Options

Nadine Coyle's new look...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    she will still be cheryl cole! the beauty of all of the this is she does have a lot of options. she still is part of a successful girl band. she has also achieved solo success.

You do like your Cheryl, don't you?:)
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexMalgua wrote: »
    Ah!? Always got the impression that Xenomania was doing both writing the lyric and music for the band? Never knew who was the brainchild of their songs within the team. I guess I was thinking about the sound, which could potentially go out of fashion.

yes, i have no real idea who wrote all those songs. however, i was under the impression brian was heavily involved. you are right about the potential of the sound being unfashionable. however, it effects artists more than songwriters. good songwriters can have much longer careers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do like your Cheryl, don't you?:)

of course! however, i try to be objective!
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think the same but perhaps it'd be even simpler than that. Don't want to sound negative, especially because I really like Kelly Rowland but have the feeling they're gonna get some backlash for not being as a good as Cheryl or Dannii

I am looking forward to this series as I like all the judges again, there has actually never been a judge i dislike, but i do think Simon, Cheryl, Danni and Louis will be my best panel. But they may prove me wrong.

Also I think the press will be waiting to jump on Kelly and Tulisa if the ratings fall this year, and will say they arent as good as Cheryl and Dannii. But i think the show reached it peak last year and there would be a huge chance the ratings would go down a bit anyway even with the old panel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I predict the same will happen with Tulisa and Nicole unfortunately. They will be loved for a while then people will turn on them and slate them as both will no doubt use X Factor for their solo careers.

and kelly too! it is predictable and inevitable. however, they should use the exposure. at the moment it is unlikely that either three will have a 3x platinum album like 3 words. who knows?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and kelly too! it is predictable and inevitable. however, they should use the exposure. at the moment it is unlikely that either three will have a 3x platinum album like 3 words. who knows?

Yeah i thought about Kelly but was unsure how people would feel about her solo career. I think people may not look at her in a negative light as she has been quite successful without the show already, so they wont mind her performing on the show, if that makes sense?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i thought about Kelly but was unsure how people would feel about her solo career. I think people may not look at her in a negative light as she has been quite successful without the show already, so they wont mind her performing on the show, if that makes sense?

yes! she is on another level. however, she must feel she needs a career boost also,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes! she is on another level. however, she must feel she needs a career boost also,

Yeah she must do. I dont think her albums do that well here, correct me if i am wrong, I am just going from my memory of what I think i have read before. So she will be wanting the show to as you said give her that extra boost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah she must do. I dont think her albums do that well here, correct me if i am wrong, I am just going from my memory of what I think i have read before. So she will be wanting the show to as you said give her that extra boost.

yes are correct! she is yet to find proper solo success album wise. she does need the boost. also her album is about to be released. great timing! don't get me wrong, i love jelly. she is the most talented out of those three hands down!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, i have no real idea who wrote all those songs. however, i was under the impression brian was heavily involved. you are right about the potential of the sound being unfashionable. however, it effects artists more than songwriters. good songwriters can have much longer careers.

Well, don't think it'd affect the lyricist that much or at all. i agree on that one but in some ways, it'd affect the composer as much, if not more than the artist. The artist can overcome it by finding somebody else who's more current or talented etc. It's not as simple in the case of a composer. Btw, by songwriter you mean the one who writes music? And eventually produces it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely! Comparisons are going to be inevitably and if the ratings fall significantly, the press is going to latch out on them. Rumours have already been going on about how producers worked on Tulisa's style, warned Barlow to be a bit more sympathetic etc.
    Kelly seems to be a nice girl so unless she turns into a bitchy queen on the show she might actually be immune from the press's criticism. Also although her solo career is moderately successful, she's the huge advantage to come from DC and to have collaborated with big names despite her own material relatively flopping up to Commander. So with Gary Barlow she might be seen as the most credible on the panel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, don't think it'd affect the lyricist that much or at all. i agree on that one but in some ways, it'd affect the composer as much, if not more than the artist. The artist can overcome it by finding somebody else who's more current or talented etc. It's not as simple in the case of a composer. Btw, by songwriter you mean the one who writes music? And eventually produces it?

i`m not so sure. if an artist fails, they usually get dropped. the composers still continue. in the case of this song writing team. i actually thought they with quite versatile.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Don't think she will be taken seriously looking like that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`m not so sure. if an artist fails, they usually get dropped. the composers still continue. in the case of this song writing team. i actually thought they with quite versatile.

They were to a certain extent but their sound became quickly recognizable I thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were to a certain extent but their sound became quickly recognizable I thought.

i agree. especially the work they did for other artists. however, there were quite a few different styles used on girls aloud songs. if you take the first #1 to the last #1 for an instance. the sound is very different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree. especially the work they did for other artists. however, there were quite a few different styles used on girls aloud songs. if you take the first #1 to the last #1 for an instance. the sound is very different.

