• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Nivea works for me
  • Options
    ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with people who say Vaseline is useless - I have no idea why so many people use it.

Anyway I currently have Palmer's Cocoa Butter, Burt's Bees, and Blistex. Out of these three I find Blistex the best. I have the one marked 'MedPlus' so I don't know if that means it is a different type and therefore that might be why it's more effective. I think the Palmer's one (have just applied it, at work!) just sits on the surface and doesn't seem to repair my lips so I'd probably say that's the least effective out of the three I have.

I used to use Nivea (in a blue stick) which I found useless. I also find Body Shop lip balms (in the tubs) equally as useless.

I once had the perfect lipbalm. It was in a long thin stick and my sister had ordered it from a catalogue. I never remembered the brand (I think the name had worn off) and I lost it on holiday once, and only after that did I realise how rubbish loads of lipbalms are.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nivea do a little tin of lip butter in a couple of flavours which works really well. Stays put for ages so don't need to apply very often.
  • Options
    _kitty_kitty Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream without a doubt. It's amazing and gets rid of flaky skin too
  • Options
    KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Balm.

I've been using it almost everyday since 2001 when I first started my acne treatment. Haven't stopped using it and swear by it.

Thats terrific,I put it on before bed!

I also wear Blistex new 'lip brilliance' because it is very moisturising but also has a red tint so its like your wearing a lip stain with the added comfort of the balm :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I swear by Carmex. Taste not the best but it really does wonders for my super dry lips. I usually only use it when my lips are cracked, or I have a cold sore.
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been using Lush's "none of your beeswax" lip balm. really really nice, not had a split lip so far and I've used it on my sore nose when I had a bad cold and my cuticles.:)
  • Options
    Tasty DelightTasty Delight Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recently bought Dr Lipps Nipple Balm for Lips...has worked a treat. Cost me around £10 though...

I recenlty won a gooty bag and it had a sample of this in it. I used it for the first time earlier and it is amazing!