Midweek Games: A must

MayfairBlueMayfairBlue Posts: 593
Forum Member
✭✭
Albeit a few of the games, I'm a Liverpool supporter and I just miss my club not playing midweek.

Obviously for a few years, it's not been the same not being involved in the Champions League, and I've never liked the Thursday games, but it's always nice to have a Wednesday Night fixture - summat to look forward too.

I come from the school of Sportsnight or a Sky Live game with Martin Tyler commentating!

Comments

• timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love midwek games as well.

For me it has to be an away game played around this time of year when you know it is only the hardcore of the support who will be there, always a great atmosphere from the away support.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like the midweek rounds, I no this would be hard to organise, but its a pity like 2 times a season, as well as the 3 or 4 rounds we get now, those teams who aren't involved in Champions League/Europa play one midweek, and those who are play midweek the next
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I almost lost a toe last night, so I'm not currently keen on midweek games. Although we did win, so I'm warming to them. Apart from my toes.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Another advantage of life outside the Premier League - regular mid-week League games!

The atmosphere does often seem to be better at these sort of games, but travelling to them as an away fan on a Tuesday/Friday evening can be a bit of a pain.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering, why are midweek football league games usually played on Tuesday and not Wednesday?
  • Tush_91Tush_91 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I hate midweek games, always have done, the weather is a big factor, I don't mind it being away as I wouldn't bother going, but when it's at home I go (season ticket).
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tuesday night league games are quite common for us.
  • Freddy_LivesFreddy_Lives Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was a kid, I always enjoyed going to midweek games. Finish school and then wait for my dad to take me. Now I've grown up, it's a pain in the **** to rush back from work, get something to eat and then go out again.

I've also done my fair share of travelling to away games midweek. The Midlands to Sunderland and Brighton for example.