Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.imdb.com/features/globes/2011/nominations

Some pretty good films nominated but a couple of surprise snubs as well

Such as??

The only thing I'll be surprised with is if Inception doesn't win Original Screenplay
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    True Grit is a surprise snub
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised Leo didn't get nominated for Shutter Island, his best acting so far in his career. He has been nominated for much less worthy work.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't take the Golden Globe nominations seriously at all. They're meaningless and corrupt.

Very good article here about them: http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/2011-golden-globes-my-non-analysis/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Christian Bale will win best supportin actor and 127 hours will win best picture. They're not what I want but I think thats what will. Like I said earlier I'll only be shocked if Inception loses both Best Screenplay and Best Score
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Christian Bale will win best supportin actor and 127 hours will win best picture. They're not what I want but I think thats what will. Like I said earlier I'll only be shocked if Inception loses both Best Screenplay and Best Score

127 hours hasn't been nominated for best picture
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    127 hours hasn't been nominated for best picture

Whoops don't know why I said that, I think I was thinking about it at the time and put it. I meant The King's Speech
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would dearly love Emma Stone to win for her performance in Easy A. She was just brilliant
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Blah123 wrote: »
    I would dearly love Emma Stone to win for her performance in Easy A. She was just brilliant

Yes! Thoroughly enjoyed this movie and Emma Stone is pretty hot in it :D

I cant believe burlesque and The Tourist got a nod because they look terrible and most reviews seem to slate them. Probably something to do with the awards being a tad corrput (which was mentioned above). Im sure there are better comedies and musicals out there?
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Johnny Depp's role in Alice is perhaps one of his poorest performances to date. Ridiculous he was nominated. I hope he doesn't get an oscar nom.

I was suprised a typical teen movie like Easy a would even be in the league to get a golden globe nomination. Teen movies rarely ever get nominated and when they do its for none other then the teen choice awards
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leo should have been best actor for Shutter Island.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen Easy A? It's not just a typical teen movie in the slightest musicdude. Emma Stone's performance is MORE than worthy of a Golden Globe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surprised Easy A Wasn't nominated for best comedy, when The Tourist which has had terrible reviews was, honesty this is one of the weakest comedy/musical category I've ever seen, was it really that bad a year for comedys?