Wild Brazil. BBC2 9pm 14th January

BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
Forum Member
Watched this on Iplayer this morning and what a wonderful programme. It's narrated by Stephen Mangan and the camera work is beautiful.

Was nice that there was no killing of the main animal stars. A very interesting show and very cute babies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/p01npl5v/

Comments

• Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aimed a little bit at smaller kids, but then it is hard to do a standard prog on Brazil after the superb Andes to Amazon.

I was surprised that part 2 is on tonight.
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Watched this on Iplayer this morning and what a wonderful programme. It's narrated by Stephen Mangan and the camera work is beautiful.

Was nice that there was no killing of the main animal stars. A very interesting show and very cute babies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/p01npl5v/

I didn't like the bit where the snake ate the rodent though, but it was funny when the monkey tried to steal it from him/her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those massive otters were, er, massive.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    Aimed a little bit at smaller kids, but then it is hard to do a standard prog on Brazil after the superb Andes to Amazon.

I was surprised that part 2 is on tonight.

Seems it is a 3 parter, last one tomo.
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the bit where the snake ate the rodent though, but it was funny when the monkey tried to steal it from him/her.

I know it's nature but I don't like the killing parts :( the monkey was funny tho :D

Were the Otters 6 foot long? I don't do metric :blush:
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's nature but I don't like the killing parts :( the monkey was funny tho :D

Were the Otters 6 foot long?
    I don't do metric :blush:

Yes, I think they reach about 5/6 feet long. And, as we saw tonight, have super cute looking pups too! :) I missed last nights so will watch that tomorrow on catch up. Great documentary though, thoroughly enjoyed tonight's episode. Some of the photography/filming was stunning, especially the night sky with all the stars against the illuminated termite mounds, I wish they'd dwelled longer on that bit, it was just amazing, as well as that waterfall - bigger and wider than Niagara Falls evidently!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked that the jaguar attacked & killed the cayman.:o
    Forum Member
    I was shocked that the jaguar attacked & killed the cayman.:o

Same here. but didn't they say they are the largest of the cat family but still .. a Caymen in one fell swoop :o

I am so fascinated by this programme. The camera work and scenery are totally stunning.

The baby monkey has stolen my heart. His so cute.
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Yes, I think they reach about 5/6 feet long. And, as we saw tonight, have super cute looking pups too! :) I missed last nights so will watch that tomorrow on catch up. Great documentary though, thoroughly enjoyed tonight's episode. Some of the photography/filming was stunning, especially the night sky with all the stars against the illuminated termite mounds, I wish they'd dwelled longer on that bit, it was just amazing, as well as that waterfall - bigger and wider than Niagara Falls evidently!

That is big!!

Agree I would have liked to have seen more of the termite mould. What an amazing sight that was at night and the amount of stars in the sky was incredible.

Would love if we had more of these shows than all the cooking progs we get.
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the first episode last night on catch up and as with all BBC wildlife documentaries simply superb.

All that hacks me off a little is does the background music have to be soooo loud at times. It got so loud a several points you could hardly hear the narrator
  • Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is big!!

Agree I would have liked to have seen more of the termite mould. What an amazing sight that was at night and the amount of stars in the sky was incredible.

Would love if we had more of these shows than all the cooking progs we get.

Been lucky enough to go to Iguassu and fly over them in a helicopter - if you ever get the chance, go, as it is an amazing sight. They feature in the film 'The Mission'. Those termite hills are just massive.

I was just surprised that this is being shown quickly over three consecutive days at 9pm.
    Forum Member
    Been lucky enough to go to Iguassu and fly over them in a helicopter - if you ever get the chance, go, as it is an amazing sight. They feature in the film 'The Mission'. Those termite hills are just massive.

I was just surprised that this is being shown quickly over three consecutive days at 9pm.

When I will the Lotto that will be on my bucket list, even tho I am a bit scared of flying!

I can imagine from above it must have looked amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The photography and camera work are brilliant but the narrator is really boring.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    I watched a documentary last year about the Giant Otters, the family they showed took on a Cayman and killed it, so I was expecting to see similar again, rather than the Jaguar going for the kill.

I had no idea it was on consecutive nights, so have only watched the first two, was going to watch part 3 as well, but I'm starting to fall asleep.
  • Robin DaviesRobin Davies Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    ...didn't they say they are the largest of the cat family
    The largest in the Americas presumably. Surely they're smaller than lions and tigers.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. but didn't they say they are the largest of the cat family but still .. a Caymen in one fell swoop :o

Jaguars are a tad bigger than Leopards aren't they ?. Biggest In South America. Hardly in the league of Lions or Siberian Tigers. Liked the program but Stephen Mangan is a boring voice over. I was struck by how human some of the monkey's behaviour was. The nervous grins etc.