Did they write Sound of the underground? Always assumed they started to work with the Girls from their second album, which is funny enough when I started to follow them a bit more...
    And that's true, with the girls their sound would vary and gets to some experimental places...Something Kinda Ooh and Sexy? No, No, No for instance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they write Sound of the underground? Always assumed they started to work with the Girls from their second album, which is funny enough when I started to follow them a bit more...
    And that's true, with the girls their sound would vary and gets to some experimental places...Something Kinda Ooh and Sexy? No, No, No for instance

yes, they wrote the sound of the underground. so they were there all the way through their journey!
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member

Chemistry as a whole album was quite experimental for Xenomania, it's rare to see an entire concept album put out these days. There are a lot of tracks that deviate from the typical GA sound either musically or lyrically - Swinging London Town, Racy Lacey, It's Magic. I think on the whole though, the Xenomania sound was getting a little samey, which is probably why it's for the best Miranda left and the dynamics have changed a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    Chemistry as a whole album was quite experimental for Xenomania, it's rare to see an entire concept album put out these days. There are a lot of tracks that deviate from the typical GA sound either musically or lyrically - Swinging London Town, Racy Lacey, It's Magic. I think on the whole though, the Xenomania sound was getting a little samey, which is probably why it's for the best Miranda left and the dynamics have changed a bit.

that interesting. nobody seems to know what is going on with that song writing group. so is it just miranda that has left? i agree about your comments on the chemistry album, it does seem to hold up rather well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that interesting. nobody seems to know what is going on with that song writing group. so is it just miranda that has left? i agree about your comments on the chemistry album, it does seem to hold up rather well.

So yes, they were there from the very beginning! The chemistry era was the definite moment when I got to follow them very closely. Didn't buy the album - although was very tempted - but Biology did it for me. just thought it was brilliant and still is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So yes, they were there from the very beginning! The chemistry era was the definite moment when I got to follow them very closely. Didn't buy the album - although was very tempted - but Biology did it for me. just thought it was brilliant and still is.

i think it probably was their best album. although, tangled up was pretty good. i must admit out of control was a little disappointing. although the loving kind reminds me of st etienne for some reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think it probably was their best album. although, tangled up was pretty good. i must admit out of control was a little disappointing. although the loving kind reminds me of st etienne for some reason.

Bought Tangled Up & Out of Control - I know GA fans don't rate Out Of control that much compared to Tangled Up but i actually really like it. It's definitely not as slick as TU but it's got very good songs and Loving Kind is certainly for me one of the stand out tracks in this album with Sex Me Up & Love is Pain. Didn't take me long though to be obsessive about TU. used to listen to it all the time on youtube before buying it!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bought Tangled Up & Out of Control - I know GA fans don't rate Out Of control that much compared to Tangled Up but i actually really like it. It's definitely not as slick as TU but it's got very good songs and Loving Kind is certainly for me one of the stand out tracks in this album with Sex Me Up & Love is Pain. Didn't take me long though to be obsessive about TU. used to listen to it all the time on youtube before buying it!?

yeah out of control isn't bad. however, that was where i thought people could start to see their sound becoming a bit stale. it is interesting the loving kind does seem to be a favourite. like i said it reminds me of st etienne, even through the pet shop boys helped write it.

i still would like them to return to that team though. a lot of time has past. just imagine what jems that team could have come up with?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah out of control isn't bad. however, that was where i thought people could start to see their sound becoming a bit stale. it is interesting the loving kind does seem to be a favourite. like i said it reminds me of st etienne, even through the pet shop boys helped write it.

i still would like them to return to that team though. a lot of time has past. just imagine what jems that team could have come up with?

And I can understand why. I suppose the downfall of Out of control is that it pretty much sounds like a rushed follow-up to TU and unlike Tangled Up when each single had a life to them, the Out of Control era was felt like a transition to their hiatus. and that's a shame coz they could have released another single after Untouchable...
    I'n not very familiar with St Etienne so will take you word for it;) - but I'm not surprised The loving Kind is a favorite, it's a very cool tune and definitely a fine PSB contribution. After this break, it'd be interesting to see what their reunion with Xenomania would give in terms of sound.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I can understand why. I suppose the downfall of Out of control is that it pretty much sounds like a rushed follow-up to TU and unlike Tangled Up when each single had a life to them, the Out of Control era was felt like a transition to their hiatus. and that's a shame coz they could have released another single after Untouchable...
    I'n not very familiar with St Etienne so will take you word for it;) - but I'm not surprised The loving Kind is a favorite, it's a very cool tune and definitely a fine PSB contribution. After this break, it'd be interesting to see what their reunion with Xenomania would give in terms of sound.

that is of course, if they work with them again. i think it is a missed trick if they don't.

i think out of control had impressive sales for a ga album. releasing a forth single possibly could have placed them out of the top twenty for the first time. had they not released a third they could have kept their run of top 10 hits in tact!