CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he's a kn0b
  • Options
    Neil_NortonNeil_Norton Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Idiot,

The homophobia has killed his career for him big time. Maybe somewhere not as gay friendly as Australia/USA or Italy fair enough, but here - mentioning that is hanging yourself by the noose.

On top of that he's a shite singer, arrogant and big headed.
  • Options
    MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    Idiot,

The homophobia has killed his career for him big time. Maybe somewhere not as gay friendly as Australia/USA or Italy fair enough, but here - mentioning that is hanging yourself by the noose.

On top of that he's a shite singer, arrogant and big headed.

True - and now he's cancelling gigs because the (self inflicted) stress has made him ill.....boo hoo, the heart bleeds for the poor ickle boy :cry:;)
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. I have no words.
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no stress...or exhausation.

This is advice of management to get him off the radar for a bit so people forget this homophobia blunder. Clever tactic. I've seen it with a few celebs over the years. Why the hell would he be exhausted anyway? He's done a few promos in the past week, look at 1D and international stars who are doing MUCH more than him. There is no exhausation.

I cannot believe he actually said to Lucy - my album sold ten times yours in week 1.
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would this "stress" and "exhaustion" happen to be linked to low ticket sales, by any chance?
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    being homophobic in the UK will kill a showbiz career. For some reason we tend to tolerate it slightly more in foreigners (American rappers etc)
    Any British Celeb with half a brain cell knows this.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    being homophobic in the UK will kill a showbiz career. For some reason we tend to tolerate it slightly more in foreigners (American rappers etc)

Just goes to show how people have inconsistencies with morality.
  • Options
    Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »

It didn't harm The Happy Mondays as much as it would today. Bez said something like how he thought gays were all sicko's. 15 years later he won Celeb Big Brother

Actually maybe it did harm their career
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no stress...or exhausation.

This is advice of management to get him off the radar for a bit so people forget this homophobia blunder. Clever tactic. I've seen it with a few celebs over the years. Why the hell would he be exhausted anyway? He's done a few promos in the past week, look at 1D and international stars who are doing MUCH more than him. There is no exhausation.

I cannot believe he actually said to Lucy - my album sold ten times yours in week 1.
    This must be serious if he's given the "exhaustion" excuse. Its usually reserved for addiction crises.
    The record co must seriously be crapping themselves. His promo have all been cancelled which must mean they can't trust him out in public. He's obviously become a big liability.
    I suspect his career is on the decline now. That'll learn.him for bitching about Matt Cardle so quickly...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What rubbish. His horrible attitude and negative slurs towards everything and everyone has caught up to him. It's not clever or entertaining to have such a huge ego so early. Maybe some humbleness and modesty would have helped. (See The Wanted)

What a waste of good talent. To think I voted for this loser. Good riddance!!
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see what the problem is, wasnt the slur he said in a battle rap aimed at another rapper who was throwing disses at him. why are people scrutinising battle lyrics.he can say whatever he likes whether hes right or wrong.its just another slang term for saying the guy is a punk.its not like he released a single called 'i hate gays'.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    Would this "stress" and "exhaustion" happen to be linked to low ticket sales, by any chance?

I think it's an excuse for him to disappear until the hate dies down and also an attempt to make people feel sorry for him. Oh, poor James didn't mean to make any homophobic comments, he's just a bit unwell! That sort of thing.
  • Options
    soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    I dont see what the problem is, wasnt the slur he said in a battle rap aimed at another rapper who was throwing disses at him. why are people scrutinising battle lyrics.he can say whatever he likes whether hes right or wrong.its just another slang term for saying the guy is a punk.its not like he released a single called 'i hate gays'.
    Oh for god's sake - battle lyrics!:rolleyes:
    Where exactly is it written that rap is immune to the normal laws covering racism and homophobia.? Rap is no different to any other form of expression on that score and should observe the law like anyone else -clearly rappers don't but then they're not all Simon Cowell's X Factor winners are they?;).
  • Options
    DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its never OK to discriminate against anyone, otherwise we become like how Germany was before a little War you might have heard of happened when a chap called Hitler was calling the shots. That is maybe why us Brits more than any other country don't tolerate discrimination, because history has taught us where it can lead. The fact that so many fans of rap considering it to be fine to do so in this day and age is truly embarrassing.

As for Mr Arthur its not just his homophobic remark but all the other vile comments he's come out with that show his true, rather unpleasant character. Extremely unlikeable guy and I'm amazed his management ever set him loose with a Twitter account. I liked this NME story about a PR expert basically saying he's too thick to use Twitter. Think that hits the nail on the head:
    http://www.nme.com/news/james-arthur/74005
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's never OK to discriminate against anyone, otherwise we become like how Germany was before a little War you might have heard of happened when a chap called Hitler was calling the shots. That is maybe why us Brits more than any other country don't tolerate discrimination, because history has taught us where it can lead. The fact that so many fans of rap considering it to be fine to do so in this day and age is truly embarrassing.

