New laptop - Lenovo

JRNSUFF99JRNSUFF99 Posts: 634
Forum Member
✭✭
I need to order a new work laptop which will do the usual everyday things and nothing heavy duty.

I have seen this Lenovo and heard good things about them as a manufacturer. What are your views on the spec and its capability:
http://www.ebuyer.com/363583-lenovo-thinkpad-edge-e530-laptop-nzq7auk?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products

If you have other suggestions for alternatives around the same price, please feel free to reply with their details etc

Thanks

Comments

• Freddy_LivesFreddy_Lives Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had a batch of twenty five E520s at work and so far in about a month, three are faulty with the exact same problem. They seem to know about the issue but carried on selling them anyway. Very poor.

It'd certainly make me think twice about buying Lenovo again.
  • mpmc17mpmc17 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had a batch of twenty five E520s at work and so far in about a month, three are faulty with the exact same problem. They seem to know about the issue but carried on selling them anyway. Very poor.

It'd certainly make me think twice about buying Lenovo again.

:eek: That sounds pretty bad, What's the fault?

I have an E525 (with AMD fusion processor) and I've had no issues with it whatsoever it's a fantastic machine.
  • Freddy_LivesFreddy_Lives Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They just switched off whilst in use and won't power back on. Tried a working battery/power supply just to make sure but it didn't make any difference. Seems to be a faulty component on the systemboard.