Options

Btnm is back!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    geniusgirl wrote: »
    She's whiny and annoying. She's all about mememememe but in a different way to Angel.

No doubt Sarah will win, but I can't stand her.

I can't stand her too. So fake and me me me me.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found interesting to hear Elle criticise Sarah when in previous weeks she has loved her. Mary Mary quite contrary springs to mind.

Tbh i would have sent Holly home, i think Saffron had a much better set of work and most recent photograph.

I also really do think this set of contestants is the strongest in years, any of Lauren, Sophie, Emma or Sarah could win. Personally i think Sophie and Emma are the strongest, in particularly i like Sophie. Although Lauren is very professional and Sarah reminds me of that other famous model, the one with the slightly strange face, i think her name may be Lily Cole, let me google hold on...... yes it is Lily Cole.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that this is a very strong bunch. I think Sophie, Emma and Lauren are the best three though.

I haven't liked Saffron overall but thought she took one of the best pictures this week so it's a shame she has gone.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit non-plussed when Elle was criticising Saffron (the girl with beautiful long dark hair) for not allowing it to be cut short when she herself has always had long hair! Bet Saffron is glad she didn't give in now she has left the programme.
  • Options
    ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think Holly should have gone this week, though I didn't expect Saffron to last much longer. The 'task' this week was boring, as is the phobia shoot. I wish they'd inject some new ideas.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »
    Think Holly should have gone this week, though I didn't expect Saffron to last much longer. The 'task' this week was boring, as is the phobia shoot. I wish they'd inject some new ideas.

I was amazed at how little knowledge they had. I am no fashionista but even i knew the answer to every question they showed on the tv.
  • Options
    FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    I was amazed at how little knowledge they had. I am no fashionista but even i knew the answer to every question they showed on the tv.

I thought this too, especially when they want a career in modelling, you would have thought they would have known more.

I think the right two were in the bottom, I think Holly will go this week.

I really like Sophie and hope she gets through to the end.

Really can't take to Angel, there's just something false about her.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I knew any of the quiz answers. I wouldn't consider it to be general knowledge. Someone in the industry should know more than me, but these contestants are quite young.
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I don't think I knew any of the quiz answers. I wouldn't consider it to be general knowledge. Someone in the industry should know more than me, but these contestants are quite young.

Yeah I only knew a few of them that were more related to recent happenings, such as the David Beckham question.
  • Options
    Flying4XFlying4X Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    Finally!! After weeks of searching I have found this thread!

I just could not believe there was not one about BINTM on DS.

Don't like Sarah, she reminds me of Cher Lloyd, too sharp and as someone said bird like.

I really liked Laura who went a couple of weeks ago. I think she was interesting looking.

My fave for pictures is Emma. She does look really cool and edgy.

I like Naomi, Sophie. Angel - Arrrrgh, so irritating.

Holly, so icy cold. Lauren photographs a lot older and more mature than the others, not sure about her.

Roll on tomorrow night!
  • Options
    ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they need to perhaps decide what type of model they are looking for in this show - it isn't called Britain's Next Top Catwalk Model but they seem to be placing the emphasis on this rather than a beauty model, for example. I guess versatile models can do both - but very quirky looking girls don't tend to do beauty, and very classic looking girls don't tend to do catwalk etc. I really don't rate Holly but there's no denying she was one of the best in the Revlon picture. In that kind of setting I think she could do really well, whereas Sarah would fail miserably in anything focussing on her face (IMO) which is quite a lot of modelling work.

If I could look like any of them I'd pick Sophie - she's so 'cool' looking.

Not looking forward to watching the cringeworthy 'come to Barbados' adverts they're filming next week. Again, something that I don't think they really place any importance on. They say you need to be able to do it to be a model, but really, I don't think they care too much if someone is beautiful on the catwalk and in pictures but an absolute idiot on camera.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't like Sarah's picture at all, Elle said Holly looked old in her photo but I thought Sarah looked older in hers & just standing there, don't see her appeal at all.

It annoyed me that Tyson didn't say what the client had said at the shoot, foe example how she really like Holly, Sophie was very now & how Angel struggled with the shoot, well not that they showed in the edit anyway!

I thought Holly would go, Sarah to go next for me & Sophie to win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    I didn't like any of the pictures this week, I thin it showed what a poor bunch they are. Can you imagine any of them being accepted on ANTM? I don't think they would. I don't like sarah but have to admit she looked good on the cat walk, as did sophie. Holly looked thick set (which shes not!) and the others had awful walks! really dissapointed this series.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did like Holly's picture this week but I still think she was the right person to go home. I was never a fan of Holly's admittedly but looking back at her body of work, she did actually perform quite well through the show. I just always thought she wasn't a model, I think she finished in the right place.

Angel needs to go next and I think the other five are actually very strong, stronger than we've had for a few series' anyway. I feel like Sarah was being built up a lot at the start and now seems to be being teared down and I'm not totally sure why. :confused: Her pictures aren't getting worse, they're still of the same quality. She's a lot more confident now but I thought that was a good thing?? She didn't deserve to be in the bottom three this week anyway.