As for Mr Arthur its not just his homophobic remark but all the other vile comments he's come out with that show his true, rather unpleasant character. Extremely unlikeable guy and I'm amazed his management ever set him loose with a Twitter account. I liked this NME story about a PR expert basically saying he's too thick to use Twitter. Think that hits the nail on the head:
    http://www.nme.com/news/james-arthur/74005

I think if you think a little longer on this, you might see that this James Arthur story reflects a form of class discrimination.
    Have a read at Owen Jones, who has put a bit of thought into 'chav' culture.

The demonisation of the working class -review
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soullover wrote: »
    Oh for god's sake - battle lyrics!:rolleyes:
    Where exactly is it written that rap is immune to the normal laws covering racism and homophobia.? Rap is no different to any other form of expression on that score and should observe the law like anyone else -clearly rappers don't but then they're not all Simon Cowell's X Factor winners are they?;).

Theres no denying that he is stupid. But he didn't release a homophobic song or give a homophobic or racist interview (as far as i know) he's not telling people to discriminate against a certain section of society..it was a stupid little rap battle on twitter.why is saying you look queer to someone who was attacking his looks so offensive.
    If he had said to this guy you sound/look like a girl would everyone say he's being sexist. he didn't say i don't like all gays he was directing his dumb rap at a certain person who started on him first and who probably isn't even gay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its never OK to discriminate against anyone, otherwise we become like how Germany was before a little War you might have heard of happened when a chap called Hitler was calling the shots. That is maybe why us Brits more than any other country don't tolerate discrimination, because history has taught us where it can lead. The fact that so many fans of rap considering it to be fine to do so in this day and age is truly embarrassing.

You are embarrassing yourself making comparisons with one of the most evil men ever who killed millions of innocents to a guy who won a talent show and had a rap battle on twitter.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    You are embarrassing yourself making comparisons with one of the most evil men ever who killed millions of innocents to a guy who won a talent show and had a rap battle on twitter.

no, you are the one embarrassing yourself by defending his use of anti-gay language.... for which his PR team have removed him from public view. They at least recognise the seriousness of this for his career even if you can't.
  • Options
    DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not what I said is it? Where in that statement I made did I say James Arthur WAS Hitler? Sorry you've just made me fall about in :D:D:D saying that! Its the mentality of discriminating against people that I was pointing out we don't tolerate in the UK so we don't become like the people that supported Hitler that was my point. And Amen to that. The point against Arthur is he is even more thick than we all first thought he was if he thought he could say something like that and not offend people.

At best he comes across like a stupid little boy who is hopelessly out of his depth, hence why his management have comically told him to go on "sick leave." He's probably in reality getting some pretty urgent media training lessons on how to behave but I think its a bit too late now.

I also see no point in making out there is some sort of class war going on here against Arthur either. Everybody on here slagging Arthur off is doing so because he comes across as an nasty piece of work with a general lack of talent that has only got where he is today thanks to a reality show. His class has nothing to do with it and is not an excuse for his behaviour either.
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    I think if you think a little longer on this, you might see that this James Arthur story reflects a form of class discrimination.
    Have a read at Owen Jones, who has put a bit of thought into 'chav' culture.

The demonisation of the working class -review

i don't think the vilification of JA can be said to be a class issue. But you do raise a broader point. It's not discrimination per se this country won't tolerate, it's discrimination against anyone but the white working class - an ineffective pressure group. The word chav can be used by newspaper editors at will and nobody gives a shit, because of course the socio/economic circumstances people are born into, and their often difficult family background is their own fault:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The word chav can be used by newspaper editors at will and nobody gives a shit, because of course the socio/economic circumstances people are born into, and their often difficult family background is their own fault:rolleyes:

I don't think being working class is a good excuse to behave like a chav and most working class people are not chavs! There are also many middle class chavs!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Just goes to show how people have inconsistencies with morality.

Exactly. I think Arthur is a big knob, but it makes me laugh how none of you will go at Eminem for saying far worse over and over and over again, even when he is approaching his forties. I suppose selling 100 million albums and being a bit of psycho yankee rough inherently changes the definition of homophobia...
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    I don't think being working class is a good excuse to behave like a chav and most working class people are not chavs! There are also many middle class chavs!

well as the CH bit refers to council house, i don't see how they can be middle class
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was an idiot for battling on twitter. if he was going to battle someone he should have done it face to face at 'don't flop'.if he was smart it could have been some good hype for him. typing it on twitter is not a good idea. instead of it being a throwaway line aimed at his opponent that comes and go's, he's decided to type his answer back on his profile so its been scrutinised and read over and over. He wasn't making a political statement.