Options

Melanie is fading away

PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
Forum Member
✭✭
Goodness me she looks so starved and drawn and unhealthily thin . She could do with some decent, nourishing food .

Being underweight is just as unhealthy as being overweight .

Comments

• Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Yes I was thinking she does look a bit drawn. She is 44 - I think you can carry the 'gaunt look' a little better in your twenties - at 44 she could do with a bit more meat on her bones (IMHO).
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Jimmy and Foggy also look unhealthily thin...I hope you have the same concern for them.

Goes to show men can be too fat or too thin and no one cares but women are always scrutinised.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acid rain wrote: »
    Jimmy and Foggy also look unhealthily thin...I hope you have the same concern for them.

Goes to show men can be too fat or too thin and no one cares but women are always scrutinised.

We do indeed have a lot of scrawny people in camp this year with lots of ribs showing, so would prefer if they kept their shirts on .
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

And Michael - don't forget Michael!!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member

No one can forget Michael - his ribs are like a xylophone.

The image of his ribcage and concave chest is burned into my retinas.
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all seem to have lost a lot of weight in a short space of time
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, Michael was the one who struck me as looking unhealthily scrawny a couple of days ago. Mel is very gaunt looking around the face, but her body is more muscular than skinny I think.
  • Options
    hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Ach they're fine. I'd rather look at scrawny than blubber that's for sure. Maybe we all just got used to people being fat. It's not natural to be fat. Lean is healthy, particularly when you're older.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Goodness me she looks so starved and drawn and unhealthily thin . She could do with some decent, nourishing food .

Yes I think that Mel, Michael and Jimmy seems to have lost loads, they are looking very gaunt and Mel looks really hungry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    MIchael "Tenko" Burke is a sight to behold but yes most of them do look on the scrawny side. Maybe that's the real reason Gemma Collins baled so early.
  • Options
    nemesisisnemesisis Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    sadly true maybe when the public are no longer allowed to vote for "Useless Kendra" for the trials they will be better fed ( I am convinced the Shed of Dread was set up to give them food as the producers knew K would fail yet again)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kev3010 wrote: »
    MIchael "Tenko" Burke is a sight to behold but yes most of them do look on the scrawny side. Maybe that's the real reason Gemma Collins baled so early.

Gemma wouldn't have lasted because as a fat person she's used to consuming far more calories than an average person. Her stomach is probably the size of two peoples.
    Gemma would've experienced much worse hunger pains than the other celebs. It would've affected her much worse. She would've felt faint and dizzy within hours of arriving.

If she would have stayed she would have eaten Michael Buerk. Although that probably wouldn't be a very satisfying meal. :o
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemma wouldn't have lasted because as a fat person she's used to consuming far more calories than an average person. Her stomach is probably the size of two peoples.
    Gemma would've experienced much worse hunger pains than the other celebs. It would've affected her much worse. She would've felt faint and dizzy within hours of arriving.

If she would have stayed she would have eaten Michael Buerk. Although that probably wouldn't be a very satisfying meal. :o

IMO that "s" should be removed, for greater accuracy. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Mel is stressed you can see it in her body language,she had too much emotional baggage on her mind to be placed into the jungle at this time,it would not take much to throw her off hilter,she looks very run down.
  • Options
    Daisy450Daisy450 Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    kev3010 wrote: »

Well if she had stayed in she would have lost 2-3 stone by now (her words not mine)?
    Just shows how deluded she was. It's only for 3 weeks lol
  • Options
    daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    It's a shame Gemma didn't stick it out. She would have been down to 22 st by now..
  • Options
    Dutch MarleneDutch Marlene Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looked so scary on day 1. I know cause I was reminded of people of over 95 when they get a face that looks more like a skeleton when I saw her first. I find it hard to look at her and that ugly huge vain on her forehead is even more creepy.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nemesisis wrote: »
    sadly true maybe when the public are no longer allowed to vote for "Useless Kendra" for the trials they will be better fed ( I am convinced the Shed of Dread was set up to give them food as the producers knew K would fail yet again)

yep, the thought occured to me also !
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    nemesisis wrote: »

I assume it was planned before hand to get them food for the day we missed because of the football otherwise what else would they do just give them 10 meals?
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »

As she fades, her teeth appear to be growing. At this rate she will have a bigger overbite than Duane Dibbley.
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kendra can add weight loss to her achievments when she goes back home.., the quicker the better..
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy450 wrote: »
    Well if she had stayed in she would have lost 2-3 stone by now (her words not mine)?
    Just shows how deluded she was. It's only for 3 weeks lol

Well, Rosemary Schrager lost over 4st in her year! She actually holds the record for most weight lost by a campmate in the show!
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Rosemary Schrager lost over 4st in her year! She actually holds the record for most weight lost by a campmate in the show!

I wonder how long it took her to put it all back again? Unfortunately weight lost in such an unnatural fashion rarely stays lost unless the person involved changes their former eating/drinking habits completely.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought you meant like in Back to the Future and was all worried, but it wasn't that.

Seriously though, they always do lose weight - its to be expected, especially if someone is slim anyway and I believe are monitored to make sure they are OK.
  • Options
    ladydedlock77ladydedlock77 Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel's face is looking so gaunt she looks like she has no back teeth.