Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• SMW1963SMW1963 Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wliag43 wrote: »
    Bit late but here is my report ….not as eloquent or wordy as some but you'll get the gist :)

DTTM Aberdeen

So the day is finally here when DTTM comes to Aberdeen. It started off well, went a bit pear shaped in the middle, then ended with the most amazing show performed by some incredible people.

I picked up DQ (Irene) to head into town to meet up with OS (Sarah) and family, then we settled down for a good old natter in Starbucks. I left Irene and Sarah to meander round the shops and went home.

Now the pear shaped bit…(picture the scene) …washed hair, plugged hairdryer in, switch on, BANG, dropped said hairdryer, left with burn and scorching to new top, sooty marks up arm and no electrics in the house!!! Fortunately OH is an electrician. Immediately after this we had the mother of all thunderstorms which actually scare the living daylights out of me!!! :eek:

Now on to the best bit….
    Driving along road to park the car, I said to Moira 'there's Artem' who was casually walking down the road, after almost crashing the car, Moira stopped and we waved liked mad to Artem who gave us a wave back and smiled. After parking the car we started walking to meet Sarah/Irene when something made me turn to look at all the trucks at back of the Music Hall and who should be walking down the road …only Robin!!! Needless to say we had to say hello to him but oh my, what a really lovely guy. So chatty, friendly!!! He asked if we were going inside (to VIP), said no but going to show, then he said would you like to come…err YES!! So basically we ended up as Robin's guests!! Moira and I had a quick bite to eat, basically shared scampi/chips then necked a glass of rose lol. We made our way back to the Music Hall where we were greeted at meet/greet by the tour manager who welcomed us, then we were shown were to wait. First in was Robin, who announced that Artem would be along shortly as he was getting dressed!!! Had another lovely chat with him then Artem makes an entrance http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz292/wliag43/Artem/DTTM/DTTM%20Aberdeen/artem020.jpg and everyone claps and cheers. Boy does he like wearing a kilt, he was really working it, said he loved the freedom and moved the hips so kilt to swing the kilt …he really loved it. We had a lovely chat with him, handed over some gifts one of which was some malt whisky to which he replied in that gorgeous Russian accent 'I like whisky, very much'…oh swoon time!!! I won't embarrass Irene by revealing what she said to Artem but this photo says it all http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz292/wliag43/Artem/DTTM/DTTM%20Aberdeen/071.jpg and Artem was so appreciative of what she said. To be honest, I thought she was going to pass out!!! 

Won't go into too much detail about the dances in case some haven't seen show yet but the dancing, music, band, singers were all outstanding. Lovely to see the VW live - beautiful, Kara's black corset costume for the cell block tango is more suited for this dance than the previous red outfit and swan lake costumes were better with the black/white theme. Kara's was a white cat suit with white voile and feathers including one in her hair, Artem had black feathers on front of his shirt. Like previous comments about the audience participation Artem is well suited to being the mc….great to see that side of his personality and very funny. Robin & Kristina's dances were fabulous. For the last dance Robin and Artem both wore kilts…those who have seen the show will know how fast and full on it is…well all I can say is the boys really went for it, twirled as much as they could to get the sway of the kilt …but do I say what was under the kilts….err no…but will say they weren't allowed to be 'true Scotsman' !!! Quite surprised at how slim their legs were, expected them to have more muscle!! After the show we made our way to the stage door (as you do)…band members first, followed by the singers, Robin, (don't remember seeing Kristina), then Kara and Artem….they were very generous with their time but were hurried along in the end.

So all in all a great day catching up some lovely friends and seeing the amazing show which is DTTM - if you've not seen the show yet, then you are in for a treat

A great report wiliag :D Thank you.. I bet Artem did not want to give his kilt back;)

I have managed to get tickets for Blackpool so roll on Saturday:D You just can't get enough of this show.!!!
    Hope it's not true what tvqueen has said there might not be a tour like this again.:cry:
  • silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    Bit late but here is my report ….not as eloquent or wordy as some but you'll get the gist :)

DTTM Aberdeen

So the day is finally here when DTTM comes to Aberdeen. It started off well, went a bit pear shaped in the middle, then ended with the most amazing show performed by some incredible people.

I picked up DQ (Irene) to head into town to meet up with OS (Sarah) and family, then we settled down for a good old natter in Starbucks. I left Irene and Sarah to meander round the shops and went home.

