Options

Anyone else find Kellie a little bit creepy?

airyfariyairyfariy Posts: 593
Forum Member
✭✭
She un nerves me a bit. Maybe it's her shyness I don't know but she does give me the creeps a bit. Anyone else?!

Comments

• Options
    MichellerlzMichellerlz Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I think she comes across very sweet and nervous.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    Not at all, I cannot imagine how terrified she must feel and yet she is the only one taking a genuine interest in people who are introducing themselves.
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes anyone who promotes a rapist is a creep in my book.
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    No. She is nervous but still trying to meet and get on with people she's never met. Obviously difficult for her and maybe more difficult, she also had to meet people she does know for the first time since her transformation. I think both Kellie and Audley handled it well.
  • Options
    SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Kellie is running a bit of game with the nervy, simpering flower act. But I did get a little uneasy with her dragging Stephanie about... is Kellie a straight female or gay?
  • Options
    rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    racol5 wrote: »

Oh but that wasn't Kellie, she's a dear thing going through a very difficult time in the most public of places.
    You must be thinking of Frank who was indeed a rapist promoting piece of work. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,801
    Forum Member
    Nobody would dare launch a "creepy" campaign against a transgender woman.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was quite sweet, really seemed interested in everyone and handled the banter well. She looked very nervous and tired so IMO did very well.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope the "journey" she is on does not mean a sympathy vote win. It's a personal life journey and zippo to do with Big Brother !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes, that Shy, Coy dipping her head bit with Emma was weird, Then telling Audley about this being first time she has been open, She has been on Southern news and in the Media for couple of weeks,
  • Options
    nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I like her that much think she should d have waited a year be f ore comming on a show like bb.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    airyfariy wrote: »
    She un nerves me a bit. Maybe it's her shyness I don't know but she does give me the creeps a bit. Anyone else?!

It's a all a bit strange to be honest. I don't know what to think. A very aggressive boxing promoter becoming a woman - nope! not getting it.
  • Options
    niwdenessniwdeness Posts: 1,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    It's a all a bit strange to be honest. I don't know what to think. A very aggressive boxing promoter becoming a woman - nope! not getting it.

Not just a woman, but a quiet, shy and reserved one. It just seems duplicitous, like she is putting on an act. Transgendered people i've met before didn't do a 180 in personality when they made the transition, they felt like they were this person and then after their transition their outward appearance reflected it.

I'm also not keen on the fact that Kellie was a member of UKIP and a homophobic one at that.
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not very pc of me ,but I just think she is playing the sympathy card . First ,this is not her first big outing as kellie as claimed ,she has been on quite a few interviews .Second she must have stones the size of basket balls to take on a gig involving living with a crowd of strangers and being watched by the public 24/7 for three weeks ,so the 'shy retiring' thing won't wash with me .
    I really don't know her from the boxing days at all,but I have to say I sense a short temper under that facade of ladylike coyness .I think the cutesy thing will wear thin and an angry person will emerge around one week in .
    On live feed last night she was literally falling asleep sat upright at the table/breakfast bar . They only had two bottles of booze between them so she can't have been sozzled ,but she looked sozzled so I think she might be on meds as part of the gender alteration treatment .
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only see a man in drag im afraid, frenchy is the creepy one, what ever she sees when she looks in the mirror.
  • Options
    newgirl55newgirl55 Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    racol5 wrote: »

who is a rapist?
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    niwdeness wrote: »
    Not just a woman, but a quiet, shy and reserved one. It just seems duplicitous, like she is putting on an act. Transgendered people i've met before didn't do a 180 in personality when they made the transition, they felt like they were this person and then after their transition their outward appearance reflected it.

I'm also not keen on the fact that Kellie was a member of UKIP and a homophobic one at that.

A curious fact that. I know this means nothing because it happens sometimes, but it is a strange thing to see that he, oops! she has children.
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    sherisgirl wrote: »
    I can only see a man in drag im afraid, frenchy is the creepy one, what ever she sees when she looks in the mirror.

Yes exactly what I see, I just don't get it, or why someone as awkward and shy would want to go into BB.
  • Options
    Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    sherisgirl wrote: »

Exactly.

He still talks like a cockney boxing promoter - I'm not buying the 'woman in a mans body' thing. Bit of a strange career choice for somebody so feminine at heart?

I reckon he's just a bit messed up in the head to be honest....
  • Options
    NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's put on an act for decades as an aggressive male boxing promoter, that's the thing with a male with gender identity issues, you often read of transgendered former men joining the forces for example. Striving to demonstrate masculinity is common as reaction formation. Ie a defence mechanism that takes you to the extreme in order to validate whatever is being defended

At the moment, I'm hoping the UKIP association was part of that.

If it's an act right now, if she's in there for any time, which I suspect she will be, you can't hide in there. Even if this is the true her she might not know how she will be under stress because it is apparently a very new presentation of who she is
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its hard to imagine anything worse than a UKIP member / supporter, but a homophobic one... damn!
  • Options
    GrandmotherGrandmother Posts: 2,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    It's a personal life journey and zippo to do with Big Brother !

If that was true, would we, as viewers, be invited to watch it? Rightly or wrongly, BB looks like a short trip to 'acceptance' for transgender people, as godawful as they might otherwise be. Luke A seemed okay, but Nadia and Lauren Harries, if they'd been picked in the first place, would have been out of the door in two seconds flat had it not been for their 'complicated' back stories. In a world where people are facing far more serious problems, in the Middle East, in Africa, why are we supposed to care about these boring attention-seekers? Nobody held a gun to their heads. Though in the case of Lauren, at least, they arguably should have done.

Have the op, or don't; live as someone of the opposite sex, or not - really, what's the difference? I'd be surprised if anyone who was genuinely facing gender issues took much solace from the antics of a entitled shrieking harridan, a barely-articulate walking corpse or, now, an addled right wing thug with connections in the boxing world, who's decided, for whatever reason, to inflict his sexual dilemnas on CBB's already diminishing audience.

These are not good role models, let's face it.
  • Options
    Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    Its hard to imagine anything worse than a UKIP member / supporter, but a homophobic one... damn!
    BIB - I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I can imagine many things worse than somebody merely wanting the UK to leave the EU.

But yeah, I don't find her creepy exactly... Although I do find her slightly uncomfortable to watch. Maybe it's because she's not comfortable with being herself yet, which is understandable.
  • Options
    2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not getting it either. Obviously this isn't a transgender case but more of a transsexual one. I feel she is holding back through fear of coming across to manly which would look ridiculous in a blonde wig and makeup.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say creepy.

I just can't warm to her, I'm not buying the whole bag of nerves/sweet & innocent little lady act.