Options

EE actors not allowed to stop outside set

13»

Comments

• Options
    flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,808
    Forum Member
    I've been reading a bit about this on Twitter and apparently the police were down there telling people waiting to move on. Someone also said that the girl who plays Rebecca was chased by some fans when leaving the studio last week.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a few of the actors appear to be stopping anyway still, according to Twitter. I guess it's going to be hard for security to enforce it, and while some of the actors continue to stop, fans are going to keep on turning up.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,324
    Forum Member
    There is nothing Security can do if it is off BBC premises and on a public street. The Police will have to keep moving people on and I imagine they'll have to be informed of the problem each time it happens by residents - it would be deemed a waste of resources for them to be there all the time.

Really the BBC need to tell the actors not to stop again as it really isn't fair on the residents and yes, as long as fans believed there is a fair chance they will stop because they have heard that someone did on Twitter, they will continue to turn up.

Some actors may not mind it, even enjoy meeting the fans but it's not fair on those that aren't comfortable with it (as they are expected to because others do) and also not fair on the residents to be encouraging fans to loiter in such a way.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,324
    Forum Member
    Really, if the actors and BBC are okay with it, they should set up an official 'waiting area' for the fans within the grounds at Elstree - perhaps just after the gate off the private road. That way it could be controlled by their internal security and wouldn't cause a nuisance to the residents or inconvenient the police.