Options

It's been 3 weeks now.

Johnny_SinclairJohnny_Sinclair Posts: 1,538
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Our lovely Harry (SH Tabby) has been missing for 3 weeks now. I've leafletted the area and posted on FB but to no avail. He didn't appear to be unwell but had lost a bit of weight according to his last "MOT" in July. He came to us as a stray back in 2007 and was I think about 2/3 years years old then. I really do miss him. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    daisy_johnsdaisy_johns Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be devastating for you, sometimes it is worse when they just disappear as you'll always wonder what has happened to him.

Maybe he has been locked in somewhere? Sometimes people do go away for a lengthy time, or maybe he got into someone's car? Not much reassurance I know but don't give up hope, I have a friend whose cat went missing for 4 weeks and he did eventually turn up, a little bit worse for wear.

Hope he returns soon.
  • Options
    SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    I do hope he turns up soon. A couple of years ago mine went missing and turned up at the front door exactly 4 weeks later. She must have got herself trapped inside somewhere as she had lost lots of weight and obviously hadn't been living rough outside. My fingers are crossed for you.
  • Options
    Peg ODwyerPeg ODwyer Posts: 43,117
    Forum Member
    I hope he turns up safe & sound.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our lovely Harry (SH Tabby) has been missing for 3 weeks now. I've leafletted the area and posted on FB but to no avail. He didn't appear to be unwell but had lost a bit of weight according to his last "MOT" in July. He came to us as a stray back in 2007 and was I think about 2/3 years years old then. I really do miss him. :cry:

Is he microchipped?
  • Options
    DougalGeorgeDougalGeorge Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    My sister in laws cat turned up after 3 months. A bit skinnier but otherwise fine. Goodness knows where he'd been.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Have you been out calling for him? Just listen for a meow. He could be shut in somewhere. We found our cat cowering in a bush after we think being clipped by a car, He was fine after we got him home.

Cats have been known to go missing for weeks/months and then just turn up again too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Is he microchipped?

Yes he is microchipped.
  • Options
    MidiboyMidiboy Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    Any news on your cat?

Our next door neighbour's cat, Kiri, adopted us when we moved in 5 years ago and has since spent more time in our house than her own. She went missing 9 days ago and when I last saw her she was a perfectly happy and healthy cat, albeit 17 yrs old. We've canvassed the neighbours and trekked the streets but there's just no sign of her.

It's really unlike her to stray off her patch and disappear for such a long time. I feel guilty for putting her outside last Wednesday night but I assumed she'd just go home next door as usual. At least I'd have closure if something terrible had happened and there was a body but this uncertainly is just awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Midiboy wrote: »
    Any news on your cat?

Sadly not. I think we can assume that Harry is now MPD.:cry:

The same thing happened to us a few years ago when a neighbours cat adopted us and spent more time in our house than his own. Unfortunately one night he went out , with Harry, but the next morning another neighbour knocked on my door to say that there was a dead cat on their drive and they think it's the cat that came into our garden.....sadly it was Woody.
  • Options
    Majik1Majik1 Posts: 6,968
    Forum Member
    Please don't give up. My cat was missing for 6 weeks and i, like you had her as a rescue. She came back and didn't want to leave my side again.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's hard but back in the summer we found a cat under our caravan, managed to get him out, he was in a bad way but vet was great and found he was microchipped so got hold of the owners. Last we heard he was home happy and healthy after being lost for five and a half months ! Where he had been no one knows but he has now become a house cat and refuses to go outside so I think he had a terrible fright.

Three weeks is nothing when you see cats found like this.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    A friend's cat went missing for six months. I called around to see her one day, and this cat was sitting on the front door step. I rang the bell and she opened her window (she lived upstairs on the first floor, so always looked out the window to see who it was), and I said to her, "Isn't this your cat that went missing about six months ago?" It was.
  • Options
    wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    A friend's cat went missing for six months. I called around to see her one day, and this cat was sitting on the front door step. I rang the bell and she opened her window (she lived upstairs on the first floor, so always looked out the window to see who it was), and I said to her, "Isn't this your cat that went missing about six months ago?" It was.

What a lovely surprise for her. Cats they make you despair at times, although we love all their little foibles.

Hope OP cat returns like this one did very soon