Impact Wrestling on Spike TV

Comments

• FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TNA need to drop this One Night Only thing and up their canon PPVs to about 8. Having so long between summer and BFG meant they completely lost focus of their booking and the build-up was poor. Plus, even at 15k or so buys they should make some money out of them.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    TNA need to consider doing more activities in the UK and Europe, they make money here, and who knows maybe a buyer from here maybe interested.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imagine tna relocated here

for how long do you think they could attract big crowds every month?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    imagine tna relocated here

for how long do you think they could attract big crowds every month?

it would be a nice thought, but the sheer logistics of moving all the talent over here just wouldn't work.

if they came over once a month to tape a month's worth of impact and a PPV then it could feasibly work, but you'd start to have issues with the amount of international travel on a monthly basis as well.

but, let's say it did happen, I actually think they could make it work as a lot of the venues in the UK aren't as big as those in the states so you'd assume they'd sell out quite a lot of places. they could tape impact in places like wembley arena, birmingham and glasgow.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeh i just wonder if fans willing to pay out would dwindle after 3-4 months

they need to work on their product, yes i would love 100% russo but if they aint going to do that pick a path and go all out

100% bischoff
    100% roh/early tna style
    100% ecw style

just pick a damn direction!
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    TNA need to drop this One Night Only thing and up their canon PPVs to about 8. Having so long between summer and BFG meant they completely lost focus of their booking and the build-up was poor. Plus, even at 15k or so buys they should make some money out of them.

What they need is to film them in as they would with the pay-per-views. The upcoming event was filmed in March which is absolutely ridiculous.

Their four pay-per-views should be January, April, July and October, it's no wonder the company is in the mess it's in and it's people like the Jarrett's and original roster members who I feel sorry for who worked as hard as they did to get the alternative to WWE off the ground to see it turned into a poor imitation of WWE
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they come to ireland they keep booking the national basketball arena {its tiny} i wish they would cop on and book the O2!!! i dont understand why they dont book the O2 they would fill it easily!!!

In your opinion. The costs may outweigh the benefits
  • seamus_guinseamus_guin Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    In your opinion. The costs may outweigh the benefits

The benefits would be huge,ya know what those irish american's are like, if they filmed an extra Irish themed impact at the o2 in dublin it could create huge benefits for the company.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The benefits would be huge,ya know what those irish american's are like, if they filmed an extra Irish themed impact at the o2 in dublin it could create huge benefits for the company.

Extra hire costs, extra insurance all add up versus actual incomings especially when like TNA you aren't exactly rolling in it
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read a comment from Christopher Daniels about the current spate of rumours about TNA.
    "We're definitely not going to be done by December, for goodness sake. I think we're going through some growing pains. We're still trying to find our legs with being on the road. I don't think there is trouble in the sense of imminent doom."

"We're going through some growing pains".

The company has been in business for eleven years. How much longer are they going to use "growing pains" as an excuse for poor management ?.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Extra hire costs, extra insurance all add up versus actual incomings especially when like TNA you aren't exactly rolling in it

Also WWE may well have contracts with the arenas saying TNA can't run there.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read a comment from Christopher Daniels about the current spate of rumours about TNA.

"We're going through some growing pains".

The company has been in business for eleven years. How much longer are they going to use "growing pains" as an excuse for poor management ?.

Christopher Daniels was talking about being on the road i believe.
  • suncitysuncity Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    TNA is a joke of a promotion. Their big show this year was an abortion.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TNA need to change the format of the BFG series. The one they use now is too confusing as it's never clear just who has faced who in the tournament and some ended up having more matches than others. Also, those matches for 20 points didn't make sense as someone could end up winning those, lose every single match and still finish top.

A 16 man elimination style tournament spread over a couple of months (2 matches per week) would be better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Apparenly a rumour going round the net is Mark Cuban might be a potential buyer of TNA. Probably false, but that would be one hell of a development. He seems more Vince than Dixie, in terms of business acumen (probably better than McMahon), finance and ruthlessness. TNA has some decent intellectual properites and contracts with several major television providers. The company should be profitable on tv rights alone if costs are cut down.

Needs a new name though. TNA is gimmicky and suggests something other than wrestling. Can't see them attracting sponsors easily. Impact Wrestling is better. WWE, WCW, NWA etc all sounded like wrestling bodies/organisations in the way NFL, FIFA, NBA etc does. I didn't even figure TNA was wrestling when it first went on freeview a few years ago!
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    L_Roberts wrote: »
    Apparenly a rumour going round the net is Mark Cuban might be a potential buyer of TNA. Probably false, but that would be one hell of a development. He seems more Vince than Dixie, in terms of business acumen (probably better than McMahon), finance and ruthlessness. TNA has some decent intellectual properites and contracts with several major television providers. The company should be profitable on tv rights alone if costs are cut down.

