ShopTo

bitebugbitebug Posts: 3,376
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They have the worst customer services ever (at least on Facebook)

Asked them if they were getting any stock of an item in. They deleted my comment (twice - second time when I questioned why they deleted it).
ShopTo.Net wrote: "is the new time facebook page and we are are just trying to keep it clean"

If you have anything negative about their service (game not arriving or something), they delete it.

Saw it happen a few times.

Phone service and forums are atrocious too.

Bunch of numpties - don't think I'll be ordering from them again despite their delivery track record.

:mad:

Comments

• sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bitebug wrote: »
    They have the worst customer services ever (at least on Facebook)

Asked them if they were getting any stock of an item in. They deleted my comment (twice - second time when I questioned why they deleted it).

If you have anything negative about their service (game not arriving or something), they delete it.

Saw it happen a few times.

Phone service and forums are atrocious too.

Bunch of numpties - don't think I'll be ordering from them again despite their delivery track record.

:mad:

Can't understand why they would delete a comment simply asking about stock. If you say something negative about them they will delete it so the comment doesn't deter prospective customers. Game are the same in this respect and will completely ignore a comment and not post it on twitter or reply. Actually if you go on the Game page on facebook at the minute nobody is there (in terms of Game staff) probably been no regulation for a while, there are loads of negative comments on it that could be to do with the fact they're about to go under though and have been trying to scale back for months.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Email them
  • lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never trusted them since stole my credit card details and used them to buy things from other websites, won't order from them again.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have used the live chat service on their website twice before and both times they have been fast and informative in their reply.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like them and there very quick too, who cares about what they do on facebook
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Well get use to them! which other online retailers give u a new release early?
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I can trust them with card details tbh, there website looks like it was designed and built by a 10 year old.
  • JimallJimall Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    I've had to contact them a few times and each time I got a reply in an acceptable amount of time. This has always been through the ticket system on their website, although I did talk via live chat once.

The most recent time I had to contact them was the day of the PSVita release. I asked them to send my Vita to an alternative address as there would be no one at my billing address. They confirmed everything was ok with the alternative address, including sending me a DPD tracking number which stated the correct address. At around 4pm on the day of delivery I had to ring DPD (you ever tried getting through to a human being at DPD??? :mad: ) to find out where they'd delivered to as there was a signature but no one I know had signed for it.... turns out ShopTo actually posted it to my billing address. Idiots. Their excuse was "because of the value of the order, the system defaulted to the billing address".

I've used ShopTo for around a year and a half. For the most part they are good but let themselves down by stupid things like the above.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    I'm not sure I can trust them with card details tbh, there website looks like it was designed and built by a 10 year old.

Then use paypal. Theres NOTHING wrong with shopto. People whining are just idiots who obviously don't have a clue how to protect themselves online.
  • DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used them for over 2 years, and found them to be fantastic.

Rang there customer service line once when my Black Ops order got stuck in processing, the guy was helpful, informative and within 5 minutes they'd sorted the problem out, even threw in a free t-shirt for the mess up.

Can't fault Shopto, I recommend them tons to people who ask where I get games from.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lym wrote: »
    Never trusted them since stole my credit card details and used them to buy things from other websites, won't order from them again.

I'm pretty sure they didn't do this. :rolleyes:
  • Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been using shopto for years now, never had a problem with them and always arrives so quickly. In fact I could not recommend them more, as I have always had great service from them. It could be that they want you to contact them via their website and not rely on facebook for everything.
  • lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ballybally wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they didn't do this. :rolleyes:

Well they were the only website i had bought something from with that card, so I can't see who else could have done it. :rolleyes:

Also if you search on google you will soon find info about security problems with their website. I'm not the only person this has happened to, there has even been a topic on DS about it before: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1054696&highlight=shopto
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Well they were the only website i had bought something from with that card, so I can't see who else could have done it. :rolleyes:

Also if you search on google you will soon find info about security problems with their website. I'm not the only person this has happened to, there has even been a topic on DS about it before: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1054696&highlight=shopto

this was not shopto.net.There was big security problem a few years ago ago it affected millions of people..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Security problems are one thing but accusing a website of stealing your card details and buying things is just stupid.
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never had any problems with them.

Competitive prices and reliable for pre-orders.

Although the website could do with a re-design.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Great prices,

Great service

Never had an issue with them .... but then i have never seen the need to contact them over facebook :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't want to start a new thread so though i'd search for and bump an old one

I must be either the unluckiest gamer or everyone saying shopto delivery early are trolling

This is the second time i've ordered from shopto and if the game doesn't come tomorrow i'll be pissed off as i won't even be able to buy it from a shop as the money has already been spent

i'm aware of the irony that comes with complaining i haven't gotten a game early, but when 99% of gamers get games early, i think i can have a little moan

edit: the royal mail really are getting worse by the day, the morning mail just arrived at 1.45pm i.e not in the bloody morning

i remember when i was in school (not more than a decade ago) the mail would come before i left the house at 8.30am, how the hell has the service gotten so bad, when there must be less letters to deliver nowadays
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »

I must be either the unluckiest gamer or everyone saying shopto delivery early are trolling

This is the second time i've ordered from shopto and if the game doesn't come tomorrow i'll be pissed off as i won't even be able to buy it from a shop as the money has already been spent

i'm aware of the irony that comes with complaining i haven't gotten a game early, but when 99% of gamers get games early, i think i can have a little moan

edit: the royal mail really are getting worse by the day, the morning mail just arrived at 1.45pm i.e not in the bloody morning

i remember when i was in school (not more than a decade ago) the mail would come before i left the house at 8.30am, how the hell has the service gotten so bad, when there must be less letters to deliver nowadays

I would say you are the Unluckiest gamer then :) - I have done a few pre-orders that I have received a day earlier than release. However expecting it to come early and complaining when it doesn't is a little wrong wouldn't you say. I never expect it to arrive early but I am pleasantly surprised when it does. Is it released tomorrow?

And I am not defending royal mail - as I really am not a fan of them - but I don't believe they have a Morning Service any more they have one delivery a day and if your area is in the afternoon slot that day then you will get it in the afternoon. I agree the service has gone downhill though, I have been waiting for an item to arrive since December 17th :)
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ours arrived at 2:15pm. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member

All about profit over service!!

Less postie's doing more rounds I suspect!!

As for shopto - I guess your unlucky. Every time I order I get it early but I always see that as a bonus not a right :)
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All about profit over service!!

Less postie's doing more rounds I suspect!!

As for shopto - I guess your unlucky. Every time I order I get it early but I always see that as a bonus not a right :)

We have two posties for our area (which is quite small really) when my dad was a postman many moons ago he had a larger area he had to do in the morning and then get the second class post for the afternoon round. And he didn't get a van to store the post bags like they do today either :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The last two games I pre-ordered from shopto came on release day even though I got a dispatch email on the Tuesday so I think they've either been warned to stop doing it or they've taken it upon themselves to stop sending them out early.

They still do the compensation if it doesn't arrive by release day though I think but I'm finding that other places are getting cheaper than shopto now so I'm not really using them as much.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same thing happened to me. Never used them again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Email them

Really, he or she shouldn't need to. Social media opens up the can of worms that companies need to take criticism on the chin. They should also respond and just be big enough to tell the truth - others likely have the same question.

I think it's right that if they try to hide something that it should be brought even more to people's attention.