I can't stand George Clooney, anyone else feel the same??

loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i deeply DEEPLY dislike him and i always have, everytime he is on tv, i actually feel myself having a physical reaction :mad:

maybe because he is so typical and obvious and the cliche haapy go lucky popular guy of hollywood, which is what is the massive irritant, if he wasn't the number 1 hollywood guy but rather like an underdog then i could like him better. plus i dont think he is good actor :o,

the attitude of those in hollywood around him is nauseating too, its like oh its clooney! lets act as if the sun shines out of his arse and every event becomes about him. and of course there is no that doesn't like him, they all want to go spend time with him and he takes them all in and becomes their best friend because he's george clooney.

anyone else dislike him?

Comments

• IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You and me both.
  • scar_tissuescar_tissue Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love gorgeous george.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    You and me both.

my new best friend :p
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    loveloveX wrote: »
    i deeply DEEPLY dislike him and i always have, everytime he is on tv, i actually feel myself having a physical reaction :mad:

maybe because he is so typical and obvious and the cliche haapy go lucky popular guy of hollywood, which is what is the massive irritant, if he wasn't the number 1 hollywood guy but rather like an underdog then i could like him better. plus i dont think he is good actor :o,

the attitude of those in hollywood around him is nauseating too, its like oh its clooney! lets act as if the sun shines out of his arse and every event becomes about him. and of course there is no that doesn't like him, they all want to go spend time with him and he takes them all in and becomes their best friend because he's george clooney.

anyone else dislike him?

There's no reason to dislike him. Your post basically amounts to "I don't like George Clooney because people like him". Seriously, get a grip.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was brilliant in From Dusk Till Dawn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does nothing for me looks wise and his acting is always the same from what I've seen. He's supposedly a really lovely person, so fans who have met him say, but he doesn't interest me.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    He is finest actor and director!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I do not like him and always thought I was the only one. I can not stand him. Smug.
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't dislike him but don't find him attractive at all and I've avoided most of his work except for the one about men staring at goats.... So I guess I have a tolerant indifference. :)
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Didn't really think about him that much until a list of his 100 favourite movies appeared on the web and I had about 80 of them in my collection. Smart bloke :) and I actually like his movies, not the rom-coms but the serious stuff, especially the movies he directs
  • BingedrinkerBingedrinker Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww I think he seems down to earth and funny. Love his films and think he's got better with age - swoon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He,s a handsome dude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I think he is repulsive. I only watched ER after he left and I would not go to see any movie he appears in. I actually shudder when I see him on screen. After seeing him have a go at a journalist who dared critise one of his dreadful movies I suspect he's a thoroughly nasty man too.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he just comes across as very one dimensional tbh have never understood the fuss about him apart from he's a bit of a pretty boy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    he just comes across as very one dimensional tbh have never understood the fuss about him apart from he's a bit of a pretty boy

Mmm, not any more. He's distinctly dusty looking now.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think George is okay. I think there's much worse people than George out there.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help but admire a man who has a pet pig.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    I don't like him never have he as a smug look about him
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help but admire a man who has a pet pig.
    This is so true. :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no reason to dislike him. Your post basically amounts to "I don't like George Clooney because people like him". Seriously, get a grip.

Indeed. He always comes across as being quite down to earth and able to poke fun at himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    loveloveX wrote: »

anyone else dislike him?

Are you Francine from American Dad? :D
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him. I don't get all the hoo-ha about his looks, but as a person, I don't see what's not to like! He is always up for having a laugh at himself, and doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. And he's more than happy to speak up for what he believes in.

Plus, people who have met him or interviewed him, always say that he is a genuinely lovely man. And I'm not into disliking people just because others do them.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love George and from what I've seen he doesn't take himself to serious and is happy to laugh at himself. He has strong political beliefs and has been arrested for them..
  • MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, I like him :D
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love him and have since ER. He is a fine actor, director and aging very well.