The Ratings Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Who is up to 8.187m as of today with two days of timeshifting left. (courtesy Yog101)
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,974
    Forum Member
    Who is up to 8.187m as of today with two days of timeshifting left. (courtesy Yog101)

So that's roughly 2m already - brilliant :)
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOWIE: 932k
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh! Can it reach 8.3m?? It's going to be tight.

But 2m on time shift is great.

Ken
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Motorway Cops - 3.58m (15.1%)
    Hillsborough – Never Forgotten - 830k (3.5%)
    One Born Every Minute - 2.31m (9.8%)

Thanks Hassaan do you have the ratings for Masterchef as well please thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that's roughly 2m already - brilliant :)

Yah that is pretty amazing in fairness just goes to show overnights are not everything
    Forum Member
    Thanks Hassaan do you have the ratings for Masterchef as well please thanks

4.9m. Won the 8pm slot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for the Grand National, I suppose it's inevitable that C4 would be going to town on the promotionals, although it does seem a bit tacky (Alan Carr's National Spectacular - wtf??!)

I do wonder though if this could now be the final death throes for this absurdly cruel race. Hidden on the margins, it will hasten the astonishing decline in audiences over recent years as the mood has turned. Indeed, I do suspect there will be some lingering unease amongst the sour-faced lefties who run C4 that they even have to show it at all (can you imagine Jon Snow, the channel's on-screen figurehead, jumping with joy and high fiving at this particular acquisition?).

So it will be very interesting to see the peak and the average. I'd be surprised if it peaked above 9m and if the race itself averaged much more than 6-7m.

Last year it did really well on the beeb with an 11m peak. The whole program averaged 4m. And is lodged in 30th place on last years top 30's for the week it was on.

I think it will be quite violently down because I haven't myself seen or heard as much promotion or hype as last year. Okay they have posters up but I think they are unclear and I don't watch much C4 so I haven't seen a single trailer.

Last year I saw the beeb trailer every day for a week or so, Heard the trailer on the radio into work, saw promotion on my homepage(BBC Homepage) turning on my internet browser. Now that's just me but I can't believe I am the only one who has noticed. It doesn't help that the last time I turned C4 on apart from racing was the paralympics.

That's why I think it will be down. 7m peak a most.

Now the national will always probably bring in excellent numbers but I fear for the likes of The derby, royal ascot, and the other meting the BBC did. They won't be getting over a million now.

Do we know the averages for the BBC Two coverage of the first two days of the grand national meeting (that's the Thursday and Friday numbers). I wonder how good they were in the first place. Surly they weer above 1m.

Ken
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Awful timeslot, no one is going to watch it at 6:15pm, the BBC are idiots for putting there, it's going to get cancelled, someone pass the tissues.
    Forum Member
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Oh! Can it reach 8.3m?? It's going to be tight.

But 2m on time shift is great.

Ken

It will probably end up beating Asylum of the Daleks' 8.3million despite having a lower overnight rating than that episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4.9m. Won the 8pm slot.

It's really doing quite well now Masterchef. It started poorly and is now really doing well in the 8pm slot which I think is made for it.

Look's like they are airing the apprentice really late this year. Could possibly hurt it's figures even more. But hey they have an excuse now! :D

I don't think it will be down much on last year. But Entertainment (we keep saying it) is a mess on BBC One. BBC two is actually quite good at I think. It finds it's little niches and throws a complete curve ball at you.

But when BBC One does Entertainment it's a total after thought. They need some new formats. I don't care where they come from. They need some.

Does anybody have a list of LE commissions for BBC One ( that haven't aired yet). I bet it's poor.

Ken
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georged123 wrote: »
    Awful timeslot, no one is going to watch it at 6:15pm, the BBC are idiots for putting there, it's going to get cancelled, someone pass the tissues.

Too be fair hardly anyone did watch it at 6.15 did they heh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D

That's a great bit of sarcasm! :)

George I bet someone will take your comment the wrong way! :D

Oh! Classic.:p

Ken
    Forum Member

More people probably watch it on a sunday than live at 6:15pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4.9m. Won the 8pm slot.