Now the pear shaped bit…(picture the scene) …washed hair, plugged hairdryer in, switch on, BANG, dropped said hairdryer, left with burn and scorching to new top, sooty marks up arm and no electrics in the house!!! Fortunately OH is an electrician. Immediately after this we had the mother of all thunderstorms which actually scare the living daylights out of me!!! :eek:

Now on to the best bit….
    Driving along road to park the car, I said to Moira 'there's Artem' who was casually walking down the road, after almost crashing the car, Moira stopped and we waved liked mad to Artem who gave us a wave back and smiled. After parking the car we started walking to meet Sarah/Irene when something made me turn to look at all the trucks at back of the Music Hall and who should be walking down the road …only Robin!!! Needless to say we had to say hello to him but oh my, what a really lovely guy. So chatty, friendly!!! He asked if we were going inside (to VIP), said no but going to show, then he said would you like to come…err YES!! So basically we ended up as Robin's guests!! Moira and I had a quick bite to eat, basically shared scampi/chips then necked a glass of rose lol. We made our way back to the Music Hall where we were greeted at meet/greet by the tour manager who welcomed us, then we were shown were to wait. First in was Robin, who announced that Artem would be along shortly as he was getting dressed!!! Had another lovely chat with him then Artem makes an entrance http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz292/wliag43/Artem/DTTM/DTTM%20Aberdeen/artem020.jpg and everyone claps and cheers. Boy does he like wearing a kilt, he was really working it, said he loved the freedom and moved the hips so kilt to swing the kilt …he really loved it. We had a lovely chat with him, handed over some gifts one of which was some malt whisky to which he replied in that gorgeous Russian accent 'I like whisky, very much'…oh swoon time!!! I won't embarrass Irene by revealing what she said to Artem but this photo says it all http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz292/wliag43/Artem/DTTM/DTTM%20Aberdeen/071.jpg and Artem was so appreciative of what she said. To be honest, I thought she was going to pass out!!! 

Won't go into too much detail about the dances in case some haven't seen show yet but the dancing, music, band, singers were all outstanding. Lovely to see the VW live - beautiful, Kara's black corset costume for the cell block tango is more suited for this dance than the previous red outfit and swan lake costumes were better with the black/white theme. Kara's was a white cat suit with white voile and feathers including one in her hair, Artem had black feathers on front of his shirt. Like previous comments about the audience participation Artem is well suited to being the mc….great to see that side of his personality and very funny. Robin & Kristina's dances were fabulous. For the last dance Robin and Artem both wore kilts…those who have seen the show will know how fast and full on it is…well all I can say is the boys really went for it, twirled as much as they could to get the sway of the kilt …but do I say what was under the kilts….err no…but will say they weren't allowed to be 'true Scotsman' !!! Quite surprised at how slim their legs were, expected them to have more muscle!! After the show we made our way to the stage door (as you do)…band members first, followed by the singers, Robin, (don't remember seeing Kristina), then Kara and Artem….they were very generous with their time but were hurried along in the end.

So all in all a great day catching up some lovely friends and seeing the amazing show which is DTTM - if you've not seen the show yet, then you are in for a treat :D:D

Great report wliag43. So pleased you got to meet Bobby and Artem at the greet and meet before the show. Whatever denburn quine said to Artem he certainly appreciated it. Just wish his Mum was coming over to see him this year. Artem's Aunties would all love a bear hug;)

TVqueen1905's pre-show post sounds rather ominous. Perhaps the football has put people off going along to see the show. We could have filled the theatre from DS I am sure.:)
  • wliag43wliag43 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great report wliag43. So pleased you got to meet Bobby and Artem at the greet and meet before the show. Whatever denburn quine said to Artem he certainly appreciated it. Just wish his Mum was coming over to see him this year. Artem's Aunties would all love a bear hug;)

TVqueen's pre-show post sounds rather ominous. Perhaps the football has put people off going along to see the show. We could have filled the theatre from DS I am sure.:)

Robin said they were slightly disappointed with the Edinburgh venue. Although it was a beautiful hall it was too large and therefore not sold out...he said Aberdeen was sold out although there were a few empty seats.
  • yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

DTTM Aberdeen

Now on to the best bit….

So all in all a great day catching up some lovely friends and seeing the amazing show which is DTTM - if you've not seen the show yet, then you are in for a treat :D:D

What a wonderful report wliag, what an evening you had , I bet you can hardly believe it even now . I hope your arm is OK now ,but what happened later would make up for it I suppose. The photos were marvelous , and Artem looks superb in his kilt, If anyone would know how to make it swing then Artem is your man , with his hip movement he was born to wear a kilt.;)I am so glad that you were all treated to the special meeting , Irene did look so happy too, I am not surprised with Artems arm round her though , any one would do .The show sounds wonderful and the new costumes will be more in keeping too, if Artem was not happy with the other ones , they must have been wrong , but it was probably because of his late return from LV, you mentioned that both Bobby and Artem have slim legs , it seems so strange , like you I would have thought their legs would be well muscled, they would not have any fat on their legs ,with all the exercise ,but their chests and arms get bigger with exercise , so why dont their legs . Its one of the questions I would love to ask Artem , if I ever got the chance .

