Options

Girls Aloud Sarah Harding Caught Using Mobile Phone ( Whilst Driving )

13»

Comments

• Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Seems fair to me, surprised how quickly it has been dealt with. I like how the judge responded to the daft list of reasons why she shouldn't be banned, simple and to the point:D
    Judge Tempia replied: 'I'm not thinking of public transport - I'm thinking of paying somebody to drive you.'
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Insurance up.
  • Options
    Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much for Mr Loophole, didn't he also fail to get Jordan off her ban too?

She only got banned for six months because of the previous penalty points for SPEEDING.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish more judges would slap down these pleas about how a driving ban will inconvenience the offender. Why shouldn't it inconvenience them? They should have thought of that before they drove too fast/drove drunk/used a phone while driving/whatever offence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish more judges would slap down these pleas about how a driving ban will inconvenience the offender. Why shouldn't it inconvenience them? They should have thought of that before they drove too fast/drove drunk/used a phone while driving/whatever offence.

Agreed....
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An £80,000 Range Rover and she couldn't afford the £100 extra to have a hands-free kit installed! (In actual fact, the £80k version comes with a super bluetooth hands-free system, integrated with Iphones and MP3 playing, which she obviously could not be bothered to use)

Brainless idiot who deserves the ban.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    An £80,000 Range Rover and she couldn't afford the £100 extra to have a hands-free kit installed! (In actual fact, the £80k version comes with a super bluetooth hands-free system, integrated with Iphones and MP3 playing, which she obviously could not be bothered to use)

This is my main gripe, you see many people driving expensive cars but can't be arsed to get a handsfree kit..who do these people think they are?
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »

Excellently put.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Sarah gets a six month ban (nicked 4 times)
    Sarahs solicitor told the court that She needed her licence
    `As She Was Too Famous to Use Public Transport ` :eek:
    ..Wow!..so we lower mortals are not fit to travel on the same bus as her..she should get over herself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ecckles wrote: »
    So Sarah gets a six month ban (nicked 4 times)
    Sarahs solicitor told the court that She needed her licence
    `As She Was Too Famous to Use Public Transport ` :eek:
    ..Wow!..so we lower mortals are not fit to travel on the same bus as her..she should get over herself

Drivers or Taxis will get her around.

Six month insurance rebate, no petrol. Get Lidl to deliver your food.
    Insist in a contract making her employer responsible for transport.

Done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    Drivers or Taxis will get her around.

Six month insurance rebate, no petrol. Get Lidl to deliver your food.
    Insist in a contract making her employer responsible for transport.

Done.

Insurance rebate?? you don't get a rebate for getting banned....do you??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Insurance rebate?? you don't get a rebate for getting banned....do you??

Yes, you cancel it, and if you have some months outstanding you get a rebate. :rolleyes:

Or keep it going for no claims discount purposes, her bill should be higher either way.
  • Options
    GAZ237GAZ237 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well as i said at the start of this thread . The failure to stop would be dropped.

She only got a ban because of previous points on her license giveing her a totting ban.

Such a minor case, hardly worthy of reporting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GAZ237 wrote: »

Such a minor case, hardly worthy of reporting.

Hardly minor, it's totally illegal and very dangerous...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly minor, it's totally illegal and very dangerous...

Well its perfectly legal in America. they dont seem to think its dangerous.
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think US laws apply in the UK do they? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's their problem...:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I,m just making the point, that not everyone considers using a phone while driving is dangerous.

I personally dont if your just talking. On the otherhand, i think people who us there phone to send texts is very dangerous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I,m just making the point, that not everyone considers using a phone while driving is dangerous.

I personally dont if your just talking. On the otherhand, i think people who us there phone to send texts is very dangerous.

It doesn't really matter. Talking or texting, one's as dangerous as the other. Even if you're just talking, your attention can still wander from the road, and with one hand on the wheel, you don't have full control of a car.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't really matter. Talking or texting, one's as dangerous as the other. Even if you're just talking, your attention can still wander from the road, and with one hand on the wheel, you don't have full control of a car.

Texting you have to take your eyes off the road constantly. Talking you dont.

CB radios are legal where you talk into a microphone while holding it. Please explain why talking into a phone is any different?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Talking of America, they have started a mobile ban whilst driving and the drivers lawyers are trying using a defence of the 'right to free speech' in their arguments.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

CB radios are legal where you talk into a microphone while holding it. Please explain why talking into a phone is any different?

Using a mobile phone to have a conversation is dangerous because:-

a) If you're not using a hands-free device, you'll only have one hand on the steering wheel while using the phone.

and

b) When you're on the phone, you tend to be concentrating on the conversation, not on what's going on around you.

I expect CB radios are still legal because the majority of people who use them these days are people who drive for a living (e.g. lorry drivers, couriers and taxi drivers) or people who work for the emergency services. I'd also guess that modern CBs probably can be used 'hands free'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your attention can still wander even if you're just talking.
    Emergency service vehicles will be exempt from this law anyway.

Just a heads up for you on the laws on the use of mobiles when driving. Note - it's against the law to use mobiles at all whilst driving in the UK - talking OR texting.

https://www.gov.uk/using-mobile-phones-when-driving-the-law

Plenty of CB radios here that are hands free.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=cb%20radio%20handsfree&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=51a2b47f571cda6f&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45645796,d.d2k&biw=1280&bih=909