Impact Wrestling on Spike TV

Comments

• tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ Styles: Sustained rib cartilage damage and will be evaluated by his home doctor in Georgia later this week

Bully Ray: No concussion, but sustained a bruised sternum

Kurt Angle: Left the arena with his family and refused to be evaluated on-site by medical personnel

Bobby Roode: Cervical swelling (vertebrae/back), triceps hematoma
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They might as well have said "Kurt wasn't really hurt but we're kind of hoping you don't pay that much attention" :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    TNA's production values looked better when it was on freeview for a month back in 2009. I thought the six sided ring looked cool too visually.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it just me, or were some of the matches not really all that good?

The Sting v Magnus matched just seemed like a match but in super-slow motion, whist the main event had so many gasps and pauses it was really made to look weak in my eyes.
    Lots of good spots, but that in itself does not make a good match, the flow does, and apart from the Bobby and Kurt match, it just wasn't there.

What was uip with EC III and taking so long to beat the jobber? That sort of thing shouldn't be on a PPV, save that for an impact.
    WcW did that sort of thing the best with Goldberg, hit the ring, spear, jackhammer, one-two-three, go back to the locker room. None of the pointless fannying about, which was prevalent in that match.

Hopefully impact will see the end of Ace's and Eights now, and we can get some decent storylines starting up now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best of the night was easily Angle v Roode but after that? I thought the next best match was the knockouts, the other matches were pretty awful but the knockouts match was surprisingly good.

The Abyss thing was so badly done as well, they have been building that up for the best part of a year now and the pay off was so predictable and underwhelming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main thing is that they bring Abyss back, and get rid of for good that lame lawyer character, it was good initially when Aces and Eights captured him and used him to further that storyline, but ever since he has been pointless.
  • seamus_guinseamus_guin Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    TNA impact. had a much better crowed this week,TBH the fans in salt lake were electric for the entire show,i doubt raws crowed would of came close to the noise impacts made...pity salt late didnt get BFG!!

A wrestler i missed made an explosive return that could spark off a great story line...well done tna with roode/angle and now this,impact could finally be back on its feet!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tito fractured his neck on Saturday, may never fight again, and so all that MMA stuff on Impact was for nowt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main thing is that they bring Abyss back, and get rid of for good that lame lawyer character, it was good initially when Aces and Eights captured him and used him to further that storyline, but ever since he has been pointless.

Can't argue with that, I'm glad to see him back as Abyss he's been SORELY missed, they have massively under-utilised that guy recently.

However, I would have liked to see Abyss turn on Eric Young, that would have been fun to see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Can't argue with that, I'm glad to see him back as Abyss he's been SORELY missed, they have massively under-utilised that guy recently.

However, I would have liked to see Abyss turn on Eric Young, that would have been fun to see.

Yeah this version of Eric Young, I just cannot stand, bring back the Team Canada version, all this ODB stuff, and acting like someone with less braincells than a maggot is really dememing I think.

He is a far better wrestler than they are allowing him to be with such a poor character, he needs to drop all this ODB nonsense, and move onto something that he can do well for himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member

Totally agree, was also getting bored of Joseph Park.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TNA are taping all the events on the UK tour, some for tv and some for ppv. British empire cup and jokers wild 2 for the one night only ppvs. Can't link on my phone but it's on the Facebook page.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the hell did AJ get up after he landed so hard, and from so high, on his face? Taz frequently calls falls 'nasty' but this one really did look nasty.
    Tonight's Impact was a bit of a space filler I thought, but they seemed to get almost the whole locker room involved in some way, and the crowd was good, so even though we didn't get many matches it was still actually a pretty entertaining show. Too much Dixie, and she's still not that convincing - her acting is so one-dimensional. And we could've done without the dumb ending, but AJ and Bully, considering the genuine injuries from Bound for Glory, put on a hell of a fight. And I'm actually pleased to see Anderson again, he seemed to be really enjoying himself again.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was rather strange to see Phil Heath with the Bromans. He made Jesse look tiny!
    Forum Member
    adams66 wrote: »
    And I'm actually pleased to see Anderson again, he seemed to be really enjoying himself again.

If anderson keep's up that tempo he could be HUGE for TNA, roode,angle,aj,bully and anderson have really come to life,if they drop park and throw abyss in to that pot,this could be awesome!!!