Thank you for giving us all the lovely titbits and personal details , I an so pleased for you and all the friends you met up with .:)
  • MayadewiMayadewi Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silversandy : I asked TVqueen on the other thread whether she meant the tour as a whole hadn't sold well or just Newcastle so they would miss that out on future tours. Hope she can throw some light on it later on tonight or tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robin said they were slightly disappointed with the Edinburgh venue. Although it was a beautiful hall it was too large and therefore not sold out...he said Aberdeen was sold out although there were a few empty seats.

I am rather worried that the Sheffield city hall will be too big , it holds about 2400,and there has been very little publicity , I would not have known it was happening if I was not on DS, I think the injury to Artem scuppered a lot of the forward advertising and local interviews, Bobby and Kristina did as much as they could , but there was a limit to what they could do on their own . I hope it does not put them off doing another tour next year .
    Forum Member
    yungathart wrote: »
    I am rather worried that the Sheffield city hall will be too big , it holds about 2400,and there has been very little publicity , I would not have known it was happening if I was not on DS, I think the injury to Artem scuppered a lot of the forward advertising and local interviews, Bobby and Kristina did as much as they could , but there was a limit to what they could do on their own . I hope it does not put them off doing another tour next year .

The Pavilion Theatre at Bournemouth seats about 1200 people. As it is a seaside theatre I am confident they will get bums on seats. People love going to see shows especially if the weather isn't very good.
  • Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodevening Ladies. we had a great time at Glasgow last night, the Show was just brilliant from beginning to end. We had great seats, we were in the front row of a low balcony and were just yards from the Stage. The theatre wasn,t packed but it was pretty full. It is a large venue.
    When the Fab 4 came on for the 1st dance Artem was standing at our side of the Stage and was so close I thought I was going to faint and I felt very emotional seeing him so close Oh the Hands!!!! Kara is so lovely and Robin and Kristina were grerat as well. They are fabulous dancers but I can,t remember all the dances in sequence.
    The Band were fabulous and the singers were great. I am so mad at myself as I forgot to buy a program in all the excitement.
    I loved all KandA,s dances and the dresses were gorgeous. The Swan Dance with Kara wearing white was breathtaking and their VW was superb and the Cell block Tango was great.
    Robin and Kristina were fabulous and their Over the Rainbow dance was great and so was their Rumba, in fact I found it very moving. The music to that was lovely although I don,t know what it was called.
    Yes Silversandy the Boys were wearing their Kilts and they looked Fantastic and again Artem was at our side of the Stage so what a view we had. They were both great at whirling their Kilts but they wern,t true Scotsman. They obviously loved wearing them.
    Forgot to mention the audience participation part, it was a right hoot and Artem is so natural at it.The night went by so quickly and I would love to see it again, can,t believe it is over.
    On the way out I spoke to Eselle so that was nice, I would have loved to have gone to the stage door but my friends were keen to get to the car and on our way.
    It was a fabulous night and Hope that they do it again. Robin announced about them being back in Strictly, so that was great news.
    IMO the Show is very slick and well presented.
    Forum Member
    Lou69 wrote: »
    Goodevening Ladies. we had a great time at Glasgow last night, the Show was just brilliant from beginning to end. We had great seats, we were in the front row of a low balcony and were just yards from the Stage. The theatre wasn,t packed but it was pretty full. It is a large venue.
    When the Fab 4 came on for the 1st dance Artem was standing at our side of the Stage and was so close I thought I was going to faint and I felt very emotional seeing him so close Oh the Hands!!!! Kara is so lovely and Robin and Kristina were grerat as well. They are fabulous dancers but I can,t remember all the dances in sequence.
    The Band were fabulous and the singers were great. I am so mad at myself as I forgot to buy a program in all the excitement.
    I loved all KandA,s dances and the dresses were gorgeous. The Swan Dance with Kara wearing white was breathtaking and their VW was superb and the Cell block Tango was great.
    Robin and Kristina were fabulous and their Over the Rainbow dance was great and so was their Rumba, in fact I found it very moving. The music to that was lovely although I don,t know what it was called.
    Yes Silversandy the Boys were wearing their Kilts and they looked Fantastic and again Artem was at our side of the Stage so what a view we had. They were both great at whirling their Kilts but they wern,t true Scotsman. They obviously loved wearing them.
    Forgot to mention the audience participation part, it was a right hoot and Artem is so natural at it.The night went by so quickly and I would love to see it again, can,t believe it is over.
    On the way out I spoke to Eselle so that was nice, I would have loved to have gone to the stage door but my friends were keen to get to the car and on our way.
    It was a fabulous night and Hope that they do it again. Robin announced about them being back in Strictly, so that was great news.