Needs a new name though. TNA is gimmicky and suggests something other than wrestling. Can't see them attracting sponsors easily. Impact Wrestling is better. WWE, WCW, NWA etc all sounded like wrestling bodies/organisations in the way NFL, FIFA, NBA etc does. I didn't even figure TNA was wrestling when it first went on freeview a few years ago!

I think TNA Wrestling was a fine brand name until they started to chuck Impact Wrestling about.

The company is called TNA Wrestling but other than the title names, it's mentioned hardly anywhere on their website, their URL is impactwrestling.com rather than tnawrestling.com or even tnaimpactwrestling.com, their flagship television show makes no mention of it being a TNA product in its logo.

It's like they were going all out on changing from TNA Wrestling to Impact Wrestling as a brand and then backed out halfway through
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    I think TNA Wrestling was a fine brand name until they started to chuck Impact Wrestling about.

The company is called TNA Wrestling but other than the title names, it's mentioned hardly anywhere on their website, their URL is impactwrestling.com rather than tnawrestling.com or even tnaimpactwrestling.com, their flagship television show makes no mention of it being a TNA product in its logo.

It's like they were going all out on changing from TNA Wrestling to Impact Wrestling as a brand and then backed out halfway through

That's actually what happened. Hogan and Bischoff didn't like the TNA name (I actually agree because it's a lame joke) and started to implement the Impact Wrestling name instead. Then Dixie decided not to follow it through. Whether that was through a change of mind or incompetence is anyones guess.
  • DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    From this weeks Wrestling Observer
    There are serious sale talks going on behind the scenes. After we reported it over the weekend, a lot of places ran with borderline ridiculous stories. What I can say at this point is that there is a potential buyer that has been looking at the company. Reps for the potential new ownership group have been at the offices. Talk of a potential sale has been going on for months, but has reached a serious enough point where things are at a significant stage. It is not entirely clear who will end up in power and run the company if and when the deal being negotiated goes through, and what percentage of the company, or if the entire company, is what is being negotiated. One source with significant knowledge of what is going down said the new group is unlikely to get involved without owning a controlling interest. Also, regarding speculation in various media of names involved, all of the speculation is way off, that much I know. It doesn't appear Viacom has any interest in buying the company (even though TNA gets far better ratings than Bellator, it's not as valuable because it can't get the corporate sponsors or ad revenue) and the parties involved come from outside the pro wrestling industry. The people who have at least been negotiating the most seriously are not from Viacom. The people involved have been successful in a number of other businesses. Just my gut says they are buying it more as a television property with the idea that future rights fees as those number escalate for sports will make it valuable.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to catch up on this, but I didn't even last through BFG, won't be watching again, what an absolute joke its become, that terrible ending to the X-Division match, and then them 2 idiot Bro Mans winning the Tag Team Championship, thats a bloody joke that, pure joke, turned it off after that match, what the hell has happened to TNA, real shame :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TNA need to change the format of the BFG series. The one they use now is too confusing as it's never clear just who has faced who in the tournament and some ended up having more matches than others. Also, those matches for 20 points didn't make sense as someone could end up winning those, lose every single match and still finish top.

A 16 man elimination style tournament spread over a couple of months (2 matches per week) would be better.

I have always thought they should bring back king of the mountain at slamiversery,and have the winner face the champ at BFG. A good four month build
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One rumor going round that billy Corgan from the smashing pumpkins is looking to buy tna.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something needs to happen ownership wise which will take the company forward, as they just seem to be in a holding phase at the moment, which is doing no-one any good at the moment.
  • suncitysuncity Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Something needs to happen ownership wise which will take the company forward, as they just seem to be in a holding phase at the moment, which is doing no-one any good at the moment.

They've been holding phase for years mate. Granted now, it's so evident that they are circling the drain its hard to watch... so I don't.

Aces and Eights was such a long, boring affair with no direction or stars attached it killed TNA for me.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suncity wrote: »
    They've been holding phase for years mate. Granted now, it's so evident that they are circling the drain its hard to watch... so I don't.

Aces and Eights was such a long, boring affair with no direction or stars attached it killed TNA for me.

Aces and Eights started out well I thought, but then when they started removing the masks, that is when it started to lose all of the momentum.

Now they are little more than a tag team.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the A&8s started out well, but they ruined them when they started firing the members.

Just been looking at the website, can't believe AJs gone, huge loss, i see he must have won the title at BFG, and done what he said, left with it, as its now vacant.