Options

Water usage

Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have a Water meter and my usage is fairly consistent at 30 cub mtrs per 6month period. I have my own Bore-hole for watering garden. An friend same age roughly same size family ,just two pensioner adults . Showed me his 2 recent bills both 17cu mtrs. No other water supply only one water Butt. Question, how much water do you use? I thought I read somewhere that the average for two adults was approx 50cub mtrs, which would make ours about right considering use of Borehole.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I think the problem is that you like big butts and cannot lie.
  • Options
    Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://olivethepeople.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/applause-gif.gif
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

Noooo ! Ear worm alert!!
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Noooo ! Ear worm alert!!

if it`s a song i`ll not google it then:D.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hut27 wrote: »
    I have a Water meter and my usage is fairly consistent at 30 cub mtrs per 6month period. I have my own Bore-hole for watering garden. An friend same age roughly same size family ,just two pensioner adults . Showed me his 2 recent bills both 17cu mtrs. No other water supply only one water Butt. Question, how much water do you use? I thought I read somewhere that the average for two adults was approx 50cub mtrs, which would make ours about right considering use of Borehole.

It's easier to measure usage as litres/day, and my water company reckon on 150 litres/day per person.

30 m3/six months is 164 litres/day, which is very economical for two people. The 50 m3 figure is 136 litres/day/person, so is about right. Your friends using 17 m3, would be using 46 litres a day each. I take it they don't shower or bathe every day then ...

But I don't know how much significance the borehole would be; my own usage is something over 100 litres, and I can't remember the last time I watered the garden. (Especially as the ground is waterlogged for nine months of the year.)
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stick a brick in a bag in every toilet so it uses less per flush and look at how you do things like washing clothes, run water while brushing teeth

might be worth spending a day writing down everything water wise that gets used to see if theres any points that you can save on
  • Options
    Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »
    It's easier to measure usage as litres/day, and my water company reckon on 150 litres/day per person.

30 m3/six months is 164 litres/day, which is very economical for two people. The 50 m3 figure is 136 litres/day/person, so is about right. Your friends using 17 m3, would be using 46 litres a day each. I take it they don't shower or bathe every day then ...

But I don't know how much significance the borehole would be; my own usage is something over 100 litres, and I can't remember the last time I watered the garden. (Especially as the ground is waterlogged for nine months of the year.)

Thanks for your comments and information, I am not looking to economise on usage and as this area has very light sandy soil I need to water my garden (mostly pots, troughs and baskets)I must admit, every day in the growing period.
    I would not believe my friends low usage until he showed me his two bills.
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hut27 wrote: »
    Question, how much water do you use?
    Haven't a clue because we aren't billed separately for water in Scotland (it's a flat rate included in our council tax).

A disabled relative is in the shower for up to an hour a few times a week and I use the washing machine every day, so I'm guessing we're higher than average use.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I'd have to check my bill, but I'm listed as a low usage household.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ours is ludicrously high, largely due to Mr Lakie's inability to turn off taps properly.

He goes round turning lights off after me, and then puts half a gallon of water in the kettle to make 2 cups of tea.