Thanks again Hassan glad to see its still doing well. Although it dosent half make you hungry :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »

That's actually true.What 4.7m watched live? It's basically nearly doubled it's live audience.

A gross over estimation there! :D

Ken
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    It's really doing quite well now Masterchef. It started poorly and is now really doing well in the 8pm slot which I think is made for it.

Look's like they are airing the apprentice really late this year. Could possibly hurt it's figures even more. But hey they have an excuse now! :D

I don't think it will be down much on last year. But Entertainment (we keep saying it) is a mess on BBC One. BBC two is actually quite good at I think. It finds it's little niches and throws a complete curve ball at you.

But when BBC One does Entertainment it's a total after thought. They need some new formats. I don't care where they come from. They need some.

Does anybody have a list of LE commissions for BBC One ( that haven't aired yet). I bet it's poor.

Ken

Awww I actually really enjoy the apprentice granted last year was a bit boring but that's more of the contestants fault
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    And thats the point, so many DW viewers timeshift so when the BBC schedule it doesn't really matter too much. It's pretty telling that last year's opener got 8.33m at 7:20pm and last Saturday's episode is likely to beat that whilst starting over an hour earlier.
    Forum Member
    And thats the point, so many DW viewers timeshift so when the BBC schedule it doesn't really matter too much. It's pretty telling that last year's opener got 8.33m at 7:20pm and last Saturday's episode is likely to beat that whilst starting over an hour earlier.

Scheduling does matter though - when 7x03 had merlin's slot (after strictly) last year it did much better than any of the other episodes because it inherited some extra strictly viewers who watched it live in addition to the usual timeshifters.
  • JoshuaRyJoshuaRy Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Scott & Bailey should've done better IMO, I expected about 7 million. However, season two did end on 6.44 according to Wiki so maybe what it got was about right.

It isn't a bad figure however I can't help feel that Food Glorious Food has dented it, surely ITV could pull the plug?! Shove it to a Sunday 4pm slot or something! I don't get why they're just letting it hemorrhage viewers for its 9pm programme! Then again, what could replace it which could do a bit better ratings wise? I'm not sure.
  • andrewskatie143andrewskatie143 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Scott & Bailey should've done better IMO, I expected about 7 million. However, season two did end on 6.44 according to Wiki so maybe what it got was about right.

It isn't a bad figure however I can't help feel that Food Glorious Food has dented it, surely ITV could pull the plug?! Shove it to a Sunday 4pm slot or something! I don't get why they're just letting it hemorrhage viewers for its 9pm programme! Then again, what could replace it which could do a bit better ratings wise? I'm not sure.

6.1m is an excellent rating especially for a Wednesday drama with a poor lead in. However, of course, we will see how it does across its 8 week run- hopefully will not lose a lot of viewers. Again, sorry, does anyone have the breakdown for scott and bailey last night- would be interesting to see?
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Thanks for The Gadget Show info Joe40. So they're returning to a studio based format that they ditched. Hmmm. They effed up and they know it? And as for best ever Line up they had that before the changes. Clueless.

I wonder if Suzi was asked but declined? I guess with her F1 commitments, she wouldn't be able to do it, Rachel is an interesting choice.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    TOWIE: 932k

Probably went over 1m with +1. I thought it was a continuous decline in the first few episodes of the series, but it has recovered quite well.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Motorway Cops - 3.58m (15.1%)
    Hillsborough – Never Forgotten - 830k (3.5%)
    One Born Every Minute - 2.31m (9.8%)

Doesn't bode well for the Hillsborough programme on BBC One two weeks today: perhaps the Animal Oscars will beat it?
    Forum Member
    Jonwo wrote: »
    I wonder if Suzi was asked but declined? I guess with her F1 commitments, she wouldn't be able to do it, Rachel is an interesting choice.

It's ratings were practically sliding so a change was indeed needed.
This discussion has been closed.