditioned etc but I bet he didn't expect some of the nuttiness!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is kind of the point I was trying to make, I've heard of fans acting a bit hysterical around their idols but it seems to have got totally out of hand with Pattinson. Hence why I'm beginning to feel bad for him.

Totally agree, he can't even have a personal life at the moment. Bet he will be glad to get back to Vancouver as he seemed to have a lot more privacy there and I don't think he'd get too much hassle back in England either. Just seems to be a US thing at the moment and gossip sites are only fanning the flames even more
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it would have been "huge" when he auditioned for it, probably about a year before it came out. Vast majority of Twilight readers in this country started reading the Twilight saga after the film came out last year. I read them before I even knew a film was in the pipeline. I'd never heard of it, just seen the pretty looking books in WH Smith :)

It may have been "huge" in America, I really don't know, but you cannot suggest that Robert Pattinson should have seen this coming - being chased into the road by screaming young girls. Yes you hear about it in the media but I bet it doesn't feel like it would ever happen to you.

Twilight was the best selling book series in the world before the movie even came out. Yes the mania is even worse now but to say it wasn't huge before is wrong. A quick glance at any fan site would have told him that he should've been the one running screaming. I don't feel sorry for him.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll be frowning all the way to the bank, then.:)
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    amesouer wrote: »

Where did Pattinson ever complained of it?

And Psy, I read Twilight before the movie and although it was very popular in certain circles, it was not at all mainstream, AT ALL, the book was already a best seller in the US and it was even dificuld to find it here. Now you see piles of them, there was a time that I had to go to several Waterstones because they sold the last copy available...

As twenty something year old man in London he had no way if even Knowing that Twilight existed or that there was hype about it, or that some TWATLIGHTERS were maniacs, he's been saying this over and over again and to tell the truth it's obvious. I would be surprised if he said he knew about it.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    Where did Pattinson ever complained of it?

And Psy, I read Twilight before the movie and although it was very popular in certain circles, it was not at all mainstream, AT ALL, the book was already a best seller in the US and it was even dificuld to find it here. Now you see piles of them, there was a time that I had to go to several Waterstones because they sold the last copy available...

As twenty something year old man in London he had no way if even Knowing that Twilight existed or that there was hype about it, or that some TWATLIGHTERS were maniacs, he's been saying this over and over again and to tell the truth it's obvious. I would be surprised if he said he knew about it.

Agree with the bit in bold, that's what I was getting at.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Psychosis wrote: »

I have to agree with viridiana. I had never heard of Twilight over here until I watched the film, neither had any of my friends or family. In interviews Rob has made it perfectly clear that he had no idea how big the books were which is perfectly likely I think. Lets face who would of expected this sort of craziness?:eek:
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he thought he was auditioning for Twiglets.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel quite sorry for him because some fans are completely mad and don't seem to allow him to have a private life - if he ever got a girlfriend she would probably get mauled/attacked by manic fans on a daily basis!