Headbanger - place your bets

2»

Comments

• Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laura & Colin have just finished a Twitcam session and she said during that she wanted to try the twisted headbanger that Suzanne did in the final.
  • HeraclitusDaysHeraclitusDays Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing Kerry Katona will be the first female celeb to attempt the headbanger and she'll do it in week 4 (so the 2nd show that all the celebs perform in).

Dan's partners always seem to be the first to try it.

Who do you reckon will try it first and which week will they attempt it in?

Out of any of the girls Laura will be the first to try it, those are the whispers......I think Kerry will need to master the basics of skating unaided before going anywhere near it. All the lifts Kerry did were relatively easy in week 1 and she didn't skate on her own at any point which suggests she has zero confidence, furthermore she was massively overmarked in comparison to Vanilla Ice and Laura.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be Laura I think. Kerry doesn't have the confidence just yet, and Jennifer's confidence was knocked by her injury, so those two won't want to try it anytime soon. By the time they're ready, Laura will've done it as we've all seen what a daredevil she is, very eager to try as hard as possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *throws ice cube @ gagafan2010*

First banging-header of 2011
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Jennifer first. She's as tough as nails in Hollyoaks ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rebecca87 wrote: »
    Props to any female pro who does it with a celeb, the repeated shots of Pam's face smashing into the ice in series 1 would have put me right off it.

It's a move that makes my stomach turn even when the pros do it. Kerry had trouble holding her position in lifts so I don't think she'll attempt it so soon. I'll say Jennifer if only because she looked like she weighs nothing and would be easier to fling about. :D

I don't get the obsession with the headbanger. I don't much like it, not just because it is so incredibly dangerous but it isn't particularly elegant either. There have been fantastic routines without it, many of them better than those with it.
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the obsession with the headbanger. I don't much like it, not just because it is so incredibly dangerous but it isn't particularly elegant either. There have been fantastic routines without it, many of them better than those with it.

Absolutely agree with this, I just don't get it? It breaks up the routine too much, is dangerous and isn't a good look, particularly as in most cases the move to it is very inelegant.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think Kerry will do it through fear of losing her septum due to the centrifugal force. ;)
  • jiver51jiver51 Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    Don't think Kerry will do it through fear of losing her septum due to the centrifugal force. ;)

:D:D Now that would be entertainment
  • SugarSpikeSugarSpike Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I agree Laura seems the most confident. Without looking at the website I can't picture all the contestants yet, I don't see Kerry doing the headbanger, though she is wilth Dan so is a chance.
    I agree with those who say they dont like the move, it isnt elegant, specially when they have to lie on the ice and stick a leg up for their partner to grab, I think its just a 'show off' move and also adds a bit of danger to the show, so brings in ratings as some people are waiting to see if someone might smash their head open tv!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the danger element is over egged as well when the woman is lying down - with any Pro partner doing the move they are very safe IMO although I guess you have to be quite fearless to do it.
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Chloe's move was pretty close to the headbanger, being swung round near to the floor, whilst being held only by her ankles.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    The headbanger has become boring now.

The only way it could be made interesting again is if one of the male celebrities attempted it (especially if they were the one being swung around!).

Hasn't a male celebrity tried it in the past? Ray I think but could be wrong. :o
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Chloe Madeley will do it in week three!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Hasn't a male celebrity tried it in the past? Ray I think but could be wrong. :o

David Seaman did on TV show & Chris Fountain on tour.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura & Colin mentioned during their Twit Cam the other night that they were beginning to learn the headbanger - not sure if it's for their upcoming routine or for the week after though.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only watch it when it is repeated and I know no-one got injured:o
    I think Chloe will be the first to do it,about week 4 or 5 if she stays in that long!
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    If Sam gets to the final, I'd love to see him do the headbanger in the flying round. That would be so cool! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, we were all pretty wide of the mark, although there were a couple of mentions of Sam's name.;)

I wasn't impressed - Brianne obviously wasn't comfortable with it as she kept sticking her arm out. And, as ever, it didn't contribute to the routine.
  • JayDayJayDay Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    What was the point? It was only worth four points max, Brianne clearly was uneasy. Should have left it till later on in the competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, we were all pretty wide of the mark, although there were a couple of mentions of Sam's name.;)

I wasn't impressed - Brianne obviously wasn't comfortable with it as she kept sticking her arm out. And, as ever, it didn't contribute to the routine.

she was also holding herself sideways so she could bend at the torso to keep herself off the ice - if she'd been straight she'd have been knocked out - I think they designed it like that too as she didn't have her hair styled like they usually do for the Headbanger where they put all the extentions in so that it looks like they get closer to the ice than they really do.

Everything about Sam and Brianne's partnership is style and misdirection over substance