Thank you for your report Lou69. Glad to hear you saw Artem and Bobby wearing their kilts. The only show that received any adverse comments was the first. Although I was imazed to read that people had left in the interval at one of the shows because of the lack of dancing. Members of Artem's thread and the K&A thread have all enjoyed the show. Some people have returned to see the show again which is always a positive sign. Shame you forgot your programme. I think Richard Curwen said something about people being able to buy programmes and merchandise at a later date. He promised a Blog on the Strictly Presents site but he is always late with his news:rolleyes: Reading the posts on DS is a terrific way of finding out quickly about the shows and dancers.
    Forum Member
    Armen Way‏@armenway

We are officially extended until beginning of August ))) yahoo #dwtslv

I pray Artem's Visa is sorted now until the end of the year and he stays away from Las Vegas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A lovely report Lou69, so glad you got good seats and were so close to Artem,and him wearing his kilt too, he looks wonderful in it.You should be able to get a programme Richard said there will be things on sale on line .

Thank you for letting us share your trip to the show .all these wonderful reports are making me very excited about going next week .:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Armen Way‏@armenway

We are officially extended until beginning of August ))) yahoo #dwtslv

I pray Artem's Visa is sorted now until the end of the year and he stays away from Las Vegas.

I second that silversandy ,dont want him to go there again , sometimes I think the people producing these shows ,dont worry about what effect it is having on the personel ,as there are plenty of other artists to fill the space .:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    Great reports from everyone thank you for sharing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I no i should come on here more but i love reading all the reports thanku so much for sharing and glad u all had a great time and the photos of course and seeing the boys in the kilts well WOW:D:D
    Cant wait to see the show in bournemouth now 10 days to go whoop:):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yungathart wrote: »
    I second that silversandy ,dont want him to go there again , sometimes I think the people producing these shows ,dont worry about what effect it is having on the personel ,as there are plenty of other artists to fill the space .:(

And I third that Yungathart, I just wish he could get settled in the UK, he has said he would like to.
  • dollysiddollysid Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fantastic audience in Newcastle!* A packed house at York Barbican awaits #DTTM tomorrow

http://twitter.com/#!/StrictlyPres/status/215918290130833409

Sounds like the next venue in York is full :)
    Forum Member
    A warm welcome if not a full house.

8m SCD Band‏@SCDband

The Geordies didn't let us down! Fantastic crowd, as always! Up dancing to our first song! Thanks for having us xxx

2m カト★‏@potter

AMAZING show tonight from @artemchigvintse @ktointon @KRihanoff @Robinwindsor @scdband - newcastle thanks you!
    Forum Member

Thank you for all the wonderful photos wliag43. You have spoilt us tonight. I will probably be tongue-tied when I meet Artem and Bobby. I will have to try and think of some intelligent questions to ask rather than just stand gawping at them.:):p:D

Sorry, I meant to ask if you have recovered from your mishap with the hairdryer. Sounded quite scary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mean,t to say I didn,t see any sign of anyone taking photos at Glasgow although nothing was said. Also there were several standing ovations for various things and of course at the end for our 'Kilties'.
  • wliag43wliag43 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for all the wonderful photos wliag43. You have spoilt us tonight. I will probably be tongue-tied when I meet Artem and Bobby. I will have to try and think of some intelligent questions to ask rather than just stand gawping at them.:):p:D

Sorry, I meant to ask if you have recovered from your mishap with the hairdryer. Sounded quite scary.

Everything ok SS...well except for a brand new top which now has a hole and scorch marks all over front :(
  • EselleEselle Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mean,t to say I didn,t see any sign of anyone taking photos at Glasgow although nothing was said. Also there were several standing ovations for various things and of course at the end for our 'Kilties'.

I took a few photographs can only be seen on K and A fans FB page.
    Forum Member
    Eselle wrote: »
    I took a few photographs can only be seen on K and A fans FB page.

Where and how can we see them Eselle? Do you have to join K&A fan page?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will say Goodnight Ladies and to all going to DTTM over the weekend, ENJOY!!!.
    Sweet Dreams x.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

TVqueen1905's pre-show post sounds rather ominous. Perhaps the football has put people off going along to see the show. We could have filled the theatre from DS I am sure.:)

it didn't help that there was a bug gig in sunderland tonight

but the tour director i spoke to pre show didn't sound too optomistic
This discussion has been closed.