Options

Does anyone else find Sonya in Neighbours annoying?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The stupid, intefering busy body is practically pushing Toadie into the arms of another woman. Constantly sticking her nose in others peoples business even when it's not wanted, always in the guise of "helping others", it's like she thrives off other peoples misfortune. She's always putting her need to "help" before her family, such a stupid selfish woman. I'd love it if one of the people she's always trying to "help" tuned around and told her to mind her own ****ing business, but that's never going to happen is it because we're always made to feel sorry for Sonya when people are nasty to her >:(

Comments

• Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Nope I love Sonya and and Eve Morey is brilliant :D
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I'd love it if one of the people she's always trying to "help" tuned around and told her to mind her own ****ing business, but that's never going to happen is it because we're always made to feel sorry for Sonya when people are nasty to her >:(
    Already happened when Chris told her to butt out of his family's business. That didn't stop her.

I'll be surprised if this thread doesn't get a good chunk of replies, as there is quite a bit of Sonya hate on DS.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Sonya is becoming unpopular now which is a bit of a shame.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I think it's a shame, too. However, it's all very in character for Sonya - a woman battling with her addictions on a daily basis, who has an addictive personality and doesn't see how seeking out people in need has become another addiction.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I find her incredibly annoying. I was expecting her to say to toadie cal is my son and I'll decide was best. Its pretty obvious toadie will have an affair and since cal is leaving Sonia must change her mind.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Yes I find her incredibly annoying. I was expecting her to say to toadie cal is my son and I'll decide was best. Its pretty obvious toadie will have an affair and since cal is leaving Sonia must change her mind.

If I was Cal, I would pick Toadie!

Why does Sonya think she has more say over him, Callum would have gone into care if it wasn't for Toadie taking him in!

I love Eve Morey though, great actress!
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    We all know a Sonya or have met the type of character in the past.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Yes! But I think she'd meant to come across as the annoying do gooder type who thinks she's the authority on EVERYTHING because she overcome addiction, all the stuff with being Callum's mother etc. I think she does genuinely think she's helping, but in reality she's interfering and involving herself where she isn't wanted. Think we all know people like that though.

What I want to know when did she suddenly go from dog trainer to hippy type? I hate some of those billowing clothes she wears.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    It's amazing how writing can change a character. Sonya came to RS with her addiction problems, but used to be warm, caring and reasonably non-judgmental. I used to love her character, and she and Imogen were great in the bulimia storyline. But more recently, both of them have become a pair of shrieking shrews, bulldozing everyone else's feelings out of the way.

And some of Sonya's wardrobe is appalling.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way she tried to scupper Callam's scholarship for her own selfish reasons as well as his relationship with Josie is making me start to dislike her.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand her any more. There's a fine line between interfering and helping and she crossed it a long time ago for me. I just find her a tad selfish and I agree with Jayma up there ^^
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Is it time for a new FFS....Get Rid of thread then? :D Previous ones have a great result record.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    The stupid, intefering busy body is practically pushing Toadie into the arms of another woman. Constantly sticking her nose in others peoples business even when it's not wanted, always in the guise of "helping others", it's like she thrives off other peoples misfortune. She's always putting her need to "help" before her family, such a stupid selfish woman. I'd love it if one of the people she's always trying to "help" tuned around and told her to mind her own ****ing business, but that's never going to happen is it because we're always made to feel sorry for Sonya when people are nasty to her >:(

Spot on, i can't stand Sonya, everything has got to be about her, she always has to be in the right and her need to "help" people is annoying she is just a busy body who has nothing better to do in her life than stick her nose in when it isn't wanted. Horrible women especially when she is prepared to let her own son miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime because of her own guilt at letting him go when he was a kid, but like you said we can't say anything against "Saint Sonya". I wouldn't blame Toadie if he wanted out of his marriage, but then it would be all about Sonya again.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, toadie could do so much better.
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    I think it's a shame, too. However, it's all very in character for Sonya - a woman battling with her addictions on a daily basis, who has an addictive personality and doesn't see how seeking out people in need has become another addiction.

But she's so sanctimonious about being "right ' - the way she had a go at Susan today was a bit rich considering how she's so ready to stick her nose in everybody else's business. She needs to take a good hard look at herself and question her own 'motives', or she'll end up losing Toadie.

Scritpwriters again? As pointed out above, Sonya used to be a very likeable c character at first, so what happened? Apart from a wardrobe malfunction? And I cringe whenever she goes all cutesy-poo!
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Vile, vile woman. Toadie needs to ditch her for Naomi quick smart!
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Its because with Izzy and Sarah there was a bigger cast and they had more reason to interact with each other. Now the cast is smaller and theres more independent businesses so interactions are a lot more forced.
  • Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    It's amazing how writing can change a character. Sonya came to RS with her addiction problems, but used to be warm, caring and reasonably non-judgmental. I used to love her character, and she and Imogen were great in the bulimia storyline. But more recently, both of them have become a pair of shrieking shrews, bulldozing everyone else's feelings out of the way.

I like Sonya and find her to be one of the most believable characters in the show - she's pretty consistent with her attitudes to things and it makes sense with her back story. But I do agree that she's been more OTT lately. Imogen on the other hand has become a different person ever since Daniel arrived, she is unrecognisable from the brilliant bulimia story. I guess she's growing up or something but I pine for the old Imogen.
  • Options
    ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »

Agree with all of this. Sonia Was completely different when she first came. They changed her personality
    wardrobe when she had a baby.
  • Options
    Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chzza wrote: »
    Agree with all of this. Sonia Was completely different when she first came. They changed her personality
    wardrobe when she had a baby.

Yes she came in as a nice guide dog trainer - and was then turned into a crazy woman who lied about being Callum's mother. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I utterly loathe Sonya with a passion. The stupid cow makes it her mission to stick her unwanted beak into other peoples problems because she thinks she is some sort of saint/superwomen. Infuriating creature and I won't even start with that awful whispering voice she speaks in. >:(
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Eve Morey does a great job, I really like the actress. Not so keen on the character at the moment she's been pretty selfish with Callum.
  • Options
    DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Vile, vile woman. Toadie needs to ditch her for Naomi quick smart!

I totally second this. I used to love Sonya, but over the last year I have disliked her more and more. The fact she is trying to stop Callum leaving is getting her into the hate territory.

Besides, if Toadie had an affair with Naomi, it would make him so much more interesting as Sonya has dragged him down. He has become such a boring character since he has been with her. I miss the old Toadie big time and Naomi is almost bringing him back.
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Why does she dress that way?
  • Options
    NFAN 21NFAN 21 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Eve Morey is an excellent actress but yes the character is very annoying. She looks like she wears bed clothes all day long and gets dressed in the dark! I wish the directors/producers would allow the character to revert back to the clothes she wore at the start of her tenure.