Options

Greatest ever live performance

13»

Comments

• Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,021
    Forum Member
    Well, the whole of "U2 Live At Red Rocks" is my all time favourite.

11 O'Clock Tick Tock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajhOjFwuddQ

How jealous I was of that girl back in 1983. What am I saying, still am!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me its no doubt Queen at Live Aid and Queen live at Wembley in 86!
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unique wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_2tSGxGnJQ

just start typing "greatest gu..." into youtube and pick the first video
    That was pretty amazing (never seen Prince play before) but towards the end it turns into more of a technical exercise then keeping with the flow of the melody IMO. The mans an astute player however
  • Options
    PilotofthestormPilotofthestorm Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC 17 wrote: »
    Had it been a one off then id agree, but Queen had a string of incredible performances. Live Aid is often mentioned as they did it infront of the world, but you could take your pick as there was that many. Houston '77, Montreal '81, Rio '85... Wembley '86 Mercury was ridiculously good (Under Pressure is on a different level). They were also renowned for needing only one take during tv shows. Besides Mercury & May, there is only one other band with a near flawless singer and lead guitarist and thats Led Zeppelin with Plant & Page.

Would agree with Zeppelin although I never got the chance to see them live and have had to rely on various bootlegs and the DVD release a few years back. Was gutted when I didn't get tickets to see them at the O2 arena in 2007 which by all accounts was a pretty good gig. I have seen Robert Plant live a few times, my favourite being the "Raising Sand" tour with Alison Krauss....now that girl can sing live.

Other stand out concerts would be U2 Joshua Tree tour at the old Cardiff Arms Park and Prince at Birmingham NEC. The man is amazing live