Options

New Channels... A MASSIVE WELL DONE VIRGIN!

War OnWar On Posts: 1,448
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Credit where it's due, I'm astonished at the amount of channels added over the past month or two.

Sure ITV2/3/4 in HD would still be very nice (and pretty much complete the platform IMO), but I'm not greedy - just hopeful ;)

Comments

• Options
    weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    While getting some new channels is always a good thing, most of the channels added have been low end offerings. Still no Sky Atlantic or Sky Sports 3 and 4 in HD.
  • Options
    stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    While getting some new channels is always a good thing, most of the channels added have been low end offerings. Still no Sky Atlantic or Sky Sports 3 and 4 in HD.

we will never see those.

Sky won their appeal in the consultation, they dont have to provide those if they don't want to.
  • Options
    Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,333
    Forum Member
    Still no Sky Atlantic or Sky Sports 3 and 4 in HD.
    Apparently Virgin current carriage deal with Sky for Sky premium channels is due for renewal in june.

and there is also this survey
    http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35514088-post2693.html

I also think a new carriage deal will include the rights for the Sky Premium channels to be on the TV Anywhere app.

Sky basic channels on TV Anywhere app are still TBC , Personally I think that will come as part of a deal which includes Sky Atlantic , Sky Sports News HD and Sky News HD.
  • Options
    dannylaudannylau Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martine93 wrote: »
    Apparently Virgin current carriage deal with Sky for Sky premium channels is due for renewal in june.

I also think a new carriage deal will include the rights for the Sky Premium channels to be on the TV Anywhere app.

Sky basic channels on TV Anywhere app are still TBC , Personally I think that will come as part of a deal which includes Sky Atlantic , Sky Sports News HD and Sky News HD.

That means I'll have to stream Game of Thrones again this year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SS HD 3&4 and Atlantic aren't on offer as far as Sky allowing VM to have those channels. That's out of their control.

I mentioned the ITV HD channels that are missing as IMO there's a realistic possibility of VM gaining access at some point.

Still think the channels added recently are a massive step forward - everything helps and ultimately personally I wanted to praise the progress rather than just focus on what we don't have.

Of course the channels mentioned are available to you, just not with VM - so you do have a choice.
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am only on the M+ package, what new channels have been added as the only one that I can think has been added recently is channel 214 I think, the ID channel
  • Options
    Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of Virgin Media getting Sky Sports F1 HD?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »
    I am only on the M+ package, what new channels have been added as the only one that I can think has been added recently is channel 214 I think, the ID channel

Not sure. As my profile says, I have XL so understandably my comments refer to the package I subscribe to.

I'm not even sure if ID is a new channel or a re-brand of another?
  • Options
    oibaldyoibaldy Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    martine93 wrote: »

Thanks for those concrete facts. I was just about to cancel my VM subscription but this has changed my mind.
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M+ have recently had More4 +1 (196) as well also Cartoon Network, TCM, TCM2 & Syfy have moved into M+ there may be more but cant think just now but Investigation Discovery is quite good :)
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    War On wrote: »
    Credit where it's due, I'm astonished at the amount of channels added over the past month or two.

Quantity rather than quality I would say.
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iqbal_M wrote: »
    Any chance of Virgin Media getting Sky Sports F1 HD?
    No, Sky won't give access to the HD channels to their competitors.
    They only give access to Sky Sports 1 & 2 in HD because they had to.
    War On wrote: »
    Not sure. As my profile says, I have XL so understandably my comments refer to the package I subscribe to.

I'm not even sure if ID is a new channel or a re-brand of another?
    It is just a rebrand of the "Investigation Discovery" channel.
  • Options
    spj20016spj20016 Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    I think it is new to VM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your right, it has just been added to VM, my bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »

Considering I said I was astonished by the amount of channels, I'll take it from reading your post that u agree with me ;)
  • Options
    TAZMANUKTAZMANUK Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slate for style on channel 285
  • Options
    Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dannylau wrote: »
    That means I'll have to stream Game of Thrones again this year

Why stream it? Just press 108 on your Sky remote and watch it on Sky Atlantic HD:D:D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TAZMANUK wrote: »

Good spot. So another on the way.

Maybe they entered negotiations re a lot of channels around the same time and the carriage agreements are starting to come through now and are getting signed off.

Maybe more to come... :eek:
  • Options
    CraigSteele2001CraigSteele2001 Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TAZMANUK wrote: »

Is the channel called Slate for style? Haven't put telly on yet to see this new channel whatever it is about
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the channel called Slate for style? Haven't put telly on yet to see this new channel whatever it is about
    The name of the channel is "The Style Network".

The slate is just what the channels shows until the channel actually launches.
  • Options
    JohnBoy1959JohnBoy1959 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    From Cable Forum:
    Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Virgin Media to add some new Channels - should launch on Thursday.

I can now reveal that the following channels should launch on Thursday on Virgin Media:

Channels to launch:
    -ITV2 HD to launch on Virgin Channel 176 on the XL Package.
    -ITV3 HD to launch on Virgin Channel 177 on the XL Package.
    -ITV4 HD to launch on Virgin Channel 178 on the XL Package.

-No word yet on when E! HD, Universal HD and Animal Planet HD will launch on Virgin Media.

NOTE: I do not work for Virgin Media so all the information on this post is still subject to change.

©copyright 2013 Media Boy 2006 - 2013. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
  • Options
    nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Is this happening? Woo hoo! :D
  • Options
    Dave_GosportDave_Gosport Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    From Cable Forum:
    Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: Virgin Media to add some new Channels - should launch on Thursday.

I can now reveal that the following channels should launch on Thursday on Virgin Media:

Channels to launch:
    -ITV2 HD to launch on Virgin Channel 176 on the XL Package.
    -ITV3 HD to launch on Virgin Channel 177 on the XL Package.
    -ITV4 HD to launch on Virgin Channel 178 on the XL Package.

-No word yet on when E! HD, Universal HD and Animal Planet HD will launch on Virgin Media.

NOTE: I do not work for Virgin Media so all the information on this post is still subject to change.

©copyright 2013 Media Boy 2006 - 2013. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.

About bloody time too!! Woohoooo! Thanks Virgin Media for the long wait!

Whats next? Sky News HD maybe?? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »

i thort it would be the oppersit.. QUALITY not quantity..