For too long aries{lengend} was the only one putting in the work,TNA is finally bursting back in to life,i just hope the bookers stop over complicating things and just let them beat the hell out of each other!!!
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Rumour going around that Impact coming back to US is too save money and that the carter family want it sold ASAP.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,982
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Rumour going around that Impact coming back to US is too save money and that the carter family want it sold ASAP.

I think it's obvious TNA heading back to Universal is purely cost-cutting. They didn't look properly into the cost of transporting all of the equipment and crew around America and the end result makes them look even smaller than they already did before taking Impact on the road, same as when they moved back from Monday live to Thursday taped

Bischoff was "noticeably absent" from Bound For Glory and is now said to be working from home, Hogan has started to rebuild bridges with Vince so a WWE return looks more and more likely and the Sting/WWE rumours seemingly look more truthful

As for the Carter family looking to offload TNA, I think it's just a matter of time before TNA is owned by someone else. I don't think Dixie has what it takes to succeed in the industry she is in and the bank of mum and dad will surely only put up with it for so long. The question is who would buy the company in its current state. Their biggest pay-per-view of the year got a 3,000 attendance, their #1 show gets regularly beaten by WWE's #2 show and they had to cut PPVs to 4 a year because they were picking up less than 10k buyrates

I used to think Vince would buy TNA just to get rid of them but now I don't even think he would do it. I imagine their is little value in their library, the TNA brand is so tiny that he couldn't use that and the majority of the roster wouldn't get above a midcard level in WWE. The only reason I can think of it having any value is doing Invasion 2.0 with Vince firing Steph and Trip and them buying TNA to take control but that would never happen

It's a shame because WWE need whatever little competition TNA give them or the creative team, Vince, Steph and Trip can rest on their asses with no chance of another company picking up the momentum to compete against them in the mainstream and fans not having another company to watch that style of product but I think TNA in its current form is on it's way out
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to think Vince would buy TNA just to get rid of them but now I don't even think he would do it. I imagine their is little value in their library, the TNA brand is so tiny that he couldn't use that and the majority of the roster wouldn't get above a midcard level in WWE.

Owning the TNA library could prove useful when they get round to releasing a DVD/Blu-Ray on Kurt Angle or Sting.

I'd imagine they would be able to obtain the rights quite cheaply if (or when) TNA goes out of business.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,982
    Forum Member
    Owning the TNA library could prove useful when they get round to releasing a DVD/Blu-Ray on Kurt Angle or Sting.

I'd imagine they would be able to obtain the rights quite cheaply if (or when) TNA goes out of business.

Possibly so, apparently there is interest from Viacom who also own Bellator in TNA so I don't think they will go out of business
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's probably a cheaper way of getting Sting and Angle stuff than buying the promotion, their work is so relatively insignificant in TNA that they may just bypass it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of TNA's library of matches, why is their greatest matches over shown on Extreme Sports? It never made any sense to me, and has been that way for a year or two I think.

Why don't Challenge just get the rights, that way we can have all of TNA on the one channel.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of TNA's library of matches, why is their greatest matches over shown on Extreme Sports? It never made any sense to me, and has been that way for a year or two I think.

Why don't Challenge just get the rights, that way we can have all of TNA on the one channel.

Unlikely to be as easy as just getting the rights. Extreme might want a lot of cash for them
    Forum Member
    TNA are moving back to US but not to the impact zone,apparently they are moving to adjoining smaller studio,i wouldnt mind wcw used to film worldwide at the impact zone and it used to look a lot bigger then.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »

Was discussed many pages back.

Anyway, apparently TNA have announced the taping of two 'One Night Only' PPV's in the UK

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a527016/tna-ppv-events-to-be-held-in-england-for-the-first-time.html

Should be good for them as the UK fans are usually more vocal than the US fans.
    Forum Member
    Was discussed many pages back.

Anyway, apparently TNA have announced the taping of two 'One Night Only' PPV's in the UK

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a527016/tna-ppv-events-to-be-held-in-england-for-the-first-time.html

Should be good for them as the UK fans are usually more vocal than the US fans.

When they come to ireland they keep booking the national basketball arena {its tiny} i wish they would cop on and book the O2!!! i dont understand why they dont book the O2 they would fill it easily!!!