Options

Sky Q remote issue - jumping forward and back

JRNSUFF99JRNSUFF99 Posts: 634
Forum Member
✭✭
I have a weird issue with my remote with Sky Q.

When viewing a recorded programme or watching via live pause, without warning the programme will start going forward and back like it has been possessed by the devil. The more I try to press buttons on the remote, the worse it gets.

I can stop it by removing a battery from the remote and then it seems to return to normal again.

Anyone else have this issue or have an idea what could be causing this? Could another bluetooth device plugged into the TV be causing a weird conflict?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JRNSUFF99 wrote: »
    I have a weird issue with my remote with Sky Q.

When viewing a recorded programme or watching via live pause, without warning the programme will start going forward and back like it has been possessed by the devil. The more I try to press buttons on the remote, the worse it gets.

I can stop it by removing a battery from the remote and then it seems to return to normal again.

Anyone else have this issue or have an idea what could be causing this? Could another bluetooth device plugged into the TV be causing a weird conflict?

Thanks

The fact that removing the batteries from the remote fixes it shows it is the remote causes the issue, not another device.

It happens on mine sometimes, as you say, I just remove the battery, count to ten, and put it back in, I believe it is a known issue.
  • Options
    rscottrscott Posts: 6,813
    Forum Member
    Apparently the remotes can be affected by mobile phones, especially iPhones, if they're too near each other.
  • Options
    JRNSUFF99JRNSUFF99 Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rscott wrote: »
    Apparently the remotes can be affected by mobile phones, especially iPhones, if they're too near each other.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Edge mobile which is often fairly near to the remote. Really odd and very freaky when it happens!
  • Options
    BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately with so much tech now containing the same tech it's inevitable that conflicts will occur. With major companies like Samsung and Apple it's no doubt hard to get them to help as they probably don't care.
    My mini box in the bedroom often turns the tele on while asleep when I forget to move and switch off my Bose Bluetooth speaker.