LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 28)

Comments

• RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Can't you get Radio 4 in your area?

Radio 4, apart from The Archers and the afternoon play, is dreary. It's Radio 4 EXTRA that I would recommend.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Frankly I far prefer Planet Rock.
  • Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Have you tried Classic FM?

Is Birdsong still available on DAB?

It is my vocation to monitor the output of LBC and post my informative thoughts on the thread. Even if I say so myself, some if my insights into what would be discussed last week were uncanny.

I wonder why Alison Bell wasn't considered as a replacement for JHB? She is so much more fun and entertaining than Petrie who I find uninteresting. I suppose any fun has now been entirely sucked out of LBC now.
    Forum Member

Yes, for music, that's the only station for me.
    Forum Member
    It is my vocation to monitor the output of LBC and post my informative thoughts on the thread. Even if I say so myself, some if my insights into what would be discussed last week were uncanny.

I wonder why Alison Bell wasn't considered as a replacement for JHB? She is so much more fun and entertaining than Petrie who I find uninteresting. I suppose any fun has now been entirely sucked out of LBC now.

It's getting like I imagine Russian state radio was in the 1960s, no joy or frivolity, only politics, hard news and seriousness.

YAWN.
  • thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Petrie Hosken = CLICKY OFF!

If she's that bad shouldn't you be monitoring her?
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    I heard it too. The particular caller was well-informed and talked with a passion. James unable to handle it, just resorted to puerile ridicule. Then as you say told us his age....again. Arghhh!

Whenever James O'Brien starts to lose the argument he simply cuts the caller off. Very childish behaviour....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thewilson wrote: »
    If she's that bad shouldn't you be monitoring her?

I already have my hands full with my current monitoring work. I'm not a Hosken fan but she isn't particularity pompous, self-satisfied and smug. She just operates in the faux outrage area on the radio dial. Easier to CLICKY OFF!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redvers36 wrote: »
    Whenever James O'Brien starts to lose the argument he simply cuts the caller off. Very childish behaviour....

This morning was a ludicrous case in point, I have heard the caller he cut off on LBC before and he seemed well informed and articulate on Ukraine but Brian went into spoilt schoolboy mode and cut him off. Very poor.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This morning was a ludicrous case in point, I have heard the caller he cut on LBC before and he seemed well informed and articulate on Ukraine but Brian went into spoilt schoolboy mode and cut him off. Very poor.

For once they let someone on who opposed Gobber's view and seemed to know what he was talking about. But of course he wouldn't let him get his point out nd then smugly cut him off.

Poor show, O'Brien.
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Non political topics - he often excels !

Petrie becoming hysterical, again.......I am a glutton for punishment, today. :D

Ditto. :D
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that you've mentioned this, Martin.
    I would have done so but I wouldn't want anyone to think me 'picky'. ;-)
    What's the point of going at nineteen to the dozen if it's unintelligible?
    Might just as well have a minute's silence. It would be just as informative.
    Mini rant over.

Much preferred Joanne Webb who was covering the last few weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigel Evans on the Iain Dale prog has many interesting things to say about his recent court case.
    He has a lovely voice:) A beautiful Welsh lilt. Yum:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, his first ' Cut off ' of the week :D.....it won't be his last !!

He really shouldn't be allowed to discuss politics......'red rag to a bull' syndrome.....

I didn't read your post, I just cut you off:)
    Hi CC:)
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CPS have to pursue these cases or if they didn't then they would be accused.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Brian situation is a lot more extreme than the cases you mention. I'm not sure what the issue is but it is obviously becoming a real problem.

Mike, when JOB gets too much for you slam on a bit of Frank Zappa...The Torture Never Stops !982 tour:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolute Radio. Music from 70s 80s 90s.
    Also RM could try ROK Classic radio...lots of comedy.
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    CPS have to pursue these cases or if they didn't then they would be accused.

They must tighten up the law though, on anonymity. All those in the public eye who have been named then cleared still live with, no smoke without fire syndrome.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must tighten up the law though, on anonymity. All those in the public eye who have been named then cleared still live with, no smoke without fire syndrome.

I would agree. However (!), I think it was NF that said by identifying the person, brings out others who may have been involved.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member

Someone rightly called out the fact the Evans own government removed the ability for the wrongly accused to claim back court costs. So if you want to destroy someone, famous or otherwise, get them on some trumped up charge and even if they get cleared in court you'll still have the satisfaction of ruining them financially. Win win!

Absolutely disgusting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's cost Nigel Evans his business he had to sell which he was going to use money for home improvements. Nice hearing Iain Dale giving him a good character reference for the court,

I do feel sorry for him and many others who seem to have had nasty people trying to get at these. Those are not named.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously and lucky he's privileged man like many well known who've had to pay there own legal costs, still dosnt mean they are rich. Lucky he might get paid for lbc interview.
  • clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So J O'B finds Putin scary. Somebody should point out to him that if his heroes, Benn and Foot, had had their way in the seventies, Vlad the Insaner (thanks Nick) would be running this country as a Soviet satellite. :o

Perhaps this should have been on the 'other' thread but nobody goes there these days.

Why would you think his heroes are Benn and Foot? They are both far to the left of James O'Brien 's politics. Neither Benn nor Foot were communists so why Putin be running this country if they had their way?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonupkid wrote: »
    Mike, when JOB gets too much for you slam on a bit of Frank Zappa...The Torture Never Stops !982 tour:)

I'm not much of a Zappa fan to be honest, not sure humour belongs in music! Sorry OT
  • coulsdon59coulsdon59 Posts: 2,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what with the travel news this morning? Andy (let's see how fast I can gabble the bulletin) McCall is back. However the 8am and 8.15am bulletins* were the same. He hesitated and made a sort-of joke in exactly the same places. The next one didn't exist !

*Look this was several hours ago and I have the memory of a goldfish - so it may have been 7.45 / 8am !!!

Are you listening on FM? (Which travel news is recorded, FM or DAB?) Perhaps nothing had changed and he replayed the previous bulletin to save his recently recovered voice!!
This discussion has been closed.