One thing that's irked me for a few weeks now is how the judges always picked on Holly for wearing too much make-up (admittedly, she was) but no one's ever commented on Emma's. She looks ridiculous with the blusher some weeks!
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FreddieP wrote: »
    I didn't like Sarah's picture at all, Elle said Holly looked old in her photo but I thought Sarah looked older in hers & just standing there, don't see her appeal at all.

It annoyed me that Tyson didn't say what the client had said at the shoot, foe example how she really like Holly, Sophie was very now & how Angel struggled with the shoot, well not that they showed in the edit anyway!

I thought Holly would go, Sarah to go next for me & Sophie to win.

This concerned me too (unless it did not get shown) as judges clearly seem to have favourites, i.e those who they accept as having faults, but the same faults would not be acceptable for others. E.g. Elle referred to Sophie as possibly being not interesting enough (!), but I am not sure what makes her less interesting than the others. Same way Elle kept getting digs in about Saffron's hair being samey, but she was styled for her photos and I am not sure that all of the others (e.g Sarah) looked particularly different in each shot. Hmmm. I think Danni seems fairest of all the judges not being predisposed to like/dislike any of the contestants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Danni seems fairest of all the judges not being predisposed to like/dislike any of the contestants.

I'm really liking Dani, she seems to be really enjoying what she's doing and knows her stuff too.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I love Dannii, but I do not think she is fair when she goes on about Naomi. You can see her rooting for Naiomi, with saying things like 'I love Naiomi, when she should be rooting for all of them. It isn't fair on the other girls. Naiomi isn't as strong as the others left now, yet Dannii is rooting for her. I am lost, I really am. No doubt, Naomi will stay this week, because Dannii loves her, even though Naomi is the weakest left in my opinion:rolleyes: I agree with Tyson, saying Naiomi is average compared to the others.

I hardly agree with Dannii, yet I agree with Elle and Tyson a lot more

Like I say, I love Dannii, she is great on The X Factor and I love her musiic. However, I do not think she is right for this show at all. She isn't partial enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a joke. Naiomi is the most average looking left, yet gets to stay. At least she won't win anyway. Naiomi should have been booted in my opinion. I do not think she is model material at all and only got to stay in my view because Dannii is rooting for her.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With regard to whatever Dannii says compared to the other Judges... Don't forget the show is edited to give the impression of whatever the producers and Elle want. It's done with every TV show, and is more often than not taken out of context compared to the unedited version... Take it with a pinch of salt, and don't forget, she's the new kid on the block and was brought in to give a different perspective from the other two and to boost ratings. Which she's done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Archangel wrote: »
    With regard to whatever Dannii says compared to the other Judges... Don't forget the show is edited to give the impression of whatever the producers and Elle want. It's done with every TV show, and is more often than not taken out of context compared to the unedited version... Take it with a pinch of salt, and don't forget, she's the new kid on the block and was brought in to give a different perspective from the other two and to boost ratings. Which she's done.

Thanks for that. I am not having a go at Dannii at all, because I was a a huge fan of hers when she was on The X Factor, with her music now and generally as a person, but it does look like she likes Naiomi more than the others. If it is editing as you say, then maybe I shouldn't be blaming Dannii for this and it is down to the fault of the producers for making it look like this:)

Yes, I guess the final say for the deciding factor will go to Elle, considering she is the head judge. It just annoys me when good ones with potential of being a model, go out to someone who will in the end, probably get less work in my opinion, because they are not right for the job.

As for me moaning about Holly being nasty, well it looks like her and Angel are now friends, considering what I have read on Angel an Holly's twitter accounts. Maybe Holly being nasty was down to the editiing too and it was made out to be worse than it was. Who knows, but at least they are in contact. with each other.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I thought all of them looked awful in their photos this week, pretty photos but none of them (bar possibly Sarah/Naomi) looked like models. Emma looked old, Sophie's was just a bit WTF, Angel did not look like a model (what was the afro all about?) and Lauren just looked completely meh.

I didn't mind any of the girls to begin with but Emma's constant whining is starting to get annoying, and the way Sarah seems to be facing her biggest fear every week is starting to annoy me as well.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad Angel went this week.

Lauren's photo was very poor, she really blended in with the other girls on her shoot. Not exactly standout.

Still hope Emma can at least make the final. Naomi is surely out next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was surprised Angel went the week thought it would have been Emma or Naomi but their photos were better this week, not keen on Sarah but she does always look great in her photos.

I'm also tired of her facing her fears every week, boring!

Did anyone else think Emma looked awful at judging, too much make up & her outfit looked like she was going to the office!
  • Options
    The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma has always looked poor at judging I think.

Glad Angel went - though i can't help but feel they sabotaged her with that Afro... It was truly awful!!

Still want Lauren to win.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from anything else, using a wig in a hair commercial seemed dishonest to me.